Hey... Um... Where's Obama?

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Re: Hey... Um... Where's Obama?

Post by MTgrayling » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:59 am

root wad wrote:Used to watch Cheney show up in August on The Dean. He did have some shady looking characters with him at all times. His one redeeming quality? He loved to try to catch steelhead with a fly rod.
Probably after he slamfucked the Klamath.
Ryan found his way out; your escape awaits...

Let there be HIGH water!

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:08 am

You pay taxes here today- but I think you're bailout plan is pretty obvious.

Who doesn't take their "buddies" fishing- but that's not who's paying the bills, trips of a lifetime, by their very nature arent where the daily bread is coming from.

The post where you expressed your contempt for white Americans who aren't rich is in this thread, everyone who has read any of your posts down here can think offhand of a few times when you've expressed contempt for wealthy white Americans.

You are right, I don't know you at all- in fact, all I have to go off are the points you make here, and that you flyfish- sometimes with your buddies, othertimes, not.

As for not knowing my demographic- arent you confident that I'm either a wealthy or otherwise, white (contemptable) american

Just taking you at face value regards
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

gadflyfisher

Post by gadflyfisher » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:14 am

jhnnythndr wrote:So- who all is following the (non honky) who couldn't/ wouldn't negotiate a status of forces agreement back into Iraq? Purely hypothetical- I know the demographic here is mostly lazy honkys* who don't / won't do much other than shit themselves as they watch the end on tv . Hahaha.

*oddly in this case it might not fit- given that the comsbt arms branches of the military in this country are almost exclusively composed of white people. You have to go to supply or commo or the motor pool to find any color- and to figure out why the radios don't work and the vehicles haven't been maintenanced and there are no Chem lights engineer tape or concertina wire.

You know what they say "THANK GOD FOR THE CWST!"

Otherwise the infantry would work about as well as McDonald's or Sierra Leone. Or Mexico.

If you got a problem with us lazy fucking honkies who didn't get to the 1%, and you got a problem with the honkies who did- fuck the suk.

Here's your new internt home.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/365black/en/home.html
We have a SOFA with Iraq>
It was negotiated by President Bush and it called for all troops to be withdrawn by 2011.
Now Mr Obama is wrong for honoring an agreement our country signed off on?

PS I am not following anyone anywhere with our troops.
I disagreed the first time and nothing has changed other than we created more American hating terrorists.

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:20 am

I'm getting migration lessons from someone from: Transient?

"I like our history of migrants"....except when it's VTNZ huh? How was the Bahamas, oh right, that was before the revelation...

This is a bit surreal: Bashing a fishing guide (a slight on career choice I'll gladly let be),making nowhere near 6 figures, white guy, living in the whitest state in America....all cuz I hate whitey!

Whew....glad we cleared that up. Keep your day job...
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:02 am

I'm sorry, I miscommunicated. I meant no slight to your carreer choice. It's the (what I perceived to be) hypocritical way you expressed your feelings about a demographic by which appearances you should belong that made me take notice. Which called my attention to the fact that you have taken some well measured steps to seperate yourself from both 1% Americans and the rest of us hapless rabid bastards- and then I noticed where you described us again and it all came together.

Like I said, like you said- I don't know you. i can only read where you've expressed your thoughts and take them at face value.
If you want to know what someone thinks all you have to do is listen and they will tell you.

You speak of life "after the revelation" well. It sucks. I wish I could blow this place off. I never dreamed this country would fall without a shot fired. There's no comfort in knowing I'm already home.
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:24 am

Fair enough JT.

I think it's pretty darn safe to say most everyone who has time to be teh suk at high noon right coast time, is neither a 1%er or truly poor. I've met good folks on all ends of the spectrum. Wealth, like color, does not predispose my opinions. If yer rich, orange, and an asshole, yer an asshole. If yer purple, poor, and an asshole....yer an asshole.

I live by the mantra of equal opportunity ball buster....if we give anyone free passes or turn the other way...shit goes pear shaped. I think NAFTA was a classic example of that. What could ever go wrong if Bubba and R's "agreed" to something?
The same again may happen to Americans with the next trade deal TPP. Scary shit.
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:34 pm

Thanks VTNZ.
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:10 pm

Ah yes, when all else fails, what fails the most on teh suk is objectivity....

"The most ironic circle jerk..."- Bellyup

So, for all you white guys with sore pussies, let me ask you this:

If the "white" americans as a whole....no,not the plumber on the drake, the owner of a construction co. in Tenn., a guy who works for the feds in Miss., a guy who seemingly by his own choices has worked all sorts of trades (that'd be you blummers),etc.etc.....

...wanted to work so hard and with the same work ethic as you all, then why is there the demand for immigrant labor;legal or otherwise? Because we fucking send ABLE bodied people checks to do NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is there even the demand if the white "legal" population is so ready to go to it? Then wouldn't unemployment be lower?

