By B.M. Barrelcooker
Well I have to say I must have missed the best part of this because I took my boys and the fatherless neighbor kid ( he might as well be mine ) fishing and nature watching this afternoon. It was nice.

I pay a lot of overtime a whole lot of overtime.
I have several employees that make real close to what I make because of overtime. My salary guys that get the hours get compensated in bonus and paid time when we aren't working.

I've only had a few complaints about the amount of hours we work. My standard answer is " we work when our customers need us to work. " it's that simple to me . I'm willing to pay but if you aren't willing to work then find another job. I need people that want to work. No hard feelings that's just how it is.
Since I took on the philosophy that the gate is always open for anyone to leave I have seen a remarkable change in the quality of employees.
I don't want any unhappy people infecting my operation. Hard work by nature isn't easy good attitudes help everyone . Bad attitudes can hit the road. In willing to keep raising the pay until the balance is right but I have noticed that there are some folks that will never get enough and will always find fault ......I have zero time got them as I try to do quality efficient work and satisfy my customers.
Life is too short to put up with bitchers and moaners.
By B.M. Barrelcooker
Oh and I forgot to add.
Why is it that employers ( cantfidhfordhit calls them job creators. ) are vilified so much these days.

I find myself feeling responsible for the well being of everyone that I pay and their families.
I pray for Their safety and well bring everyday .
It really insults me when folks deride employers as greedy uncaring sob s.

Most business owners I know really care about their people and do what they can to treat them right.

The cheap scape penny pinchers never seem to find quality help and struggle because of it.
By SOBF
Oh and I forgot to add.
Why is it that employers ( cantfidhfordhit calls them job creators. ) are vilified so much these days.

I find myself feeling responsible for the well being of everyone that I pay and their families.
I pray for Their safety and well bring everyday .
It really insults me when folks deride employers as greedy uncaring sob s.

Most business owners I know really care about their people and do what they can to treat them right.

The cheap scape penny pinchers never seem to find quality help and struggle because of it.
I've said it before BM. Got a bro with 12-14 employees. Pays all of their health insurance premiums to the tune of 23,000 + ish each and he and his partner give the employees 15% of their pay PLUS pay a bonus. And they get paid well to do the job they were hired to do. They have been carrying at least one too many for the business demands for a couple years because they can afford too.Greedy fucks they are.
By cantfishforshit
Jesus guys...you guys are clearly smart people, but sometimes you drive me nuts jumping from one extreme to the next. Not trying to be a smart ass, but do you really think I'm talking about small business owners that employee 15-30, or even 200 for that matter? No, I'm not. The small to mid sized businesses owners that I have worked for, with the exception of one, have all been hard working men and women that paid a decent wage and got their employees benefits to the extent that they could and still expand the business. I admire guys like that and I know that most of them work hard and try their best. I'm fairly certain that BM does well, but if you think he is comparable to McDonalds, I don't know what to say. He and other small business owners are not the people I have a beef with. Good gawd.
By cantfishforshit
SOBF wrote:
I have too, but I've never been so dumb that I couldn't better myself...I can't say that for others.
Speaking of dumb. That is a fucking ridiculous statement. I know plenty of folks who aren't Mensa members (myself included) that work their asses off and make a fine living. Bettering yourself doesn't involve just brain power.
That comment speaks volumes about you. DOLT

I'm talking about people that can't peel off a sticker backing, place the mounting piece on the display and then the placard, without me showing them four times...literally. I had one that couldn't grasp when to take off the sticker backing on one side and then the other...this happens on a regular basis...these people are borderline retarded...I think some of them may actually be retarded...Is that PC? Retarded? Oh wait..."Mentally Handicapped." Also, stop calling me names...asshole.
By austrotard
I thought you were a chemist.

mate, you've had more (shit) jobs than a fucking jamaican.
and calling folk retards is just plain mean.
By cantfishforshit
austrotard wrote:I thought you were a chemist.

mate, you've had more (shit) jobs than a fucking jamaican.
and calling folk retards is just plain mean.

I was a quality assurance chemist...I moved to normal quality assurance...no chemistry involved. They are related...you nimrod. Yes, calling folks retards is mean, you retard.
By cantfishforshit
[quote="austrotard"]eat a dick, d-wayne.

[/quote]

Shut it, poof.
By SOBF
I'm talking about people that can't peel off a sticker backing, place the mounting piece on the display and then the placard, without me showing them four times...literally. I had one that couldn't grasp when to take off the sticker backing on one side and then the other...this happens on a regular basis...these people are borderline retarded...I think some of them may actually be retarded...Is that PC? Retarded? Oh wait..."Mentally Handicapped." Also, stop calling me names...asshole.
Do you work at Goodwill ?
By cantfishforshit
SOBF wrote:
Do you work at Goodwill ?

Very close...most of our employees are temps from in and around public housing. A few of them are fairly bright...most are far from it. They are part of the reason I have a job. I had to explain to one the other night about why she was stacking the pallet wrong and to turn the box, not move the shipping label so that the shipping label is to the outside of the pallet...she continued to do it her way twice more before she finally got what I was saying...it was a box...with a shipping label...and she kept moving the shipping label to the wrong side of the box, instead of turning the box so that the sticker faced out. But hey...what do I know? Clearly this lay dis capable of more than he's doing. She has a kid and is a single mom and can't afford to pay a sitter so that she can work another job and her mom won't watch the kid 18 hours a day. I get what you guys are saying and I generally agree, but it's not always possible to just work your way out of poverty. For most of us it is, but not for absolutely everyone.
Friday Cheer Through Pics

If youve any water left by July that is... Th[…]

Reads

Glad you're enjoying it Obie. I owe Tom a big th[…]

Brood X

damn i guess its been 17 yeqrs since i went back t[…]

whatcha tying?

A little smalljaw treat. 20210118_161823.jpg

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine