Huckabee: Bullshit Exposer?

BigCliff

Huckabee: Bullshit Exposer?

Post by BigCliff » Mon May 11, 2015 12:51 pm

For a while I've felt that the most repellent thing about modern "conservatism" is the fact that the ideology is largely full of shit. They pander to traditionalists while really only working to help fat cats.

Huckabee may be about to highlight exactly that:
What matters is that he’s motivated enough to pull back the curtain on the party’s double dealing.

For the entirety of Barack Obama’s presidency, Republicans have taken an awkward, cynical, schizophrenic view of entitlements. They have voted with near unanimity for a budget that would radically overhaul Medicare, but have promised (unworkably) to isolate the old and nearly old from any disruptions. They have largely sidelined their preferred Social Security reforms, but salivated over the prospect of voting for a cut to Social Security benefits when they thought Obama might sign it. They have railed against the Affordable Care Act for reducing spending on Medicare while voting for budgets that preserve those very cuts.

The only way to make sense of this mishmash is to remember that the GOP owes its political livelihood to the elderly. To pursue conservative goals, without obliterating their coalition, Republicans must twist themselves into pretzels.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1217 ... -explosive
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

kish

Re: Huckabee: Bullshit Exposer?

Post by kish » Wed May 13, 2015 4:54 pm

Huckabee: Bullshit peddler. The ex-lard-ass has pitched the "Biblical cancer cure" as well as a diabetes reversal scam. Sounds like presidential material to me. Not necessarily disputing what you posted, but calling him a bullshit exposer struck me as pretty funny.

http://reason.com/blog/2015/05/13/well- ... as-a-snake
“We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Wed May 13, 2015 9:02 pm

I think Cliff should've used pink text.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Thu May 14, 2015 10:50 am

kish wrote:Huckabee: Bullshit peddler. The ex-lard-ass has pitched the "Biblical cancer cure" as well as a diabetes reversal scam. Sounds like presidential material to me. Not necessarily disputing what you posted, but calling him a bullshit exposer struck me as pretty funny.

http://reason.com/blog/2015/05/13/well- ... as-a-snake
Yep, he's both.

The "literally a con-artist" article is especially great.

BigCliff

Huckabee's Bullshit Exposed

Post by BigCliff » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:56 pm

Huck's fucked-
John Perry, a prolific author who co-wrote two books with former Arkansas governor and presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and co-wrote one with Alabama Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore, was accused of child molestation in two separate lawsuits, BuzzFeed News has found.

A 2012 police investigation of Perry’s alleged offenses found that “the allegations of sexual battery were sustained” but that the statute of limitations had expired.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski ... .vo1Bx1JN5

Plow

Post by Plow » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:20 pm

So if ole Huck is fucked because a guy he knows angry (ex)wife claims this or that in a divorce case then where does that put Hillary (using the same standard of course)?

Hell, where does it put Obama?
Better Reds than dead...

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:58 am

Plow wrote:So if ole Huck is fucked because a guy he knows angry (ex)wife claims this or that in a divorce case then where does that put Hillary (using the same standard of course)?

Hell, where does it put Obama?
Neither one of them is also currently standing behind the fondling lobbyist.

Plow

Post by Plow » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:04 pm

BigCliff wrote: Neither one of them is also currently standing behind the fondling lobbyist.
Oh, so she and Bill divorced, first I've heard of it.
Better Reds than dead...

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:01 am

Plow wrote:
BigCliff wrote: Neither one of them is also currently standing behind the fondling lobbyist.
Oh, so she and Bill divorced, first I've heard of it.