Emory university ........

austrotard

Re: Emory university ........

Post by austrotard » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:10 am

Adams wrote:Snopes it boys - says mostly false. Don't believe what you see on the innerwebs.
cough.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

Adams

Post by Adams » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:05 am

The irony isn't lost on me.
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:04 pm

VTNZ wrote:
And NC and apparently Tennessee can eat a bag of dicks....which seems like the perfect dish for their elected twats... :bullshit

You know.......that really hurts my feelings.
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:20 pm

Imagine the feelings of the folks being oppressed by the fundamentalist legislators of those two states....
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:56 pm

VTNZ wrote:Imagine the feelings of the folks being oppressed by the fundamentalist legislators of those two states....

You didn't even have to duck.
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

FormerlyChaseChrome

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:10 pm

SLSS wrote:Jeebus. Weren't any of you guys around in the sixties and seventies? You sound like the pro-nixon/pro-government bunch who lambasted Vietnam protestors. Sure there was a bunch of wrongheaded, over-the-line behavior in protests, but who was right on that war? Part of what college should be about is expanding your thinking, and sometimes it expands too far. And some academics are whiney bitches, but I've run into whiney bitches on constructions sites too.

There seem to be plenty of badass young folks in the military, and I know a bunch in other walks of life. Social media has drawn out the worst in people and put it on display, but that's not everyone, and it's not the majority. Don't get caught up in the hatin', you're all harshin' my mellow.

Years ago I took my little brother to see Queen. In the seventies, there was enough homophobia to bury everyone, and look where we've come (well, most of us beyond North Carolina). Now we can recognize douchery vs. genius. We wouldn't have gotten there as quickly without the sensitive souls of this world.
I sense a degree of "decalcification" my man...good on ya...
:cool

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:52 pm

ChaseChrome wrote:
SLSS wrote:Jeebus. Weren't any of you guys around in the sixties and seventies? You sound like the pro-nixon/pro-government bunch who lambasted Vietnam protestors. Sure there was a bunch of wrongheaded, over-the-line behavior in protests, but who was right on that war? Part of what college should be about is expanding your thinking, and sometimes it expands too far. And some academics are whiney bitches, but I've run into whiney bitches on constructions sites too.

There seem to be plenty of badass young folks in the military, and I know a bunch in other walks of life. Social media has drawn out the worst in people and put it on display, but that's not everyone, and it's not the majority. Don't get caught up in the hatin', you're all harshin' my mellow.

Years ago I took my little brother to see Queen. In the seventies, there was enough homophobia to bury everyone, and look where we've come (well, most of us beyond North Carolina). Now we can recognize douchery vs. genius. We wouldn't have gotten there as quickly without the sensitive souls of this world.
I sense a degree of "decalcification" my man...good on ya...
:cool
Fits and starts, buddy. We need a campfire and some good beverage. :cool
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:29 pm

SLSS wrote:Jeebus. Weren't any of you guys around in the sixties and seventies?
I don't remember.

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:36 pm

I am making an effort to be more forward-thinking these days.

You guys should try.... Fuck! It is not forward-thinking of me to assign a gender to all of you by using the word "guys." By assigning a gender to this group, who primarily associates with the male gender, I have potentially alienated the humans amongst us who associate with a different gender or no gender at all. This was extremely insensitive of me and I'm sorry.

You fellow human beings should try it, so long as your pursuit to be more forward-thinking does not cause anyone's feelings to get hurt or their self-worth to get diminished.

It feels good being more forward-thinking. I am more in tune with the feelings of my fellow humans.

One last thing... Quick joke...

How do you blind a woman?

Put a windshield in front of her.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:14 pm

yard4sale wrote:Whining about whiners. Classic.
Exactly.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:32 am

Spudnik wrote:I am making an effort to be more forward-thinking these days.

You guys should try.... Fuck! It is not forward-thinking of me to assign a gender to all of you by using the word "guys." By assigning a gender to this group, who primarily associates with the male gender, I have potentially alienated the humans amongst us who associate with a different gender or no gender at all. This was extremely insensitive of me and I'm sorry.

You fellow human beings should try it, so long as your pursuit to be more forward-thinking does not cause anyone's feelings to get hurt or their self-worth to get diminished.

It feels good being more forward-thinking. I am more in tune with the feelings of my fellow humans.

One last thing... Quick joke...

How do you blind a woman?

Put a windshield in front of her.
You are incredibly insensitive. I was reading your post out loud to my dog, as I am uncertain whether or not he can read it for himself, due to MY inability to understand his vocalizations. He was extremely offended at your speceisist attitude inferring that only humans should be afforded the opportunity to participate in this chat room. My dog, who was born a bitch but now self identifies as male, is emotionally traumatized by your words and request that you provide funding for therapy, and for the purchase of technology that will create an online "safe space" for him by automatically filtering and deleting objectionable material. You may send funds via paypal.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing