13 years and 1 day ago

MTgrayling

13 years and 1 day ago

Post by MTgrayling » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:24 pm

Today I grieve for my country.

13 years and 1 day ago the "patriot act" was non existent. The TSA didn't molest air passengers. The term "homeland" was just an ominous word. The NSA was under control. Preemptive war was unthinkable and not part of our values. We did not torture. We did not imprison people indefinitely without charges.

Remember what we used to be and what we stood for for 225 years.
Respected by virtually everyone

Let there be HIGH water!

Plow

Re: 13 years and 1 day ago

Post by Plow » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:51 pm

You must be a liberal if that's all you grieve for.

Run along back upstairs, they have milk and cookies to cheer you up.
Better Reds than dead...

MTgrayling

Post by MTgrayling » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:04 pm

I am American.

Don't belittle the grief I feel for the loss of our values and don't ever tell me what to do.

People die. That's life. I'm sure those taken 13 years ago are honored by what's been done in their names.

Let there be HIGH water!

Plow

Post by Plow » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:27 pm

Hitting the milk and cookies was just a suggestion.

Government is going take whatever it can get using whatever "reasoning" that works. You know, the old "you never want a serious crisis to go to wast" school of thought. If you're a big government kind of guy then shut up, go for the cookies and milk and always keep a jar of vaseline handy.

If not then, well, the "patriot act" must be just the tip of the iceberg.
Better Reds than dead...

Cary

Post by Cary » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:45 am

we sure have become a bag of uncivil, whiny cunts since then. they patriot act and all that its caused is evidence that we lost, they won.
Utah is great, it's just too bad it's in Utah...
-CE

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:06 am

Cary wrote:we sure have become a bag of uncivil, whiny cunts since then. they patriot act and all that its caused is evidence that we lost, they won.
yeah, no shit.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:40 pm

Cary wrote:we sure have become a bag of uncivil, whiny cunts since then. they patriot act and all that its caused is evidence that we lost, they won.
ditto that. pussies.
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

MTgrayling

dude, have you seen my country?

Post by MTgrayling » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:24 am

Looking for America. Known for not torturing humans and prosecuting those that do such heinous acts...

Also known for not imprisoning people indefinitely...

Known for not killing the people of earth in "extra judicial" illegal and never ending wars...

The greatest nation on earth went missing 15 years ago.

Dude, have you seen my country?

Let there be HIGH water!

root wad

Re: dude, have you seen my country?

Post by root wad » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:33 am

MTgrayling wrote:Looking for America. Known for not torturing humans and prosecuting those that do such heinous acts...

Known for not killing the people of earth in "extra judicial" illegal and never ending wars...

Should you need an activity to soothe your soul the last week in September give me a shout.
"A hatchery is what you get 'when you cross a sacred cow with a military base.'" Dr. Bernard Shanks
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

T.J. Brayshaw

Re: dude, have you seen my country?

Post by T.J. Brayshaw » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:01 am

MTgrayling wrote:Looking for America. Known for not torturing humans and prosecuting those that do such heinous acts...

"Washington Rules" and "The Limits of Power" by Andrew Bacevich should be required reading for all Americans, in my opinion. Some insight into the origins of our permanent state of war, and why it's such a waste of resources and potential.

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:21 pm

I was going to write something I deemed important here about our freedom, Hilary not getting charged, picking the best of 2 evils for prezz., the state of unrest with stupid demonstrations, football jackasses doing their own form of protest, internet , cell phones and other stupid shit that gets spoon fed to us by media. but I wont type, mainly cause I am on a govt computing device. oh walls and Mexicans too.
to make an above quote is all I will do,
" DUDE, HAVE YOU SEEN MY COUNTRY? "
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

stripstrike

Post by stripstrike » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:41 pm

"No, I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world shits on everybody. Pretending it ain't shit makes you an idiot, not an optimist." Justin's dad