Let 'em go?

BigCliff

Let 'em go?

Post by BigCliff » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:32 am

Was reading up on the background of the Nice attacks and they mentioned about how Nice has a particulary bad jihadi problem and how many folks from there have gone off to join up with ISIS. The local authorities have worked with national ones to identify folks looking to go join up with ISIS and have even pulled some off the plane right before it was about to take off.

My question: why stop them?

Why not keep track of them (CIA satellites, NSA interweb tracking, etc) as a way to better identify the enemy and rid the world of them by dropping a 500lb bomb on their base in Iraq/Syria?

Why would you want to keep them in your country, spreading their crazy amongst your prison population and gobbling up taxpayer dollars in food and CO wages? I doubt the 500lb bomb costs more than housing an inmate for 3-6mo.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

austrotard

Re: Let 'em go?

Post by austrotard » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:43 am

'king oats.

go trump.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:58 pm

Cliff. I'm surprised by your hawkishness.

If you really thought that thru you'd realize that that 500lb bomb could quite possibly kill several innocent .........goats.

I do agree however that at some point we will need to get fed up and roll our sleeves up and get very very tough and do what we have to do.
Looks like we may have to start at home before we take it anywhere else.
The future ain't lookin too bright.
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

Willi

Post by Willi » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:06 pm

That get tough shit sounds good and somehow feels right and satisfying but the wars we waged to stop terrorism have killed FAR more American than terrorists have and as far as I can see, the get tough shit we've tried hasn't been too effective...............

Willi

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Love... When Willi comments in Politics.
Hundreds of thousands of Iraqi lives lost.
Not to mention that Iraq, birthplace of civilization, no longer exists.
Burn pits, depleted Uranium spread everywhere in the name of Democracy.
PTSD, 20 some veterans a day offing themselves.
Bottled water is now the norm, to the point that sea water is now composed of plastic at the cellular level.

All thanks to the War on Terror.
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:42 pm

Willi wrote:That get tough shit sounds good and somehow feels right and satisfying but the wars we waged to stop terrorism have killed FAR more American than terrorists have and as far as I can see, the get tough shit we've tried hasn't been too effective...............

Willi
I see you missed my statement that that will happen when we get fed up enough.
It doesn't sound like you are there yet.

Frankly I'm a bit more concerned with the stuff going on within our borders right now. It is a real threat to the order of things and puts a lot more folks in immediate danger. The disruption of everyday life alone is bad enough let alone the distrust between fellow citizens.

Carry on.
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:52 pm

For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. -Sun Tzu

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:58 am

Randall Dee wrote:For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. -Sun Tzu

Lime.

I appear to have been misinterpreted.
So let me try again, bluntly.

Until we get fed up enough to decide ( and it will take a lot of courage and willpower) to really do it we need not mess around .

As pointed out, it is absurd to waste life treasure and energy fighting an enemy that has no rules led by legions of lawyers and bureaucrats that by the very nature of being involved limit any chance of success.
I'm not an advocate of war. ...I hate it. I've two sons that are of the right age for the next one.

I like RD's plan the best .......how the hell do we implement that ?

Back upstairs for discussion.....I don't like to argue.

Peace

Cary

Post by Cary » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:27 am

blumpkin wrote:Love... When Willi comments in Politics.
Hundreds of thousands of Iraqi lives lost.
Not to mention that Iraq, birthplace of civilization, no longer exists.
Burn pits, depleted Uranium spread everywhere in the name of Democracy.
PTSD, 20 some veterans a day offing themselves.
Bottled water is now the norm, to the point that sea water is now composed of plastic at the cellular level.

All thanks to the War on Terror.

This is what Standing means. Skin (lives) in the game. the saber-rattlers that never been, haven't seen, no.
Utah is great, it's just too bad it's in Utah...
-CE