Pebble Mine

Bruiser

Pebble Mine

Post by Bruiser » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:51 pm

Yep

https://www.undercurrentnews.com/2017/0 ... der-trump/

Returning the government to the people. Some of the people is what he meant to say.

If you voted for this guy and didn't expect shit like this you weren't paying attention.
That sounds awesome in my ears!! (P-A)

we were basking in goodness here with our everyday drivel that we enjoy.... the rest of this is horseshit, flybug.pa.

ChaseChrome

Re: Pebble Mine

Post by ChaseChrome » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:00 pm

Small price to pay to float some rustbelt industries I'd say... :coffee

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:28 pm

oh yes. a news article "reporting" on "speculation" by people who dont know shit but cant keep their mouths shut cause thats journalism these days.

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:29 pm

Yeah Northern Dynasty's shares have tripled since the election for for no reason. Forgive me for not insulting you. The place I sent you had no fucking fish until anglers and Amigos Bravos and other groups got the mine to quit dumping shit in the river. I have done a lot of Conservation work up there myself. Nice poster - I get that Trump is your guy. My opinion is that he and Pruitt suck, especially for watersheds. Your opinion is obviously different.

we were basking in goodness here with our everyday drivel that we enjoy.... the rest of this is horseshit, flybug.pa.

canook

Post by canook » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:10 am

Is this really a surprise to anyone?

Throughout his entire business life - including the presidential campaign - he's made no secret that the accumulation of riches is his life's ambition and the only thing at which he's even remotely, albeit questionably, competent. And nothing can stand in the way of this pursuit.

When you sleep with a sodomite, you shouldn't be surprised when you get buggered.

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:38 pm

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Bruiser wrote:If you voted for this guy and didn't expect shit like this you weren't paying attention.
totally agree, but HIllary damn sure should have brought it up more.

Or, you know...

ever.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:17 pm

Bruiser wrote:Yeah Northern Dynasty's shares have tripled since the election for for no reason. Forgive me for not insulting you. The place I sent you had no fucking fish until anglers and Amigos Bravos and other groups got the mine to quit dumping shit in the river. I have done a lot of Conservation work up there myself. Nice poster - I get that Trump is your guy. My opinion is that he and Pruitt suck, especially for watersheds. Your opinion is obviously different.
And golds price has dropped 30% since the pebble mine was being pushed so hard. Market forces have more to do with whether or not a given company pushes hard to open A new mine or not than trump. People dumping money into stock issued by this company is every bit as speculatory as the article you cite to in your OP.

That being said, trump trying to rewrite or eliminate regulations enacted through the federal register process is not as simple as signing in order saying its so. He too has to publish new regs in the Federal register take comments and deal with the aftermath of disagreements over whether or not the rags follow statutory requirements. The lawsuits that follow will lead to some beneficial change to our seriously over regulated existence, but isn't going to turn the earth upside down.

And if you take note, I didn't insult you I insulted whoever wrote the stupid article. It seems the new fad since Trump into power for the mainstream media to speculate and offer the most ridiculous opinions as if they're newsworthy. Until something concrete happens and facts can be reported It's just spin.

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:59 pm

U.S. President Donald Trump’s administration has “a desire to permit Pebble,” the company’s project in Alaska, Northern Dynasty Chief Executive Officer Ronald Thiessen said Monday in Vancouver. “We will come to a resolution within 100 days” with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, he said.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ew-partner
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:10 pm

https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/epa-pr ... ristol-bay

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is proposing to withdraw its July 2014 Clean Water Act Proposed Determination that would, if finalized, have imposed restrictions on the discharge of dredged or fill material associated with the potential “Pebble Mine” in Alaska’s Bristol Bay watershed. EPA is seeking public comment on whether to withdraw the Proposed Determination.

90 days folks. Speak up and speak often...
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:55 am

Looking at the last two posts from Yardsale, I believe that it is going to be hard to pitch the whole "it's spin" thing going forward Upsetter. The fact is that Trump never made any inclination that he would be doing anything other than raping our public lands and increasing mining on our headwaters. Don't play coy.
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:28 pm