His cup of bullshit runneth over...

BigCliff

His cup of bullshit runneth over...

Post by BigCliff » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:35 pm

So Donny the Orange whined that Hillary "made up things that I said or believe, but have no basis in fact. Not honest!"

So she corrected the record- https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing ... se-things/

There's roughly 50 citations with links to the exact quotes from him. Its truly amazing.

It would be one thing if he was just whining.

Or bullshitting.

Or wrong.

But here we have over three dozen examples of how he's whining about being called on his bullshit and he's wrong, just on one day.

If Trump breaks 45% and the Libertarian ticket doesn't break 10%, we're a sorrier lot than I thought.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

Jon

Re: His cup of bullshit runneth over...

Post by Jon » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:51 am

And Trump's supporters won't give a shit. Long before Trump, social scientists observed that truth matters less to most people than reinforcement, and that most of us have the ability to reformulate misstatements of fact into truth as long as they conform to our own biases.

It bears repeating - truth matters less than reinforcement.

Trump can spout whatever rubbish that he wants as long as it reinforces the fears, resentments, prejudices and anger of the people who vote for him.

And yes, collectively we are a sorry lot. Choosing between Hillary and Trump is like getting the choice of being shot or hanged.
"unsalvageably incoherent"

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Re: His gilded goblet of madness runneth over...

Post by MTgrayling » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:47 pm

http://www.wired.com/2016/06/oh-thank-g ... x-drought/

Extinction. Great policy...

ASSHOLE!

I'm sure our embattled stocks of fish like steelhead and salmon would fare well under the lying man boy.

Yes people, we are fucked.
Ryan found his way out; your escape awaits...

Let there be HIGH water!

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:23 pm

Jon wrote:And Trump's supporters won't give a shit. Long before Trump, social scientists observed that truth matters less to most people than reinforcement, and that most of us have the ability to reformulate misstatements of fact into truth as long as they conform to our own biases.

It bears repeating - truth matters less than reinforcement.

Trump can spout whatever rubbish that he wants as long as it reinforces the fears, resentments, prejudices and anger of the people who vote for him.

And yes, collectively we are a sorry lot. Choosing between Hillary and Trump is like getting the choice of being shot or hanged.
Jon,

I agree with you and observe it all of the time, particularly on Social Media. People will repeat any bullshit that reinforces their worldview. I spent a good bit of time early in my career doing news and acting as news director for some radio stations and that instilled in me an obsession with accuracy (and truth). I don't care if it re-enforces my biases, perpetuating billshit and untruths pisses me off. I call people out for it on Zuckerbook frequently, regardless of their political leaning. For the same reason, when I watch, read or listen to news, I don't want it to have a slant, even if that slant would be aligned with my worldview, just give me the facts and shut the fuck up.. As such, FOX, CNN, MSNBC and the bulk of the networks suck. NPR has it's biases but not as bad as others, and BBC news is pretty much straight up the middle. At this point, I don't think I'll be able to cast a vote for president in November.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:02 pm

go trump.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:12 pm

I blame the Mexican judges. Especially those born in Indiana.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:30 pm

Guess that's one way to create jobs... 8 fact checkers needed to sift through one Trump speech
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:46 am

Happy Independence Day everyone!

Char some meat drink some beer catch some fish shoot some guns and blow shit up! What merica is all about!

Go trump!! :cheer
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (83.59 KiB) Viewed 994 times