Electoral College

BigCliff

Re: Electoral College

Post by BigCliff » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:24 pm

befuddled wrote:given the numbers (I've had a couple of beers, do your own calculations if mine look incorrect), is his "victory" really an argument for abolishing the EC?
Probably not, but I think this may be: In terms of Electoral College votes per state resident, each person voting in Wyoming has over 3x the impact of each voter in California.

In TEN OTHER STATES, each voter has at least 2x the impact of a California voter. (refer to my chart on pg2 of thread for detail)

The electoral college is a convoluted way of stating that residents of small states should have more say in who becomes president that residents of large states. What the fuk's up with that?
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:49 pm

BigCliff wrote:
The electoral college is a convoluted way of stating that residents of small states should have more say in who becomes president that residents of large states. What the fuk's up with that?
That's nice for the folks that always seem to what to count in terms of red/blue square footage.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

Lando

Post by Lando » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:31 pm

BigCliff wrote:
Each person voting in Wyoming has over 3x the impact of each voter in California. In TEN OTHER STATES, each voter has at least 2x the impact of a California voter.

How is that fair?
Because I am that important...........besides, do we really want California telling us what to do for the country?

Hell, we even have a state code of ethics.

http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/wyoming/code/code-west
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:17 pm

Huh. How does the Wyoming "code of ethics" align itself with turning a trout stream into a silt ditch?

About as good as the electoral college seems to be working me thinks...
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

Lando

Post by Lando » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:07 pm

Ethics and intellect are two different things.
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:19 pm

Lando wrote:Ethics and intellect are two different things.
I wish the former was built upon a strong latter.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

ChaseChrome

Post by ChaseChrome » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:38 pm

SLSS wrote:
Lando wrote:Ethics and intellect are two different things.
I wish the former was built upon a strong latter.
Snap...
All thinking men are atheists...E. Hemingway

Sometimes hipness is what it ain't...Tower of P

Apparently they believe that putting a see through skirt on a word makes it OK...Average Joe

Kfoxwyo

Post by Kfoxwyo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:51 pm

Shit I just wist the two were with in arms reach of each other.
Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need-a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889