wtf are you lot going to do...

brent_e

Re: wtf are you lot going to do...

Post by brent_e » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:24 am

Upsetter wrote:
Bruiser wrote:
Make America Great Again. Gigantic Fucking Blank Stare Dude. You must have an amazing story of perseverance and up by the bootstraps experience to be able to judge others so well. Congratulations, but I think the Golden Rule is better in a crowd.
Lived in the jaws of poverty for a decade. Rode a 1987 giant mountain bike everywhere. Ate lots of food bank, which I donate to every year. Worked my ass of, took on lots of debt, got a great job, saved money, paid off debt, met a woman whose done the same and more, set to live the good life and make sure my family, the people I care about are looked after. Family is what I care about and where my resources go. Otherwise, i only have an interest in sending resources to those TRULY in need.
Hey Upsetter,
You have likely worked hard for what you've got but that doesn't mean that everyone has the means to do the same. The "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" thing that the states is so well known for is only possible in certain areas. Some, like Columbus, Ohio, have the worst social mobility numbers anywhere. What that means is that those born to poor parents remain poor.

"If Americans want to live the American dream, they should go to Denmark." (from the wiki link below)

“It’s all right to tell a man to lift himself by his own bootstraps, but it is cruel jest to say to a bootless man that he ought to lift himself by his own bootstraps.” (from here: http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/308640- ... ft-himself)

There are a lot of bootless people in the states. A lot of them are black.

I don't think anyone will ever change your mind about this stuff. But there is some interesting info here for a start: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socio-eco ... ted_States
You don't sweat much for a fat chick - pibber

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:11 pm

You are spot on Brent, but the problem lies deeper in his psyche....he, along with Mongo Mussolini, various plumbers,etc. is none have them know of the concept of "Empathy".

It does not exist as it contradicts their old bootstrappy narrative.
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

RFA

Post by RFA » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:56 pm

Plow wrote:
Upsetter wrote:
RFA wrote:The thought never occurred to me! Learning and working to make money, not to mention fulfilling obligations as they arise, if only I had this information 2, 3 decades ago!
I know right?!? And if I can do it, so can anyone, right? Cause who woulda thunk it? Right?!?

Thanks for making my point. :cool
Sounds like a lot of work, does it work for snowflakes?
The sarcasm was missed on you, and it wasn't subtle.

I got laid off, and was unemployed for 5 days total(a Tuesday PM to a Monday AM), taking a job as a ranch hand shoveling shit and wrangling cattle(for 15 months) after being a regional manager for a Fortune 100 company. I'm not bragging, as it was an incredible learning experience. Your view of the other side is just fucked up...broken, I'm not the exception, I'm just another dude doing what it takes for my family to be comfortable, political affiliation doesn't mean shit. The "basket of deplorables" line is exactly what right wing radio has pushed for the last 8 years, it was just spinning laziness rather than ignorance.
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

Plow

Post by Plow » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:13 pm

Didn’t miss your sarcasm, apparently you missed mine.

Thanks for your story; I was deeply moved.
Better Reds than dead...