By Redchaser
Randall Dee wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:57 am According to the group Every Town for Gun Safety, this was the 18th school shooting for this new year. Statistically, that's one school shooting every 60 hours. That's pretty uniquely American.
Interesting read on that "statistic" https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/no ... 405129a1d4
By fly-chucker
Redchaser wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:43 pm
Randall Dee wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:57 am According to the group Every Town for Gun Safety, this was the 18th school shooting for this new year. Statistically, that's one school shooting every 60 hours. That's pretty uniquely American.
Interesting read on that "statistic" https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/no ... 405129a1d4
Well then, I guess everything's ok then....

carry on
By Redchaser
fly-chucker wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:03 pm
Redchaser wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:43 pm
Well then, I guess everything's ok then....

carry on
No not at all, but a very salient point made by the article is that misrepresenting data hurts the discourse as a whole.
By yard4sale
Jon wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:12 am
yard4sale wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:37 pm
...Its just embarrassing that 'Merica(Fuck Yeah!) is the ONLY country that has this shit happen...
Not exactly the only country where this shit happens, but we do seem to be the only one where the political leadership doesn't give a damn.
Pretty fucking close.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... story.html
By canook
Certainly the ONLY country where this happens regularly (American exceptionalism?).

Also, the ONLY country where your right to own assault rifles w/ high-capacity magazines outweighs your child's expectation they'll survive another day at school.

I'm assuming, of course, your children still have the expectation they'll survive the day at school.
By austrotard
leave it alone.
don't worry about it.
it's none of your business.
it's not your problem.

and even if it happened every fucking day the above does not change.

standby the bystander, mate.
or 'fuck those guys'.

both outcomes are the same.
By yard4sale
No worries! Trump has been on this bump stock thing since day 1. Well, day 150 but who counting.

Wonder if he will reinstate the mental health check he undid in his first month in office. You know, the one and only action he has taken on gun violence since coming to office.
By yard4sale
So, should we have SWAT teams teach schools or teachers learn to be SWAT ready?
By Kfoxwyo
I am out of our "country" currently only turn one the web to find the sadness and if true cannot believe that the leader of the free world cannot remember five "questions" one of which was to remind him to be human? Someone please tell me that the note sheet is his hand is made up?

At times it is embarrassing to be an American. Then sad and dis-hearting.
By austrotard
what do you mean the dog ate your homework?

[/click]

I give it a fortnight before teach whacks the class.
but I can also see this is your only probable recourse. the only one.
you cannae no longer revive. you must end its life. one course of action.
everything must die to be reborn anew.

nothing changes! nothing!
By BigTimber
austrotard wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:42 pm what do you mean the dog ate your homework?

[/click]

I give it a fortnight before teach whacks the class.
but I can also see this is your only probable recourse. the only one.
you cannae no longer revive. you must end its life. one course of action.
everything must die to be reborn anew.

nothing changes! nothing!
you're right 'tard. nothing will change because we have lost the ability to compromise. What should be common sense gets twisted into "not 'merican" and "it's my right". The middle gets lost in the far right's and far left's temper tantrum's and the media eats it up because it sells advertising space/time.

I'm as conservative as they come and have many guns. Why is it so hard to have some common sense and agree that we need enhanced background checks on the sale of firearms, bans on military-style assault weapons and bump stocks, limitations on the size of ammo magazines and federally funded research on the causes and consequences of gun violence? What rights are you losing by doing that? And don't give me that bullshit "it opens the door to other weapons ban" argument. Just stop already. Nobody's going to come in the middle of the night to take away your guns. If you are that paranoid, you probably shouldn't have guns in the first place.
Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Silver Invicta Muddled Crippler https://liv[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

/I4vJM4L2D2U never minds ill figure out the avat[…]

Rust Belt 2019

This. Oh Lord, put me in this picture one day[…]

come hell or high water tr

got the lumpy out and early the next morn IMG_5304[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine