Net Neutrality.

BigCliff

Re: Net Neutrality.

Post by BigCliff » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:13 am

Net neutrality explained by a 9yr old-
Pretend ice cream stores gave away free milkshakes. But you had to buy a straw to drink them. But that's okay, because you still get free milkshakes. One day you're drinking a free milkshake and you look down and the guy that sold you the straw is pinching it almost shut. You can still get your milkshake, but it's really hard and takes a lot longer.

So you say, "Hey! Stop that!" And the straw guy says, "NO! Not until the ice cream store pays me money." And you say, "But I already paid you money for the straw." And the straw guy says, "I don't care. I just want more money."
He gets it better than Plow does.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

Plow

Re: Net Neutrality.

Post by Plow » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:50 am

BigCliff wrote:Net neutrality explained by a 9yr old-
Have that 9yr old explain this to you.

Senator Obama: ‘Irresponsible’ For FCC To Vote On Rules Unreleased To The Public
“At a September 2007 public hearing in Chicago, Senator Obama submitted a statement that he ‘strongly requested’ the FCC ‘put out any changes that they intend to vote on in a new notice of proposed rulemaking,’” Chaffetz wrote.

A month after his September 2007 statement, Sen. Obama submitted a letter to then-FCC Chairman Kevin Martin arguing that the “proposed timeline and process” used by the agency to adopt rules are “irresponsible,” noting that while a specific proposal “may pass the muster of a federal court, Congress and the public have the right to review any specific proposal and decide whether or not it constitutes sound policy.”

“And the commission has the responsibility to defend any new proposal in public discourse and debate,” Obama said.
One month later, Obama co-sponsored bipartisan legislation requiring the FCC to open a 90-day window for comment on new rules prior to a commission vote for implementation.
Better Reds than dead...