I heard that some people got shot

SLSS

Re: I heard that some people got shot

Post by SLSS » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:34 am

BigTimber wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:17 am
Why is it so hard to have some common sense and agree that we need enhanced background checks on the sale of firearms, bans on military-style assault weapons and bump stocks, limitations on the size of ammo magazines and federally funded research on the causes and consequences of gun violence? What rights are you losing by doing that? And don't give me that bullshit "it opens the door to other weapons ban" argument. Just stop already. Nobody's going to come in the middle of the night to take away your guns. If you are that paranoid, you probably shouldn't have guns in the first place.
Exactly.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

Kfoxwyo

Post by Kfoxwyo » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:23 am

As a gun owner in California quite possibly the most restrictive state in the Union-unless you are criminal it is harder to get a drivers license in my opinion. Not to mention the DVM is a cess pool of evil. Personally I think it is to easy, the back ground check should be more invasive, if you want an AR or similar platform firearm you should have to make an appointment and go meet your local sheriff for an interview.

I purchased mine for a few reason, one they will be illegal, they are fun to shoot and I like German perfection. Passed background, practical, and written exams. However now I either need to modify the weapon which was legal to confirm to an upcoming law or reregister it with the State of California for of course a (fee) and be registered as an Assault Weapons Owner. Does this bother me, sort of. What bothers me more is that I could not buy a gun in Montana, unless I owned property in Montana because of California's gun laws. Seems like my home state has a long reach and that does bother me-

I agree, there is no more middle, either I am right and you are wrong or vice versa. I do not have kids and likely never will but Home school seems like a real option at least for my consideration. Between, opioids, drugs in general, teachers hands being tied, absence of relative discipline, bland, boiled passable standards. As an individual not a concern obviously, but as a citizen the future looks pretty bleak. And sad at best.
Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need-a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889

Jon

Post by Jon » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:59 am

I'm not comfortable with demonizing AR-type rifles - it's kind of like blaming whiskey for drunk driving. Alcohol is just a chemical compound. It only causes problems when humans drink too much of it and act like assholes.

Still, go ahead and ban large capacity magazines and the rifles that use them. It'll be every bit as effective as Prohibition was. If the anti-AR movement manages to displace enough Republicans in Congress to stop the rest of the Trump agenda it'll be a fair bargain.
"unsalvageably incoherent"

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:39 pm

Can't fix it.
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:32 pm

man's not hot.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

canook

Post by canook » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:59 am

fallen513 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:39 pm
Can't fix it.
...says a citizen of the only country where this happens regularly.

Every other western country has people with mental-health issues, we're all exposed to the same TV, movies, video games, social media etc, and yet this is a problem only in your country. At what point do you honestly look at the root cause of this problem - and address it?

And BTW - turning your schools (and nightclubs, and theatres, and outdoor concerts, and churches and, and, and) into armed encampments is hardly a solution.

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:28 pm

canook wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:59 am
At what point do you honestly look at the root cause of this problem - and address it?
Stupid shithead people are the cause of the problem. Really want to solve it, the next one to pull shit like this we draw and quarter and publicly on TV. That ought to take the cool factor out of the whole business. Oh wait. We have one about to cost a ton of money sitting in jail right now. Save money and have our worthless legal system do something to actually deter crime for a change.

Let me assume what your response is going to be and say inanimate objects don’t cause fuck all you stupid fucking commie

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:39 pm

Twisted logic on line 3.....

But I'll have to remember it next time I try to win Nascar on foot....

Or if I try; "oh wait officer.....I didn't hit that pedestrian.....the alcohol did. "

But the best part of Mr. heartless and soulless' latest NRA press release is the part where he talked about killing bad guys on TV in that progressive 1600's a-thinkin', and blaming legal systems....you know just like commie and dictatorial countries....and then called you a commie!
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:24 pm

There such a thing in American jurisprudence that when you strip people of constitutional rights it must be a last resort. Not with you assholes though. You want to blame inanimate objects for mass murder in order to justify stripping people constitutional rights. it’s a first fucking resort for you fucking commies.

If we’re going to strip people of constitutional rights we should strip the motherfuckers who actually kill people of their constitutional rights as opposed to millions of people who have fuck all to do with it.

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:42 pm

Ah yes, the trumpian: If I'm miserable at life, I want the rest of youze miserable too.

"Last Resort"....hmmm...

"days of drawn and quartered" = to kids having AR-15's....modified no less....

Lol....and you think the founding fathers had this one covered...

Now go close those curtains you paranoid little man and wack off to a military parade...
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:53 pm

root got a puppy.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

canook

Post by canook » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:43 am

Upsetter wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:28 pm

Stupid shithead people are the cause of the problem. Really want to solve it, the next one to pull shit like this we draw and quarter and publicly on TV. That ought to take the cool factor out of the whole business. Oh wait. We have one about to cost a ton of money sitting in jail right now. Save money and have our worthless legal system do something to actually deter crime for a change.

Let me assume what your response is going to be and say inanimate objects don’t cause fuck all you stupid fucking commie
Stupid shithead people with EASY ACCESS TO INANIMATE OBJECTS is the problem, you stupid fucking libertarian.