By MTgrayling
Today I grieve for my country.

13 years and 1 day ago the "patriot act" was non existent. The TSA didn't molest air passengers. The term "homeland" was just an ominous word. The NSA was under control. Preemptive war was unthinkable and not part of our values. We did not torture. We did not imprison people indefinitely without charges.

Remember what we used to be and what we stood for for 225 years.
By Plow
You must be a liberal if that's all you grieve for.

Run along back upstairs, they have milk and cookies to cheer you up.
By MTgrayling
I am American.

Don't belittle the grief I feel for the loss of our values and don't ever tell me what to do.

People die. That's life. I'm sure those taken 13 years ago are honored by what's been done in their names.
By Plow
Hitting the milk and cookies was just a suggestion.

Government is going take whatever it can get using whatever "reasoning" that works. You know, the old "you never want a serious crisis to go to wast" school of thought. If you're a big government kind of guy then shut up, go for the cookies and milk and always keep a jar of vaseline handy.

If not then, well, the "patriot act" must be just the tip of the iceberg.
By Cary
we sure have become a bag of uncivil, whiny cunts since then. they patriot act and all that its caused is evidence that we lost, they won.
By SLSS
Cary wrote:we sure have become a bag of uncivil, whiny cunts since then. they patriot act and all that its caused is evidence that we lost, they won.
yeah, no shit.
By flybug.pa.
Cary wrote:we sure have become a bag of uncivil, whiny cunts since then. they patriot act and all that its caused is evidence that we lost, they won.
ditto that. pussies.
By MTgrayling
Looking for America. Known for not torturing humans and prosecuting those that do such heinous acts...

Also known for not imprisoning people indefinitely...

Known for not killing the people of earth in "extra judicial" illegal and never ending wars...

The greatest nation on earth went missing 15 years ago.

Dude, have you seen my country?
By root wad
MTgrayling wrote:Looking for America. Known for not torturing humans and prosecuting those that do such heinous acts...

Known for not killing the people of earth in "extra judicial" illegal and never ending wars...

Should you need an activity to soothe your soul the last week in September give me a shout.
By T.J. Brayshaw
MTgrayling wrote:Looking for America. Known for not torturing humans and prosecuting those that do such heinous acts...

"Washington Rules" and "The Limits of Power" by Andrew Bacevich should be required reading for all Americans, in my opinion. Some insight into the origins of our permanent state of war, and why it's such a waste of resources and potential.
By flybug.pa.
I was going to write something I deemed important here about our freedom, Hilary not getting charged, picking the best of 2 evils for prezz., the state of unrest with stupid demonstrations, football jackasses doing their own form of protest, internet , cell phones and other stupid shit that gets spoon fed to us by media. but I wont type, mainly cause I am on a govt computing device. oh walls and Mexicans too.
to make an above quote is all I will do,
" DUDE, HAVE YOU SEEN MY COUNTRY? "
By stripstrike

swish

The sound of a Kobe 3 pointer. I don’t even […]

A Confession

confession: yesterday I was called an inbred by a […]

newish https://youtu.be/DCRxOBi49Lk https://yout[…]

https://youtu.be/Z2a1W-htfoA

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine