By Upsetter
Its already happened. And its happening more and more regularly now thanks to a new found sport called SWATting. Safety moms appear to be among the primary participants and unwitting gun owners they spy in their neighborhoods the victims. Thankfully, I have a sheriff deputy for a neighbor whom I know and would ward off any such misuse of emergency services...that and I live in a state/county/town where the sight of an AR doesnt equate to nutjob/terrorist. But yes, I still do worry a bit.
By yard4sale
Wow, had to google SWATing. Nut jobs for sure. So should that be a misdemeanor or a felony?
By cantfishforshit.
Idiots like this will easily forgive themselves as they will think it was an accident.
By Bobwhite
Upsetter wrote:I dont defend it. Those parents fucked up, plain and simple, shouldnt have happened. What I argue against is the ...
... blame.

I'm all about accountability.

But, I believe that sometimes there's a bigger and better reason to let people who have fucked-up just punish themselves, rather than become wards of the state, and further torment and degrade what's let of their family.

I'd like to believe that there's a wise, old judge out there... (remember the one on the "Andy Griffin Show") who'd step up and try to look at the big picture, instead of having a knee-jerk reaction to his personal and political beliefs.
By Da Ax
Bobwhite wrote:
Upsetter wrote:I dont defend it. Those parents fucked up, plain and simple, shouldnt have happened. What I argue against is the ...
... blame.

I'm all about accountability.

But, I believe that sometimes there's a bigger and better reason to let people who have fucked-up just punish themselves, rather than become wards of the state, and further torment and degrade what's let of their family.

I'd like to believe that there's a wise, old judge out there... (remember the one on the "Andy Griffin Show") who'd step up and try to look at the big picture, instead of having a knee-jerk reaction to his personal and political beliefs.
...and not to mention bowing to media hype, social and otherwise.
By Cary
Upsetter wrote:Just out of curiousity Cary...is that how you would feel if your kid broke his neck on a neighbor's trampoline? And it happened while the kids were horsing around unsupervised? Or how about jumping ramps on bikes, skateboards, etc? How about playing down by the creek when its cookin? Or heck, just playing ole unsupervised horsing around out in the street? Any of these activities and a whole lot more could result in a kid getting seriously hurt or killed ACCIDENTALLY.
with rights come responsibility. its irresponsible sit a loaded gun on the coffee table where a kid can find it and shoot one another. we can't expect young children to know the difference, but we can expect adults to be responsible.

I often wonder when I hear these stories, how does a five-year-old rack a round in the chamber? It takes some effort to work the slide, so these guns are laying around the house, chambered and ready to roll, with kids around. fuck these assholes, real tragedy is the innocents, not the 'tards, are getting plugged.

and regarding jail time, I hear you, as I don't want to pay for their upkeep either. perhaps revocation of all rights to own a gun… that would work for me. but then, that would require some form of registration, wouldn't it.
By cantfishforshit.
The prison system is about private business growth not governmental growth.
By fallen513
I don't have a problem leaving guns laying around. They're not loaded. By the time the kids are old enough to rack a round into the chamber, if they are playing with it and it kills someone...I hope it's me.
By CharlieJenkem
Maybe a better corollary is accidental deaths resulting from kids being left in hot cars, which to me seems just as avoidable and just as tragic. Depending on the situation, that can result in zero charges, misdemeanor or otherwise. And you don't see the frenzy for "justice" that's on display here.
By Muddled Duck
yard4sale wrote:Christ on a cracker. Why do gun advocates turn off their common sense when it comes to this shit?

100% easily avoidable. Trigger lock or gun safe. 10x if you have kids in the house.

Why is that so difficult?
Nothing difficult about it at all. That said, how I store my firearms within my own home should be the business of no one but me. Easily preventable accidents occur every minute of every day. Why do people freak out when that accident involves a gun rather than the myriad of other items which cause harm when used incorrectly?

Obviously kids that age shouldn't have access to handguns. They also shouldn't have access to household chemicals, tools and a legion of other things to which they have daily access.
By Cary
Muddled Duck wrote:
Obviously kids that age shouldn't have access to handguns. They also shouldn't have access to household chemicals, tools and a legion of other things to which they have daily access.
yeah, but playing Cowboys & Indians with a can of Drano just looses its appeal.

that's what I thought - banning by IP blocks is go[…]

Western Snowpack 2020

Super mild winter but snowpack is pretty good at e[…]

whatcha tying?

https://i.imgur.com/0XdjgxM.jpg?1 https://i.[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Foamhead Michigan Mayfly (extended body) htt[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine