something to think about and discuss

Pedorro

Re: something to think about and discuss

Post by Pedorro » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:51 pm

I ask because I read that the GF of the Columbine Killer bought the gun at a show because no background check.
That Fly took such a shellackin' I just wanted put a warm towel on her shoulders and
giver her a bowl of chicken soup…Blumpkin

We have an easygoing and demotivated freemarket type of uslessness here...JhnnyThndr

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:24 am

I would never, under any circumstance, own a gun. They are iccccccccccky!
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:51 am

fallen513 wrote:I would never, under any circumstance, own a gun. They are iccccccccccky!
I will be finding out with a quickness if you have an 8wt.

Could pretty much spend the 4th in CiNcI....

Unless you got other shit going down.

Find us a MiCrO burst thunderstorm to hang out in like last time.

You have been warned....
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:11 am

It's on.
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:32 am

Hey... Um... I have a petition going on in the Assifieds about me guiding in AK that I would like you guys to sign.

Upsetters.... beers tomorrow after work?

Fallen.... Yep 4th of July... I have not fired a weapon since 2006.

It was a .50 cal.
And I was in the door of a CH53 ECHO.
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:04 am

I saw your post time...is tomorrow today...or thursday? Either way, sure. Shoot me a text when youre on your way.

canook

Post by canook » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:11 pm

Muddled Duck wrote:
Gun shows aren't quite what is often portrayed.
Apparently, neither are the background checks:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/1 ... 06643.html

Muddled Duck

Post by Muddled Duck » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:32 pm

canook wrote:
Muddled Duck wrote:

You really want to give credibility to an article in Huffington Post citing a study by The Center for American Progress? How about a study by a credible organization? Not exactly an organization known for their open mindedness.
"Don Jacobo Crespin y McGillicuddy awoke at noon, feeling refreshed and languorous at the same time, one of the neatest tricks a man can perform."

“Which way General?” the aide asked. “Either,” Forrest growled. “If one road led to Hell and the other to Mexico, I would be indifferent which to take.”

Shufisher

Post by Shufisher » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:12 pm

Vilifying inanimate objects, or dumbassotitis is one of the side effects caused by having a commonsenseectomy.
My shit stinks like a 3rd world country, but dammit, if I'm in Hood River, I'm not drinking Ranier! The Wandering Blues

canook

Post by canook » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:51 pm

Muddled Duck wrote:
canook wrote:
Muddled Duck wrote:

You really want to give credibility to an article in Huffington Post citing a study by The Center for American Progress? How about a study by a credible organization? Not exactly an organization known for their open mindedness.
Any proof they're wrong, or you just want to kill the messenger for something you don't like?

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:01 pm

I perused the study. They have a point on convicted stalkers, adding them to 922(g) wouldnt rub me the wrong way. I think they are making shit up on dv where folks arent married. No cites to stat sources, and at least here, you will get a misdemeanor charge for beating on your gf just the same as if she was your wife. Reporting issues are just that reporting issues, and BO has already made improving comms and reporting a focus of the executive efforts and that is fine.

I still disagree with requiring nics on private sales. I think all private sellers should have the option of requiring nics checks intra- or inter- state. Youd be a fool not to if selling to a stranger. Apparently there are some fools out there. Not my problem and I shouldnt be made to suffer their idiotic actions.

Confiscation always makes me leary, so I will refrain from comment.

Muddled Duck

Post by Muddled Duck » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:38 pm

canook wrote:
Muddled Duck wrote:
canook wrote:
Any proof they're wrong, or you just want to kill the messenger for something you don't like?
On a phone and not in a position to really dig. I do know that in TN a restraining order costs you your gun rights until it is removed. Even though I question their integrity, a study from the Justice Department, or anyone else without motive for a specific finding, would carry more weight. When an organization on either side publishes a "study" it's reasonable to view it with skepticism

It is interesting to note that part of the issue they are promoting is agencies not reporting. If agencies don't report what the fuck good do laws do?
"Don Jacobo Crespin y McGillicuddy awoke at noon, feeling refreshed and languorous at the same time, one of the neatest tricks a man can perform."

“Which way General?” the aide asked. “Either,” Forrest growled. “If one road led to Hell and the other to Mexico, I would be indifferent which to take.”