I heard that some people got shot

yard4sale

Re: I heard that some people got shot

Post by yard4sale » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:45 am

fallen513 wrote:So what's the solution?
Clearly there isn't one so we shouldn't even try.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

canook

Post by canook » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:05 am

You already have given up trying - right after, as a country, you decided that 20 dead babies in Sandy Hook was acceptable.

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:31 am

I shot a drone once.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

Cary

Post by Cary » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:30 am

fallen513 wrote:So what's the solution?
haven't you been paying attention?

1) ban video games
2) curb the lame stream media
3) no black presidents

anything but background checks and waiting periods.
Utah is great, it's just too bad it's in Utah...
-CE

canook

Post by canook » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:49 pm

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:49 pm

There are hundreds of millions of guns in circulation already.

It's a serious question, what's the solution? Background checks? Get the fuck out of here. Maybe the mass murderers are mentally unstable...but maybe they never went to the shrink? No medical history, check passed.

Melting down every gun in the country would work, but I think we all know that isn't going to happen.

How do you explain the rampant gun violence in cities with the strictest gun laws? Is it the neighbor states that have next to no laws? I can see that side too.

My solution is to stop reporting it. That's how all your other countries have "eliminated" it. They don't tell the whole world every time it happens. :)
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

Jon

Post by Jon » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:55 pm

Maybe we could take a lesson from the abject failure called the War on Drugs. A drug is just a chemical compound, and a gun is just a lump of metal. It's futile to think we can alter human behavior by outlawing something inanimate.

The current background check system can be improved by making sure state and local police and courts keep the FBI up to date - they're often many months behind in reporting potentially dangerous individuals. Plus, mental health professionals will have to be more willing to set aside concerns about patient confidentiality (good luck there - if you think the NRA is obstinate, try making the AMA change their ways) And of course a more comprehensive background check system has to be paid for, and there's no way the teapublicans will allow any sort of tax/fee on gun sales to cover the cost.
"unsalvageably incoherent"

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:39 pm

how bout if you want it, you pay for it. a tax on liberals - register as a dem and pay a HUGE tax - vote for bernie sanders and take out a second mortgage with govco as the payor. put YOUR money rather than everyone elses where your mouth is.

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:26 pm

Christ man...you're gonna pop.

As I predicted Bernie was a far better defender of you ammosexuals than Hillary and everyone else up there except the R Jim Webb.

And guess what? Mayhaps when I was a tax payer in VT I didn't give 2 shits sideways to pay for Montana farmers subsidies, or your national parks, or your stretch of highway, or whatever the fuck...

lol, we all pay for shit we want, AND shit we don't want. But depending on ones stage of maturity, rumor on the street is it's part of something called a civil society...I can't believe I'm using a line I've used on Plow on you....where is this utopian society of yours in world history? When did it happen?

I'm not condoning the size of govt one bit, but resources in existence now can surely be reallocated, and in some cases, cut. But geez man, I guess I'm not down with living in fear, in a lollipop land of guns blazing and venture capitalists running things...best of luck.
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:33 pm

Upsetter wrote:how bout if you want it, you pay for it. a tax on liberals - register as a dem and pay a HUGE tax - vote for bernie sanders and take out a second mortgage with govco as the payor. put YOUR money rather than everyone elses where your mouth is.
If you guys cover the Iran war you love to talk about thats a deal. A few trillion ought to do miracles for mental health issues.

I agree that legislature is not the answer to the issue. It would be nice if we could minimize the "gun culture" that makes people want to collect hand guns and semi-autos. I'm sure there is some of that worldwide but we seem to be the only country who promotes it.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:52 pm

VTNZ wrote:Christ man...you're gonna pop.

As I predicted Bernie was a far better defender of you ammosexuals than Hillary and everyone else up there except the R Jim Webb.

And guess what? Mayhaps when I was a tax payer in VT I didn't give 2 shits sideways to pay for Montana farmers subsidies, or your national parks, or your stretch of highway, or whatever the fuck...

lol, we all pay for shit we want, AND shit we don't want. But depending on ones stage of maturity, rumor on the street is it's part of something called a civil society...I can't believe I'm using a line I've used on Plow on you....where is this utopian society of yours in world history? When did it happen?

I'm not condoning the size of govt one bit, but resources in existence now can surely be reallocated, and in some cases, cut. But geez man, I guess I'm not down with living in fear, in a lollipop land of guns blazing and venture capitalists running things...best of luck.
Lol...i was just kidding....but not really. The one thing I will pay for is collateral damage due to fluctuations in weather and commodity prices to keep those who produce our food afloat. Its a very hard and kinda thankless job. And as I sit and watch subdivisions gobble up farmland, those families who remain on the working landscape become even more important.

Feckless govt programs and agencies designed to control every facet of our existence...shit, we need more of that like we need a collective hole in the head.

I support national parks and nice highways in VT too bud, as well as VT's sensible views on personal autonomy in general. Just like here though, hard working country folk hold their breath every november and hope like heck the weirdos in burlington and missoula havent multiplied enough to take over the state hall and undo all that is good about our respective states.

Cary

Post by Cary » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:43 pm

sure, its a hippy blog, but this still happened.

The NRA can suck me, after three days in waders and two shits in an outhouse.....

http://www.occupydemocrats.com/4-dead-a ... -shooting/
Utah is great, it's just too bad it's in Utah...
-CE