H.R.621 Public Lands Sale

Upsetter

Re: H.R.621 Public Lands Sale

Post by Upsetter » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:47 pm

Willi wrote:https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... %5D%7D&r=1

Bill to sell off 3 million acres in in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah and Wyoming. They already instituted a rules package that states that our Public lands have no monetary value which makes the above MUCH easier to impliment.

Willi
I'm curious where the 3 million acres comes from. The bill title makes no mention of acreage. The bill has no text or summary. It's nothing more than a placeholder from what I can tell

Willi

Post by Willi » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:23 pm

H.R.621 - To direct the Secretary of the Interior to sell certain Federal lands in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, and Wyoming, previously identified as suitable for disposal, and for other purposes.

The lands “previously identified as suitable for disposal” refer to 3.3 million acres of Bureau of Land Management land as designated as such by a 1997 report. That's what we have so far.

Chaffetz attempted to pass a similar Bill in January of 2015. It was referred to the Subcommittee on Federal Lands where it died at the end of session. Hopefully this one will suffer a similar fate.

Willi

Willi

Post by Willi » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:31 am

Here's a list of the land sent to me by a lurker, brownsauce.

https://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/prog/plann ... ally0.html

Willi

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:41 pm

Thanks Willy. Many of those links either contain way too much information to sift through or none at all. But I did find one with the record a decision from the Judith, and based on what I found there I wouldnt object to moving Forward. And that's upwards of 200,000 acres out of the 3 million.
The BLM will pursue acquisitions as opportunities arise through exchange or purchase with willing proponents and/ or sellers. The BLM recognizes and respects private property rights and will not use condemnation to implement land tenure adjustment under this land use plan. The main objective will be to attain a BLM land pattern which balances multiple resource values and brings about better manageability.

A total of 161,826 acres ofBLM land will be available for disposal. The lands identified for disposal will be available for exchange. These lands may also be available for sale to facilitate an individual land exchange or meet other plan objectives.

During any purchase or exchange action, the BLM will attempt to maintain the respective county tax base and allow no overall net gain in BLM land over the life of this plan. The BLM will monitor land tenure adjustments to identify potential problems in achieving this objective. BLM land may be sold to facilitate a purchase or exchange action or maintain the respective county tax base.

https://eplanning.blm.gov/epl-front-off ... liant).pdf

Willi

Post by Willi » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:31 pm

That's not at all what the Bill is referring to. That swap of 200,000 acres is nothing new. The National Forest and BLM have been swapping land for a long time. I owned a piece of land that abutted the NF. There was no easy public access to that section of NF land, so they offered me a swap.

The Bill concerns the sale of the lands referred to in the 1997 report and are specifically delineated in the link I provided. It is for an outright sale of over 3 million acres.

A lot of people in MT are taking the threat seriously. https://www.facebook.com/MontanaWildlif ... ED&fref=nf

Willi

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:04 pm

I don't really care what the wilderness whatever they're called is up to. They're an unreasonable outfit.

Either the link that you sent to me is inaccurate, or The 160,000 acres I posted that quote about is part of the 3 million. That is a quote out of a resource management plan that is linked to out of the link that you Posted.

I might be wrong, but I think this is a bill authorizing expedited disposal of a bunch of land that is been sitting on the federal rolls for two decades now and hasn't gone anywhere because of red tape.

Like I said a bunch of links are dead and a bunch of them had such significant Eis documents that I didn't have time to go through them, but I don't think this is the big deal everyone is making it out to be .

it's definitely not a wholesale sell off of public lands to the highest bidder. It's Land slated for disposal by Blm resource management plans that Have been run through environmental impact statements and are for sale or trade in furtherance of management objectives like public access.

look at the List, go to Montana look for the word Judith and click on the link I'm not kidding. the majority of the links on there have the letters RMP for resource management plan. I seriously doubt the resource management plan for one area is dramatically different from area to another. They all operate under the same statutes.

Willi

Post by Willi » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:01 pm

Here's the text of the Bill where it discusses the sale of the 3.3 million acres

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... %5D%7D&r=1

Willi

James

Post by James » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:35 am

now it's time to kill 622

Willi

Post by Willi » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:10 am

Saw that this AM. Great news. Nice to see some response to public pressure. I agree, now some pressure on 622.

Willi

ChaseChrome

Post by ChaseChrome » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:50 am

ironman wrote:CC and I worked out our misunderstanding. Like men do.

As a show of good faith, he is buying a 20 piece place setting of the rustbelt's finest flatware, with all the add on pieces. I have requested shipping notification on a certain canuckstani shipment.

And I'm high on vaporized feints.

As it relates to this thread: I am not a fan of divesting public lands, and shall be giving a reach around to my congressman to express my concern.
I will only consider the "skull series..."
But none of this plated stuff.

Be sure those fuckers dump their waste into those coal mine rivers...lets make Northern NY great (and clean) again...
All thinking men are atheists...E. Hemingway

Sometimes hipness is what it ain't...Tower of P

Apparently they believe that putting a see through skirt on a word makes it OK...Average Joe

ironman

Post by ironman » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:37 am

ChaseChrome wrote:
ironman wrote:CC and I worked out our misunderstanding. Like men do.

As a show of good faith, he is buying a 20 piece place setting of the rustbelt's finest flatware, with all the add on pieces. I have requested shipping notification on a certain canuckstani shipment.

And I'm high on vaporized feints.

As it relates to this thread: I am not a fan of divesting public lands, and shall be giving a reach around to my congressman to express my concern.
I will only consider the "skull series..."
But none of this plated stuff.

Be sure those fuckers dump their waste into those coal mine rivers...lets make Northern NY great (and clean) again...
Sou-Oor-ree?

100% recyclable. Rivers are safe. Which pleases the fishermen who own said co.

I'd be more concerned aboot that cheap Chinese shit in the drawer. They quench their metal in coolant laced with arsenic, lead, and the tears of a child work force. Dog knows what they used for substrate - could have been smelted from radioactive recycled material from the last nuke accident in Japan. You put that in your mouth after all.

The skulls are cool though. Beyond acceptable by most. You will dig it.

Look forward to hearing of your order confirmation.

"carry the fuck on"
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin