Realization

kish

Realization

Post by kish » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:54 pm

It just dawned on me that for the first time in my life, "my" president will have no redeeming qualities. Regardless of whichever P.O.S. wins, I see no positives.

I've always voted libertarian, so I'm used to not getting my first choice, but damn… At least past candidates had a positive attribute or two that I could focus on to make them seem human. Bush was likable and an outdoorsman. His dad seemed like a statesman. Bill was a likable good ol' boy. Obama seemed like a cool guy. Smoked a little weed, smooth personality. Carter seemed like a, honorable, decent man.

I've never despised our president, but unfortunately that will change in January. Regardless of who wins.
“We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

B.M. Barrelcooker

Re: Realization

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:17 pm

Keep voting libertarian.

You are right
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:36 pm

let's make half of america great again!

the other unpopular half can get fucked, hey.

don't you lot have some sort of commandment where you can take up arms and coup d'état or some shit?
now would be the time to exercise that right. or maybe not.

big bluffers.

go trump.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

root wad

Post by root wad » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:34 pm

I considered it an honor to vote until I realized my choice was determined by which candidate seemed not as patently repulsive as the other.
Life is a whole lot more simple when you plow around the stump.
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:54 pm

This is brutal for all 3rd parties. If the independents can even get votes in this one we are screwed forever...
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:58 pm

To quote a pretty admirable dude, Colin Powell:

"This is the Pottery Barn Rule......you break it you've bought it."

Except this time the rest of globe will suffer too.

I'll be taking questions and giving advice on NZ residency requirements for the next week... :coffee
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:49 am

I don't often come down here. Bitching about politics always seems like a waste of time. Waste implies disposal without adequate return, and I suppose they leave the adequacy of the return to the discretion of the disposer.

Woke up at 4am, checked my phone once, haven't looked again because a quick glance at 4am allows for a margin of error produced by grogginess, which begets doubt, which provides for the soothing ability to think maybe this is all a shitty fucking nightmare like when the hillbillies from deliverance are chasing me through the woods at my grandparent's hunting property but I can also fly and talk to rabbits who are actually people I hated but pretended to like from high school, or when I'm on a flight from my family's cabin to my office on a plane filled with people having a chess competition but then I'm suddenly falling, hurtling towards certain death over what looks like the Bahamas? I can see bonefish tailing as I fall, luckily I brought a fly rod.

Maybe its too early for so much coffee. Maybe who cares because maybe we're all actually as fucked as I've supposed.

It's sort of sublime to release the final rags of faith you had in people. They'd been slipping and tearing for years, mind. I worried about letting them go, about the consequences - how I'd manage to function in a society that demands a measure of normalcy when I've none. But we're beyond the horizon line now, and normalcy cowers in the dark.

Fucking travis just messaged me saying he's going fishing. Cheeky bastard called in sick.

I think I'm feeling a little ill as well.
I still like to explore new water, but these holes and drifts and slots are like the books and records I have carried around for decades. They are not only places of affection - they are the fabric of my life. - Doug Rose

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:34 am

I would've loved to be in Hillary's camp last night....I'm sure shit was set on fire, tables tipped over, cussin' like a sailor and whiskey bottles broken....kind of like a Drake Bake (thanks Brookwookie and Flyfisheraaa)!
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

Jon

Post by Jon » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:58 am

"When God created Republicans, he gave up on everything else." - Frank Zappa
"unsalvageably incoherent"

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Post by MTgrayling » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:31 am

stillsteamin wrote: It's sort of sublime to release the final rags of faith you had in people. They'd been slipping and tearing for years, mind. I worried about letting them go, about the consequences - how I'd manage to function in a society that demands a measure of normalcy when I've none. But we're beyond the horizon line now, and normalcy cowers in the dark.

Fucking travis just messaged me saying he's going fishing. Cheeky bastard called in sick.

I think I'm feeling a little ill as well.

Try to think of it as liberating. You are now a free man...

:cool

Plenty of blame to go 'round. Mine will go at dumbfuck family, russia, the FBI and Wasserman Schultz. We will all feel the burn now though.
Ryan found his way out; your escape awaits...

Let there be HIGH water!

Spicytuna

Post by Spicytuna » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:56 am

Cali got Weed

Holla
"In truth you can throw dries and swing flies and still be a loser. That would be an elite loser though.
Rare breed." - MTgrayling

"You guys know the Magic Hour???? Yeah it just happened I was there!!!" DK

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:16 pm

Ya don't have legal weed yet. The only way the leader of the biggest Banana Republic is going to let that fly is if someone gets in his ear during his 4 second attention span and conveys that "well if we let them legalize it, the rapist, murdering colored folks won't have the market to smuggle it across the border,etc." But who's gonna do that? Guliani and his gestapo? Christie who hates the cool weed smokers cuz they called him fat in high school?

But Banana Repubs have things like Junta's and FBI/DEA are now essentially rogue. And their "industry", er, "existence" as an angry white guy with a gunjob means making crims out of folks....ergo the feds will be Cali's ass and every other now....

Mind you I'm all for legal weeds....but this is new chapter in the DSA....Democracy just died after 240 years, and to think things will be ok is not realistic. And when he puts in a Supreme Ct justice who will make the Shah of Iran look moderate....you'll be losing a lot more than just legal weed. The lunatics are running the asylum... :bomb
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT