wtf are you lot going to do...

D-nymph

Re: wtf are you lot going to do...

Post by D-nymph » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:51 am

"The devil's pourin drinks and his daughter needs a ride" - III

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:27 pm

But didn't you think that was a great speech?

:bomb
That sounds awesome in my ears!! (P-A)

we were basking in goodness here with our everyday drivel that we enjoy.... the rest of this is horseshit, flybug.pa.

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:49 pm

The EPA's current budget is just .22% of the total Federal budget.

Cuntstone Pipeline? Yea, no 'Merican steel used in that shitline thru the breadbasket.

I have to remind myself everyday that this is only the beginning of President Bannon's reign and will only get much much worse.
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:26 am

who should be responsible for cleaning the great lakes?

now who is responsible for polluting them?

okay... now tell me again who should pay.

I live my life through links.
assholes.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

ChaseChrome

Post by ChaseChrome » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:10 am

It's what happens when you spend your life on the Rustbelt Shortbus...
Make the trade for beads and corn lickher...

And now you have a tantrum because he's fucked you right out of the gate...how's your cake hmmmm?

Kfoxwyo

Post by Kfoxwyo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:42 pm

I have asked myself if I can contribute to this tread or even if I should attempt to- generally speaking I stay away from having to many opinions. I'd prefer that my tax dollars be spent better, I'd prefer fewer dollars being allocated to taxes but as the saying goes cant complain about making money..as a single, male, no kids and no mortgage it is hard to find someone who pays a higher percent than I do- but that is not really the point.

I live in that fucked state that is California and find myself making a living in the glorified agricultural business of wine grapes. That of course exposes me to other areas of more "real" farming and that is how I grew up on the family farm. If I am honest I know and while not directly supporting the efforts of illegal labor my industry does. Hard working folks who made a choice regardless of how "you" feel made a choice to come here and try to better themselves and their family wether here or across some boarder. I would like to make two points in this post- The first I would never plant a vineyard today unless 95%+ of the work could be done via machine including the harvest. Why, Do I think I would have a better end product, likely not - to save money not really one of those fancy rigs goes for about a million dollars. So why, labor - we are either going to scare people into leaving, push them so far into the shadows, round them up and ship them out until labor is scare at best. I know some segment of the population will say that exactly the fucking point! But heres the catch Napa Cabernet goes for about $7500.00 a ton (now) up 28% over last year, or about $3.75 a pound.
to those who cheer this departure of labor- what ware "we all" going to do when lettuce, strawberries, celery, onions etc get so fucking expensive you cant afford to eat? Do you think the under employed or un-employed are going to fill those roles for eight dollars an hour? We are to entitled, hence a workforce will disappear and while not an economist do you think that Chile is then going to lower there prices on Blueberries entering the US knowing full well we are no longer to produce our own, fuck no that what happens when you are lazy shit gets expensive. Or Mexico proper will be generous with there prices on artichokes?, fuck no they have a wall to pay for- So then the guy who scotch tapes his tie in place instead of learning how to buy a right sized tie (likely made in China) and then tie it correctly steps in with tariffs to control trade? That only works when you have choice. Point two, it is commonly know that an illegal immigrant works off a corrupt Social Security number and many many people use that same number - so instead of uncle sam getting revenue from one person they are gaining from many more than a person on that one SSN, and do you think in this day and age that the government does not know this? There are fucking happy to take the $$$ all day long- it is disgusting and perverse. If we push a million people or more out you better get really good at growing and making your own food, cleaning your own hotel room, learning to be a self serve short order cook, cleaning that bathroom, mowing your own lawn etc. And while SOBF might be mad and he has every right to be, we all should not push politics to far to the extreme in either direction and I fear that our new fearless leader is utilizing just that fear to advance his own objective of filling the swamp with his good old buddies..its fucking scary, I for one am happy I know how to shoot, butcher an animal, store and cook game am comfortable sleeping in a tent, know first aid and have the ability to make sound decisions. And yeah his phone might have been tapped, because his staff was secretly talking with the single foremost enemy of the United States. Go figure-
Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need-a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:50 pm

Kfoxwyo wrote:Do you think the under employed or un-employed are going to fill those roles for eight dollars an hour?
Kick em off welfare and see how their attitude changes. No more 99 weeks of unemployment...no more unlimited freebies for able bodied shitheads who think they are above the manual labor theyve done little or nothing to lift themselves above. When the freebies have run out they will see no other choice but to take whatever work they are qualified for. Labor problem solved. If they turn to crime cause that is their way, bring the chain gangs back...labor problem solved.

One way or the other. Get with the program. Something for nothing aint the way the world works.

Kfoxwyo

Post by Kfoxwyo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:09 pm

While I do actually agree with your sentiment upsetter, you must realize that the image you posted is of black men in chains doing manual labor and the white man "supervising' via horse and with arms. And while this is the political forum the image is getting very close to cutting to the quick of the nail so to speak..to imply that social subsides are fully taken by what is now and will not be for long the minority might not be the most accurate stance to take. I may have mis-interpreted the connection between opinion/belief and imagery if so my faux pas. Kfox
Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need-a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:51 pm

Upsetter wrote:
Kfoxwyo wrote:Do you think the under employed or un-employed are going to fill those roles for eight dollars an hour?
Kick em off welfare and see how their attitude changes. No more 99 weeks of unemployment...no more unlimited freebies for able bodied shitheads who think they are above the manual labor theyve done little or nothing to lift themselves above. When the freebies have run out they will see no other choice but to take whatever work they are qualified for. Labor problem solved. If they turn to crime cause that is their way, bring the chain gangs back...labor problem solved.

One way or the other. Get with the program. Something for nothing aint the way the world works.

Saved to show how much of a blatant asshole Upsetter has become.

KYFJHGFO....ask Upsetter how he paid for his college edumacation, or if he ever got a "gift" from his Vulture Capitalist Daddy....

Upsetter's xenophobia aside, you brought up some very good and valid points....and you'll only get that same regurgitated answer from the likes of Upsetters as they know nothing else. No discussion of the salient economic and labor facts and the societal impacts...just well.....his choice of photo shows you all you need to know about him.
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:24 am

I'm glad you pointed that out VTNZ. I didn't even notice what color any of them fellas was. I was quite impressed with the size of the rocks they were breaking though......that's what really stood out to me in the photo. That and the horses. The horses pretty well date the photo far back enough to be of times this country would like to forget. Times when some folks thought skin pigmentation was a measure of ones intellect , character,and value to society. Those were times when my people were endentured in their own right. Working for the landowners that had little risk but got the lions share of the reward. I am glad those times are gone.

I really hope that no one harbors the hate of other races that you insinuate. I know there are those that do even though I have a very hard time understanding it.

I understand completely what kfox is saying and for the most part agree. I really believe that while "bad actors " may need to be removed that the real solution lies in streamlining the immigration process and making it more practical for folks to. Become citizens that contribute to our nation. I do hope that they would come and commit to assimilate and prosper in our system instead of working in the shadows and keeping to themselves.
Either way there is going to be some expense and all of us are going to feel it. I just hope that we all don't get caught up in the argument and forget that we are on the same team.

I think the "BM" on this mound actually stands for "bowel movement"; one of Franzen's, if I'm not mistaken...

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:30 am

Upsetter wrote:

Make America Great Again. Gigantic Fucking Blank Stare Dude. You must have an amazing story of perseverance and up by the bootstraps experience to be able to judge others so well. Congratulations, but I think the Golden Rule is better in a crowd.
That sounds awesome in my ears!! (P-A)

we were basking in goodness here with our everyday drivel that we enjoy.... the rest of this is horseshit, flybug.pa.

Jon

Post by Jon » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:53 am

Upsetter wrote: Kick em off welfare and see how their attitude changes... Something for nothing aint the way the world works.
It is if you know how to play the corporate welfare game. Social welfare is chump change compared to tax breaks and subsidies for big business.
"unsalvageably incoherent"