According to most every capitalistic model out there, the laws of supply and demand dictate that when jobs are in high demand, wages go up....right?

There have been numerous threads here and likely on other floors making numerous points regarding the apathy of urban middle class youth...now we're all gonna distance ourselves from that? Remind me again, for all of you (not all on this thread) who railed against those at Occupy as non-working liberals who got free iphones from "Obamy".....were they mostly white folks?

Riiight...so the national media covers that as such, including some of yer favorite, Fox news, were going apeshit crazy over these "people"....

So yea....what I eluded to is just a real revelation now isn't it?

But hey, if what I asserted is so wrong, point out to me where. And for the love of dog, stay on the point. And that point was JT's idea for border crossers. I merely pointed out the current model,whether you want to admit it or not, is not a whole lot different; and part of the reason why, is that a certain % of a certain demographic don't want to the work. Simple as that.

As LTD, or someone eluded, white dudes don't work as many fast food jobs when measured by population/demographic; ultimately, same thing...they aren't into doing that type of work.

Before someone in tells me about their son/cousin who worked 7 jobs including flipping burgers; I get it. I flipped burgers myself in a convenience store as a teen. But at a national level, that's simply not the case. Living in Vermont, which happens to be the whitest state in America, along with one of the most rural and one that agriculture is a top 3 for the economy, I'm seeing something pretty obvious, which most of you living further south and west saw many years ago:

We're seeing more immigrants working the fields....in the whitest state in the US. Way the fuck north....9 months of winter, 3 months of bad sledding; no "great great grandma rodriguez" to justify moving to Vt to live and work (which has been the numero uno justification for these latest round of kids,etc. They're going north to live with an uncle or the like).

I know a dairy farmer in Marshfield, Vt. His wife at the time (about 5 yrs ago), was the head of the VT Dairy farmers association. They were is the process of stopping milking and just raising heifers. Why, I asked.

"Even though the the price isn't great for milk right now, we simply can't find good workers. We can pay $16-18/hr and you get a place to stay for free, but nobody wants to work the hours (often 50-60+ week). Right now, we've had a older guy in his late 40's who sold his farm years ago helping us, but he can't do it for much longer, that wasn't his plan"

Don't believe me? Part of the issue was that "dairy workers"at the time had to be more documented than other ag type workers. Pat Leahy, our Senator and others got a bill passed in the past few years opening up the dairy industry to more immigrants. Look it up for yourself, and ask yourself why? In the whitest state in the union?

In NZ, a country with a pretty large white population, and an enormous, vast agricultural empire, the largest diary co-op in the world, and a min. wage. of $14.25....and we're finding in the last few year an enormous increase in immigrant labor....mostly philippines and sri lankans. And they can't walk across the border. So there is an example of legal immigration demand for work where there is ample domestic workforce to do the work, but they don't want to.

Everyone likes to espouse the virtues of hard work and to conveniently shit on those who don't have the same ethic. In many cases, that may be a justifiable position. But I fail to see how some folks can selectively exclude a certain demographic from the discussion because it may or may not hit close to home.

But yea, if you want to explain to me how the state of Alabama passed the strictest immigrant worker laws in the land a while ago, and the farmers (all R's), went to the Gov. and their party and said "you will kill our business with this bill...there aren't enough white workers willing to do the work".....I'm all ears.
We send checks to people for sitting on their ass. A capitalistic idea that is not. Able bodied folks need to work or volunteer before a check is sent to them.

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Post by MTgrayling » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:48 pm

MTgrayling wrote:
root wad wrote:Used to watch Cheney show up in August on The Dean. He did have some shady looking characters with him at all times. His one redeeming quality? He loved to try to catch steelhead with a fly rod.
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/cheney/c ... index.html

A link for those that don't remember or misremember that horrific incident.

Dick is no angler, but Dick is a dick.
Ryan found his way out; your escape awaits...

Let there be HIGH water!

FormerlyChaseChrome

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:50 pm

MTgrayling wrote:
MTgrayling wrote:
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/cheney/c ... index.html

A link for those that don't remember or misremember that horrific incident.

Dick is no angler, but Dick is a dick.
Flyrod or no...you're right...a dick is a dick...and stay the fuck off our Dean
Present reprobates excepted of course...

Wholetmygoatsout

Post by Wholetmygoatsout » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:22 pm

Did Dick have the secret service scuba down the river ahead of him like they wanted to do in NZ ?
"..I made my living on here drawing dicks for the last 4+ years". RFA

"Sometimes you are the dog, sometimes you are the tree". Mario Gotze

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:58 pm

my friend who operates there, spoke of a helicopter, an entourage (sic) in boats and strangers on the banks of the Bighorn.
FUCK CHENEY
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa