Misdemeanor?

Upsetter

Re: Misdemeanor?

Post by Upsetter » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:12 pm

Its already happened. And its happening more and more regularly now thanks to a new found sport called SWATting. Safety moms appear to be among the primary participants and unwitting gun owners they spy in their neighborhoods the victims. Thankfully, I have a sheriff deputy for a neighbor whom I know and would ward off any such misuse of emergency services...that and I live in a state/county/town where the sight of an AR doesnt equate to nutjob/terrorist. But yes, I still do worry a bit.

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:29 pm

Wow, had to google SWATing. Nut jobs for sure. So should that be a misdemeanor or a felony?
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:01 pm

:lol:

Touche!

I take no position on the question counselor.

cantfishforshit.

Post by cantfishforshit. » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:24 am

Idiots like this will easily forgive themselves as they will think it was an accident.
“I am a fisherman. The work is simple, as is my life. Still, I take pride in my work because on these waters, I may think, and reason not to."

-Hindu Fisherman

"Do you remember, Odin, when in bygone days we mixed our blood together? You said you would never drink ale unless it were brought to both of us?" -Njal

Bobwhite

Post by Bobwhite » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:34 pm

Upsetter wrote:I dont defend it. Those parents fucked up, plain and simple, shouldnt have happened. What I argue against is the ...
... blame.

I'm all about accountability.

But, I believe that sometimes there's a bigger and better reason to let people who have fucked-up just punish themselves, rather than become wards of the state, and further torment and degrade what's let of their family.

I'd like to believe that there's a wise, old judge out there... (remember the one on the "Andy Griffin Show") who'd step up and try to look at the big picture, instead of having a knee-jerk reaction to his personal and political beliefs.
"Why in the fuck did I miss this place? It's like missing a raging case of the clap."

"Make it matter, fuckos." jhnnythndr

" Herre jävlar vilka fiskar!!" P-A

"I'm no saint though, nor a judge. Rock that shit good and hard, and on your way out, wipe your dick on the curtains." - Kyner

Da Ax

Post by Da Ax » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:40 pm

Bobwhite wrote:
Upsetter wrote:I dont defend it. Those parents fucked up, plain and simple, shouldnt have happened. What I argue against is the ...
... blame.

I'm all about accountability.

But, I believe that sometimes there's a bigger and better reason to let people who have fucked-up just punish themselves, rather than become wards of the state, and further torment and degrade what's let of their family.

I'd like to believe that there's a wise, old judge out there... (remember the one on the "Andy Griffin Show") who'd step up and try to look at the big picture, instead of having a knee-jerk reaction to his personal and political beliefs.
...and not to mention bowing to media hype, social and otherwise.
The difference between decency and indecency is opportunity...

One could search their entire lives for the perfect drift, and it would not be a wasted life.

"If I owned this place and Hell, I'd rent this place out and live in Hell." -Toombs

Cary

Post by Cary » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:56 am

Upsetter wrote:Just out of curiousity Cary...is that how you would feel if your kid broke his neck on a neighbor's trampoline? And it happened while the kids were horsing around unsupervised? Or how about jumping ramps on bikes, skateboards, etc? How about playing down by the creek when its cookin? Or heck, just playing ole unsupervised horsing around out in the street? Any of these activities and a whole lot more could result in a kid getting seriously hurt or killed ACCIDENTALLY.
with rights come responsibility. its irresponsible sit a loaded gun on the coffee table where a kid can find it and shoot one another. we can't expect young children to know the difference, but we can expect adults to be responsible.

I often wonder when I hear these stories, how does a five-year-old rack a round in the chamber? It takes some effort to work the slide, so these guns are laying around the house, chambered and ready to roll, with kids around. fuck these assholes, real tragedy is the innocents, not the 'tards, are getting plugged.

and regarding jail time, I hear you, as I don't want to pay for their upkeep either. perhaps revocation of all rights to own a gun… that would work for me. but then, that would require some form of registration, wouldn't it.
Utah is great, it's just too bad it's in Utah...
-CE

cantfishforshit.

Post by cantfishforshit. » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:10 am

The prison system is about private business growth not governmental growth.
“I am a fisherman. The work is simple, as is my life. Still, I take pride in my work because on these waters, I may think, and reason not to."

-Hindu Fisherman

"Do you remember, Odin, when in bygone days we mixed our blood together? You said you would never drink ale unless it were brought to both of us?" -Njal

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:38 pm

I don't have a problem leaving guns laying around. They're not loaded. By the time the kids are old enough to rack a round into the chamber, if they are playing with it and it kills someone...I hope it's me.
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

CharlieJenkem

Post by CharlieJenkem » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:31 pm

Maybe a better corollary is accidental deaths resulting from kids being left in hot cars, which to me seems just as avoidable and just as tragic. Depending on the situation, that can result in zero charges, misdemeanor or otherwise. And you don't see the frenzy for "justice" that's on display here.
Master of karate and friendship for everyone.

Muddled Duck

Post by Muddled Duck » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:31 pm

yard4sale wrote:Christ on a cracker. Why do gun advocates turn off their common sense when it comes to this shit?

100% easily avoidable. Trigger lock or gun safe. 10x if you have kids in the house.

Why is that so difficult?
Nothing difficult about it at all. That said, how I store my firearms within my own home should be the business of no one but me. Easily preventable accidents occur every minute of every day. Why do people freak out when that accident involves a gun rather than the myriad of other items which cause harm when used incorrectly?

Obviously kids that age shouldn't have access to handguns. They also shouldn't have access to household chemicals, tools and a legion of other things to which they have daily access.
"Don Jacobo Crespin y McGillicuddy awoke at noon, feeling refreshed and languorous at the same time, one of the neatest tricks a man can perform."

“Which way General?” the aide asked. “Either,” Forrest growled. “If one road led to Hell and the other to Mexico, I would be indifferent which to take.”

Cary

Post by Cary » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:42 pm

Muddled Duck wrote:
Obviously kids that age shouldn't have access to handguns. They also shouldn't have access to household chemicals, tools and a legion of other things to which they have daily access.
yeah, but playing Cowboys & Indians with a can of Drano just looses its appeal.
Utah is great, it's just too bad it's in Utah...
-CE