something to think about and discuss

flybug.pa.

something to think about and discuss

Post by flybug.pa. » Sat May 31, 2014 8:22 am

for a change i will post something relatively intelligent.
Why do we have so many mass shootings in this country, i know it happens in some other countries also, but we clearly lead the way . Leaders, we like to lead.... i believe in guns, yet what the fuck are we doing here. Have we raised our kids wrong or what? discuss.
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

Cary

Re: something to think about and discuss

Post by Cary » Sat May 31, 2014 9:17 am

Immediate gratification to solving a perceived problem.
Utah is great, it's just too bad it's in Utah...
-CE

cantfishforshit.

Post by cantfishforshit. » Sat May 31, 2014 9:49 am

I doubt we can point to any one thing, but if I had to narrow it down to what does the most damage, I would say it's our culture.
“I am a fisherman. The work is simple, as is my life. Still, I take pride in my work because on these waters, I may think, and reason not to."

-Hindu Fisherman

"Do you remember, Odin, when in bygone days we mixed our blood together? You said you would never drink ale unless it were brought to both of us?" -Njal

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Sat May 31, 2014 11:09 am

I firmly believe it has to do with dads not spending enough time with their kids.

Young men will follow direction when given the chance.
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

FormerlyChaseChrome

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Sat May 31, 2014 11:18 am

30,000 gun deaths/yr
48,000 hospitalizations attributed to malicious shootings (human targeted)

http://idiotsguides.com/static/quickgui ... -arms.html

Check this out and the gross misinterpretation of the 2nd amendment.

Plow

Post by Plow » Sat May 31, 2014 5:29 pm

5 to 10 inner city black kids have been getting shot or killed every day for a very, very long while.

If politicians thought they might change the way they traditionally vote something would be done about the carnage.

Until then the gun control faction needs those numbers.
Better Reds than dead...

jdub

Post by jdub » Sat May 31, 2014 5:57 pm

Guys not getting laid enuf in their formative years. It makes them pissed at the world.
"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home." Roderick Haig-Brown

http://utahstreamaccess.org/

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Sat May 31, 2014 9:44 pm

Every body knows violent crimes in this country are at historic lows.
24/7 news coverage where every mass shooting is worth BILLIONS of ad revenue during brutal economic times.

Video games where you kill all day, get rewarded and don't have to clean up brain matter or blood splatter.

Libs shouldn't even be able to talk gun control without addressing the #800 elephant in the room.

Chicago.
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

canook

Post by canook » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:15 pm

blumpkin wrote:Every body knows violent crimes in this country are at historic lows.
24/7 news coverage where every mass shooting is worth BILLIONS of ad revenue during brutal economic times.

Video games where you kill all day, get rewarded and don't have to clean up brain matter or blood splatter.
Korean and Japanese kids play more violent video games per capita than Americans.

The whole 'civilized' world has the same access to CNN and Hollywood as Americans.

It's obviously something else.

pbrstreetgang

Post by pbrstreetgang » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:45 pm

what about the whole "everyone is a winner" bullshit that is going around? Kids need to understand defeat, and that life is not measured in how badly you fall or lose, but how you pick up your shit, dust it off, and get back to work.

Folks need to be more involved with the shaping of their children. Go to a park during the day and see how many parents surf their phone and let their kids roam around. The wife and I took our kiddos to the school playground the other day and I saw five Moms just staring at their phones while a few kids we saying, "Mommy - look!" Not a single head turned.

I think most people feel the need to have kids, but not raise them.
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:28 am

expectations and abilities.
young men need to know responsibility and know they are loved regardless of their expectations and abilities.

cub scouts.
boy scouts.
national service.

fuck religion. all of it.

be a father to your kids.
stop the cycle of abuse.

treat your women with respect.

try not to be a cunt today.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

Muddled Duck

Post by Muddled Duck » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:30 pm

Change the laws regarding getting the mentally ill committed. There are empty asylums all over the country. Many of the culprits would have been in an institution in the past. A side benefit would be getting a high percentage of the homeless off the street
"Don Jacobo Crespin y McGillicuddy awoke at noon, feeling refreshed and languorous at the same time, one of the neatest tricks a man can perform."

“Which way General?” the aide asked. “Either,” Forrest growled. “If one road led to Hell and the other to Mexico, I would be indifferent which to take.”