I heard that some people got shot

canook

Re: I heard that some people got shot

Post by canook » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:09 am

Adams wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:13 pm
So your solution is…?
Figure it out.
You're the ONLY (supposedly) civilized nation where this regularly happens, but you can't suss out the how or why?
Wouldn't happen to have something to do with the 2nd amendment, would it? You know, that document drafted more than a century before semi or full auto weapons, high-capacity mags, bump stocks, armour-piercing rounds etc, etc were ever imagined? The document drafted - at the same convention by the same delegates - that decided that slaves were 3/5 human.
Yeah, those guys had their shit together enough to produce timeless, sacrosanct roadmaps for a civilized society.

Wingnut

Post by Wingnut » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:45 am

Where can I buy some wanderlust?

Wingnut

Post by Wingnut » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:48 am

How we are seen around the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-o9pwWUzz0
Where can I buy some wanderlust?

Cary

Post by Cary » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:43 am

Adams wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:49 pm
The piece of trash couldn't legally own the gun he used. He couldn't legally purchase it either. The Airforce effed up and didn't transmit his convictions into the NICS. What additional laws would have prevented this?
I find it somewhat amusing that these morons find standing by calling mass murders a “Piece of Trash”, a “sick, evil person”, a “mental case”, etc. while the bodies are still warm and some future mass-murder is perusing his next high-capacity firearm purchase. Then, they jump into the prove-a-negative imbecility of “what law would have prevented this”?

How about less fucking lethality available to the common citizenry, you thoughtless dilberry. :cheer
Utah is great, it's just too bad it's in Utah...
-CE

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:14 pm

perhaps when everyone in 'merica is affected personally by gun violence something will be done.

...then again, perhaps not. Sandy Hook should've been a wake up call.....Columbine should've been a wake up call......Austin should've been a wake up call.
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

Adams

Post by Adams » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:05 pm

Cary wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:43 am
I find it somewhat amusing that these morons find standing by calling mass murders a “Piece of Trash”, a “sick, evil person”, a “mental case”, etc. while the bodies are still warm and some future mass-murder is perusing his next high-capacity firearm purchase. Then, they jump into the prove-a-negative imbecility of “what law would have prevented this”?

How about less fucking lethality available to the common citizenry, you thoughtless dilberry. :cheer
And how are you going to effectively implement this "less fucking lethality", given the guns and mags in circulation? I'll wait to hear your answer before I call you a thoughtless dilberry...
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:03 pm

I know right? With all these folks with cancer already on the streets, why waste time looking for a cure?

And those folks that died long painful deaths from living/working around asbestos....what a total waste of time to clean that shit up over the decades and change construction techniques. Total waste of time! SAD!

And whats with the not just murican, but this "global" effort to stop the spread of HIV? So much effort when there was already so much of it on the streets in the late 80's. Big GOVT and bad UN! SAD! MAGA!!!

And don't get me started with full across the chest seat belts in the back seat....oh the good old days of driving my Pinto with friends comfortably secured with their waist only's....

Seriously though, you can't be calling yourself "American Exceptionalism" or other morale building banter when the citizenry chooses to ignore societal problems cuz they're too big? In way it's psychological/apathetic welfare (i.e. "whew. too hard, don't want try and think about fixing issue A")...

.....so....which is it? Taking the Too big/difficult to try, or hey, let's try and fix an exceptionally difficult social issue, being the self described exceptional country? "Try" would be a monumental start....no law ever written has been written/established perfectly from the start. But starting and trying would show some degree of humanity/empathy in said society. Plus hey, this level of paranoia can't be good...it could make ya go mental and...oh never mind...
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

Adams

Post by Adams » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:01 pm

VTNZ wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:03 pm
I know right? With all these folks with cancer already on the streets, why waste time looking for a cure?
Haven't I been asking what the cure is when I've posted on this thread? You, Cary, and Canook default to attacking the person asking questions on what is to be done. (A commie like you should get the Lenin reference). Please, find one reference where I've ever claimed American exceptionalism or showed any support for Trump or his MAGA theme. On any post. Ever.
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:40 pm

if I was a sepps I'd live in despair. all the fucking time.

and then I'd move.

vtnz has had one good idea, hey.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:02 pm

austrotard wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:40 pm
if I was a sepps I'd live in despair. all the fucking time.

and then I'd move.
You don't really mean that.

If we all left you'd have nowhere to holiday.

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:22 pm

I could always to go to canada.

who the fuck am I kidding.
you're right.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:07 pm

Adams wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:01 pm
VTNZ wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:03 pm
Haven't I been asking what the cure is when I've posted on this thread? You, Cary, and Canook default to attacking the person asking questions on what is to be done. (A commie like you should get the Lenin reference). Please, find one reference where I've ever claimed American exceptionalism or showed any support for Trump or his MAGA theme. On any post. Ever.

Don't confuse an attack on a political parties/supporters position on the subject at hand with an attack on the messenger.....which is you. I didn't say "you" were anything. But your narrative and perspective here is one of handful of chestnuts used selectively with the party in power and most of it's supporters with every shooting, as in:

1. Well, whats the solution? (this is the part of the gameshow when someone bites, and says "make such and such guns illegal", and then the gun folks recite us with their "persepctive"of the 2nd amendment)

2. Whoa, if it wasn't for that dude who shot at him he coulda killed more folks. What a hero that guys with the gun is! (Currently being used for this event)

3. It a mental health issue. This one is like so 2012-2015, but again currently being used as deflection.

4. NRA's fave....using 180 degrees absurdity and cold callousness and says we should have more guns in such and such venue that was shot up.....classrooms, theatres, churches. This one is also being used for the current event by that particularly delusional individual such as the AG of Texas,etc.

I think we'll find that all budgeting for things like the Air Forces admin work and other govt agencies to do their gun admin is so starved by the NRA's puppets in congress, that no one could accomplish whats needed with what they had. :coffee
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT