Seattle's unemployment rate

cantfishforshit.

Seattle's unemployment rate

Post by cantfishforshit. » Wed May 27, 2015 5:07 pm

Seattle's unemployment rate is at 3.3%...over 2% below the national average. Could it be that paying a living wage motivates people to work?
“I am a fisherman. The work is simple, as is my life. Still, I take pride in my work because on these waters, I may think, and reason not to."

-Hindu Fisherman

"Do you remember, Odin, when in bygone days we mixed our blood together? You said you would never drink ale unless it were brought to both of us?" -Njal

SOBF

Re: Seattle's unemployment rate

Post by SOBF » Wed May 27, 2015 5:30 pm

Not giving people free shit also motivates people to work. Pretty sure if we stopped sending checks they would find a way.

cantfishforshit.

Post by cantfishforshit. » Wed May 27, 2015 5:50 pm

Some truth to that. I think that we need to find reasonable programs and reasonable wages.
“I am a fisherman. The work is simple, as is my life. Still, I take pride in my work because on these waters, I may think, and reason not to."

-Hindu Fisherman

"Do you remember, Odin, when in bygone days we mixed our blood together? You said you would never drink ale unless it were brought to both of us?" -Njal

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Wed May 27, 2015 6:26 pm

I hear there is a shortage of guides on the OP right now, you should get out there.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Wed May 27, 2015 8:16 pm

Cantfish would forget to put the drain plugs in the boat on the first trip.
He would blame capitalist pigs when his boat sank.
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

cantfishforshit.

Post by cantfishforshit. » Wed May 27, 2015 8:51 pm

Nah...I don't have an issue with capitalism. I do think we should do things a bit differently. As far as the boat, coming from a chemistry background, I remember a lot more detail than most.

-Hindu Fisherman

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Wed May 27, 2015 9:29 pm

Attention to detail is everything in guiding. Good response D Wayne.

They have #20 pound sea run fucking Rainbows in the OP.
I have had the misfortune of seeing them.
Travis.

cantfishforshit.

Post by cantfishforshit. » Wed May 27, 2015 9:45 pm

Sounds nice...excuse my ignorance, but what is the OP?

-Hindu Fisherman

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Wed May 27, 2015 10:22 pm

The OP Cantfish is the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State proper. One of the few places left in this country where idiots fish for wild Steelhead. If you totally understood it, it would literally blow your mind apart, like shrapnel and shit.

I do not judge you on any level, honestly I spend more time with fish, birds and flora and fauna any more than I do with humans. There is an entire insect universe that we cannot even come close to comprehending that is pulsating multiple times every millisecond we waste worrying about Red states or Blue States. Spoiler Alert: In the end, the insects eat your rotting corpse, and I am strangely comfortable with that.
Travis.

Plow

Post by Plow » Wed May 27, 2015 11:32 pm

I'd love to see the numbers on how raising the minimum wage in Seattle lowered the unemployment rate and how that would do the same for the rest of the country. Lots of high paying jobs there and paying a buck or two more for a latte don't mean shit.

Ditto for the numbers on for how un-responsible student loan borrows are now the problem of thinking folks.
Better Reds than dead...

cantfishforshit.

Post by cantfishforshit. » Thu May 28, 2015 6:21 am

Blummers, thanks for the info. I've seen the area in pics and video...amazing area. Plow, you may have an argument for raising the MW in all metro areas.

-Hindu Fisherman

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Thu May 28, 2015 10:15 am

i am moving there to work 2 jobs, one of them being a pizza delivery guy. the pizza gig will finance the spray gear . maybe someone will write an article.
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa