Hey... Um... Where's Obama?

SOBF

Re: Hey... Um... Where's Obama?

Post by SOBF » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:59 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... casus.html
Hope they do go as I'm guessing VP has a plan to deal with them !

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:32 pm

at this point I would like to see any interested party (country) start the carpet bombing. this is getting old.
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

FormerlyChaseChrome

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:52 pm

Plow wrote:Obama said he wants to make the isis problem manageable. Can't imagine what that means.
Couldn't imagine what ANYONE would mean...

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:56 pm

hopefully some exceptional country steps up & wipes these fuckers out.
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:09 pm

Why don't we ever talk about Saudi Arabia ?

Why doesn't anyone... Ever... Talk about Saudi Arabias role in Islamic extremism.

19 out of 22... 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia.

Why is Saudi Arabia never in the news... Regarding anything.
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:16 pm

'cuz you don't wanna pay $10 for a gallon of gasolina, mate.
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:12 pm

fallen513 wrote:'cuz you don't wanna pay $10 for a gallon of gasolina, mate.
Yup. And the "family ". " ain't protesting or jihading nothin "
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

Spking

Post by Spking » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:52 pm

blumpkin wrote:Why don't we ever talk about Saudi Arabia ?

Why doesn't anyone... Ever... Talk about Saudi Arabias role in Islamic extremism.

19 out of 22... 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia.

Why is Saudi Arabia never in the news... Regarding anything.
You make a very good point. They have the cash, the equipment, the men to damn near take care of this on their own.
I read a report in the WSJ last week on the economic impact of all of this.
With the coalition that GB-1 put together in the first Gulf War and the money Japan and Germany kicked in the war from a economic standpoint cost us $0.00 .
It may be time for some of these freeloading countries to start paying their way in all of this.

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:11 am

they have problems of their own , and the kings take care of them quietly, along with Dubai , Kuwait and the rest of the cash laden pigs. its all about$$$$$. like some fucking rap shit.
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:12 am

fallen513 wrote:hopefully some exceptional country steps up & wipes these fuckers out.
russia
- Frank Zappa

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:23 am

Listening to the echo chamber here for the last few days has been amusing.

Some points here, cuz dog knows they're an endangered species down here:

Carpet bomb who? Where? Any military historian, let alone those of you who served, know it didn't work so well in Nam, and worked marginally well in Afghan.

Blump, to his credit, brought up one of big elephants in the room...Saudi Arabia. As an aside, we only get 10% of our oil from the middle east for consumption in the US. That'e been a fact for years now, despite the calls for "energy independence from the middle east". Simple geography and costs: We source ours from Mexico, Canukistan, Venezuela, and domestic.

If you think Saudi would raise the price of gas to $10 a gallon if we gave them shit...imagine what all of yer "carpet bombing" suggestions would accomplish....ever heard of recession? And let me guess, Barry gets all gung ho and carpet bombs and the price of gas just doubles, to $7 a gallon.....I bet a good number of you will blame him for the price of gas right?

But here's where the rubber hits the road: Saudi is Shia....The Bush a family and other influential American before them all cow towed many years ago to securing some huge fields of oil there. For the Saudis: A US "ally", er, uh...customer (back then we and Canada weren't producing as much oil, and decades ago alot of it did come from the middle east)...that would build a military base and both protect Saudi from the other faction there, the Sunnis and Iran....and they get the stability needed for good oil sales/development...

And then you have the Sunnis....they're in places like Iran and Syria. They are a minority of Iraq and many of you served know. We have a Shia leader in Iraq....cuz,well...a foreign country invaded it for oil and took out their Sunni dictator who kept his country and those around them pretty damn stable. So stable, he was a US ally in the 80s'....

And you know what the dirty little secret is? You guys are maybe, maybe aware of the fact Saudi has some pretty extreme wingnuts within their country...not all practicing that same shia flavor or the like....and yes...they did the 9/11....

....well, a good chunk of the resources that ISIS is getting are coming from $ from these Saudi extremists. Lol...it ain't coming from Assad and Syria. It's what caused him the headaches remember?

So...what to do? Anyone got anything that actually serves Americas "best interests" to use foreign policy speak?

We bomb Sunnis or shias? What are the impacts by us taking sides? Especially when we have military bases in one of the largest extremist funders...Saudi.

I'm sure the cute answer of fuck em all will satisfy alot of folks....but that's just being reactive, and that shit never makes sense. ISIS was created by a power vacuum created by the war in Iraq. While some of you want us to prioritize our issues at home, some of you also want us to commit actions that would ultimately galvanize more folks to hate the US policies in the Middle East and go tea extreme....and w/o a doubt send the energy and economy into the shitter....which will indeed impact you personally a fuck ton more than worrying about some assholes in the desert.

I think solid selective (we've got the tech for fuck sakes) bombing strikes on ID'd targets is really all we can do. Unless we as a country want a boots war...which would be a disaster and I don't think America can afford it $ wise or culturally.
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:46 am

Just what I was hoping for VTNZ... Thanks.
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.