wtf are you lot going to do...

FormerlyChaseChrome

Re: wtf are you lot going to do...

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:20 pm

duh...

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:20 pm

Woolybug25 wrote:This is exactly why I rarely can get behind Republicans despite agreeing with them on most issues.
You agree with their platform, or their behavior? They've behaved exactly the same way since I can remember.
Woolybug25 wrote: Because when it comes down to the environment, they shit all over it every. single. time.
The environment? Why stop there? Women, minorities of any and every sort, children, anyone not wealthy, the economy. Yes, every single time.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:07 pm

SLSS wrote:
Woolybug25 wrote:This is exactly why I rarely can get behind Republicans despite agreeing with them on most issues.
You agree with their platform, or their behavior? They've behaved exactly the same way since I can remember.
Woolybug25 wrote: Because when it comes down to the environment, they shit all over it every. single. time.
The environment? Why stop there? Women, minorities of any and every sort, children, anyone not wealthy, the economy. Yes, every single time.
Definitely not their behavior, but I'm a capitalist that believes that our personal liberties (free speech, 2nd amend, etc) are best handled by the individual. Not the state (ie If the trout are lost, smash the state). I'm a small government advocate, but that is kinda where it ends.

I know one thing, can't think of too many positive steps taken by Republicans for the environment since Teddy Roosevelt.
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:15 pm

VTNZ wrote:I forgot one other chestnut of his stupidity:

Yes, Peso is down. Pound is down. Euro is down. Kiwi is even down a tad. That means the Greenback is on the up and up...

So while making Russia Great Again, he actually is making US jobs in manufacturing go by-by real quick with a strong US dollar. Nobody buys US made stuff for export if the US $ is high.

Meanwhile, Mexico and nearly every other country will have an export advantage over the US by having weaker currencies that make exports a bargain....so again, the winners are China and every other exporter in the world....and not Merican jobs/manufacturing/exports. But hey, the strong greenback will make it real easy to buy cheap shit like Chump Ties made in China! Wall-mart wins....again.
dude, do you ever find any broken glass inside your house?
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:43 am

SLSS wrote:
You can't remember how different George HW Bush was from Trump? Reagan too for that matter.

Buy better hooks and bourbon.

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:19 am

BigCliff wrote:
You can't remember how different George HW Bush was from Trump? Reagan too for that matter.

Do I equate the president elect and his reality television based pandering to the Bushes and Reagan? No, he's his own unique brand, and I think his success is a reflection of the information shoveled by the "news" network and sites that grew up out of the Reagan/Bush era political operatives reaction to Clinton and Obama.

I do think the financial mess we have been struggling through is largely a result of the Republican effort to defund government and then complain about it's incompetency, largely the result of aiming to shift the tax burden off the wealthiest and open up access to tax revenues to private industry. Education, healthcare, military- three huge pillars of a sound country, the direction of a good share of the tax revenue stream. Is our country better off for privatization of these services? But look at the incoming cabinet- to me it looks like a downhill run the last 30 years for the Republican party.

Hell it was Richard Nixon that set up the EPA. At one point the party at least recognized some concern other than someone profiting.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

FormerlyChaseChrome

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:20 pm

The monumental irony lost on most...if you do the calculus...is that Capitalism sows the seeds of it's own destruction (Marx)

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:30 pm

it is.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:40 pm

austrotard wrote:it is.
agreed

trouthound

Post by trouthound » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:22 am

https://youtu.be/bZP6BV15fc0[/youtube]

And be it class or trade or an election..what fills the void?
The lord chooses the good ones...the bad ones choose the lord

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:52 pm

"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:27 pm

We've pulled some stupid shit in the past but today I am embarrassed to be an American. It's gonna be a rough few years.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW