Bernie's 2014 Taxes

Spudnik

Bernie's 2014 Taxes

Post by Spudnik » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:32 am

What a predictable joke.

An effective federal rate of about 14%.

And his wife, God bless her, had a "business" with $4900 in income and not a single dime in expenses.

If you're gonna talk the talk, you should walk the walk.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

Plow

Re: Bernie's 2014 Taxes

Post by Plow » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:27 pm

Spudnik wrote:What a predictable joke.

An effective federal rate of about 14%.

And his wife, God bless her, had a "business" with $4900 in income and not a single dime in expenses.

If you're gonna talk the talk, you should walk the walk.
Lets hope bernie does't get elected 'cause his taxes will be going way up along with the national the debt. Cost a shit-load of money to make everything free.

Why in the fuck is that hypocrite taking social security when he obviously doesn't need it?
Better Reds than dead...

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:22 pm

It's not the social security that really bothers me. Nothing about his taxes make me mad, at all. Seems pretty straightforward. Actually, it seems way too simple. It's weird, but I think this guy is totally broke.

$205K agi, with absolutely no investments (which I can't wrap my head around yet). $11 in interest and $2 in dividends? Does he have a savings account with $2000 in it, and that's all?

He said he paid for two weddings last year (daughter and niece), which you could imagine cost him at least $20,000 total. And he paid $23,000 in mortgage interest, not counting principal.
I bet his total mortgage payments are somewhere upwards of $60,000.

He's broke. Why doesn't he have any retirement savings or investments? He passed the age where he would be required to take a distribution. Is he truly that clueless on personal finances? It's wild, actually. I have no idea what this guys deal is.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Post by MTgrayling » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:51 pm

That guys deal is people, not money. Weird concept I know.

Money is a great thing to horde... if we lived forever.
Ryan found his way out; your escape awaits...

Let there be HIGH water!

Plow

Post by Plow » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:14 pm

He's been with the government since 91, 25+ years towards a sweet retirement and a "401K" like investment (not reported on taxes - assume he opted in).

Pretty simple finances (like 80% of us), explains his views on daemon bankers and wall street.
Better Reds than dead...

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:36 pm

Grayling, you gotta have some sense of personal finance. Any sense. It's super interesting to me, that's all. Not a single retirement investment? Not one?!

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Post by MTgrayling » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:57 am

Spudnik wrote:Grayling, you gotta have some sense of personal finance. Any sense. It's super interesting to me, that's all. Not a single retirement investment? Not one?!
Huh? Dude, I am retired.

Retirement = the capitalist carrot on a stick. Work like a serf all your life and then, when you're too damn old to do anything worthwhile that's when you can rest... psych.

He who dies with the most toys... America!

Let there be HIGH water!

fly-chucker

Post by fly-chucker » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:31 pm

MTgrayling wrote:
Spudnik wrote:Grayling, you gotta have some sense of personal finance. Any sense. It's super interesting to me, that's all. Not a single retirement investment? Not one?!
Huh? Dude, I am retired.

Retirement = the capitalist carrot on a stick. Work like a serf all your life and then, when you're too damn old to do anything worthwhile that's when you can rest... psych.

He who dies with the most toys... America!

MTgrayling = this
A vacationing American businessman standing on the pier of a quaint coastal fishing village in southern Mexico watched as a small boat with just one young Mexican fisherman pulled into the dock. Inside the small boat were several large yellowfin tuna. Enjoying the warmth of the early afternoon sun, the American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish.

"How long did it take you to catch them?" the American casually asked.

"Oh, a few hours," the Mexican fisherman replied.

"Why don't you stay out longer and catch more fish?" the American businessman then asked.

The Mexican warmly replied, "With this I have more than enough to meet my family's needs."

The businessman then became serious, "But what do you do with the rest of your time?"

Responding with a smile, the Mexican fisherman answered, "I sleep late, play with my children, watch ball games, and take siesta with my wife. Sometimes in the evenings I take a stroll into the village to see my friends, play the guitar, sing a few songs..."

The American businessman impatiently interrupted, "Look, I have an MBA from Harvard, and I can help you to be more profitable. You can start by fishing several hours longer every day. You can then sell the extra fish you catch. With the extra money, you can buy a bigger boat. With the additional income that larger boat will bring, before long you can buy a second boat, then a third one, and so on, until you have an entire fleet of fishing boats."

Proud of his own sharp thinking, he excitedly elaborated a grand scheme which could bring even bigger profits, "Then, instead of selling your catch to a middleman you'll be able to sell your fish directly to the processor, or even open your own cannery. Eventually, you could control the product, processing and distribution. You could leave this tiny coastal village and move to Mexico City, or possibly even Los Angeles or New York City, where you could even further expand your enterprise."

Having never thought of such things, the Mexican fisherman asked, "But how long will all this take?"

After a rapid mental calculation, the Harvard MBA pronounced, "Probably about 15-20 years, maybe less if you work really hard."

"And then what, señor?" asked the fisherman.

"Why, that's the best part!" answered the businessman with a laugh. "When the time is right, you would sell your company stock to the public and become very rich. You would make millions."

"Millions? Really? What would I do with it all?" asked the young fisherman in disbelief.

The businessman boasted, "Then you could happily retire with all the money you've made. You could move to a quaint coastal fishing village where you could sleep late, play with your grandchildren, watch ball games, and take siesta with your wife. You could stroll to the village in the evenings where you could play the guitar and sing with your friends all you want."
:cool
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:29 pm

only thing is, the mexican doesnt expect to be paid when the red tide hits and those tuna are nowhere to be found. rough times ensue and that small coastal village gets real creative to survive, including some of them sneaking into america for work. :coffee

the one thing that doesnt happen is folks lining up for food stamps, unemployment, and tanf. theyre lucky if the local constabulary doesnt bleed them for protection money from the cartels. they sure as shit aint gonna pay their rent when bad times befall them.

fuck off all you want, live the life you want to live, that is the kind of freedom america is all about. just dont expect anyone else to pick up your tab. and you certainly have no right to demand that they do so. if you insist, i will fight you at the ballot box, on the street, and on the battlefield.

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:01 pm

Upsetter wrote: if you insist, i will fight you at the ballot box, on the street, and on the battlefield.
Good Gawd, you're full of shit.
:coffee

MTgrayling

Post by MTgrayling » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:53 am

You're all gonna feel silly with those piles of cash when North Korea nukes us, or the aliens invade, the zombies rise, the asteroid/black hole/comet mows us down.

Hows about rapid global societal collapse via rampant overpopulation? Robot uprising...

You can't eat money.

Let there be HIGH water!

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:06 am

None of us are safe when the robots come.