I like my cheap tecate

yard4sale

I like my cheap tecate

Post by yard4sale » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:21 pm

Why exactly are we fucking with Mexico? Seems like net immigration is close to zero and we do well in the trade deal. Are there really that many Americans that want to go pick fruit for 12 hours a day at $8 an hour? Or is it just the idea of it...

I guess this could be a turning point in the California water wars since those Central Valley farmers will go broke soon.

Bonus: snowflakes will have to buy $10 bell peppers
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

austrotard

Re: I like my cheap tecate

Post by austrotard » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:27 pm

if you could go back in time would you pick your own cotton?

discuss.

six months from now you'll be jrinking labatt bleu.
and le liking it.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:20 pm

It's about time he ups his beer game.

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:28 pm

hmmm... like some of that ze german roofie beer that you fancy.

ha ha. roof beer.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:35 pm

Randall Dee wrote:It's about time he ups his beer game.
Rainier > 12 month old German piss in a can.

Really I want some of jose's guacamole before avocados are $15 each.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

Ginseng Sullivan

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:46 am

I'm honestly not sure the cheeto can even read. Canadian oil is obviously the deciding factor especially since he's backing their pipeline to shore up his 401k. The numbers just don't back up his bullshit.

My small terrier will only fuck with old decrepit dogs, never once picked a fight with a healthy young dog.

Cliff notes on our relationship with our continent mates. Links are there if you might think I'm cherry picking the points.

Mexico
U.S. goods and services trade with Mexico totaled an estimated $583.6 billion in 2015. Exports were $267.2 billion; imports were $316.4 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with Mexico was -$49.2 billion in 2015.
Mexico is currently our 3rd largest goods trading partner with $531 billion in total (two way) goods trade during 2015. Goods exports totaled $236 billion; goods imports totaled $295 billion. The U.S. goods trade deficit with Mexico was $58 billion in 2015.
Trade in services with Mexico (exports and imports) totaled an estimated $52.4 billion in 2015. Services exports were $30.8 billion; services imports were $21.6 billion. The U.S. services trade surplus with Mexico was $9.2 billion in 2015.
According to the Department of Commerce, U.S. exports of goods and services to Mexico supported an estimated 1.1 million jobs in 2014 (latest data available) (953 thousand supported by goods exports and 193 thousand supported by services exports).
U.S. goods exports to Mexico in 2015 were $236 billion, down 1.6% ($3.9 billion) from 2014 but up 97% from 2005. U.S. exports to Mexico are up 468% from 1993 (pre-NAFTA). U.S. exports to Mexico account for 15.7% of overall U.S. exports in 2015

Doc-https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/americas/mexico

Canada
U.S. goods and services trade with Canada totaled an estimated $662.7 billion in 2015. Exports were $337.3 billion; imports were $325.4 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade surplus with Canada was $11.9 billion in 2015.
Canada is currently our 2nd largest goods trading partner with $575 billion in total (two way) goods trade during 2015. Goods exports totaled $280 billion; goods imports totaled $295 billion. The U.S. goods trade deficit with Canada was $15 billion in 2015.
Trade in services with Canada (exports and imports) totaled an estimated $87.5 billion in 2015. Services exports were $57.3 billion; services imports were $30.2 billion. The U.S. services trade surplus with Canada was $27.1 billion in 2015.
According to the Department of Commerce, U.S. exports of goods and services to Canada supported an estimated 1.7 million jobs in 2014 (latest data available) (1.3 million supported by goods exports and 394 thousand supported by services exports).
U.S. goods exports to Canada in 2015 were $280 billion, down 10% ($32 billion) from 2014 but up 32% from 2005. U.S. exports to Canada are up 179% from 1993 (pre-NAFTA). U.S. exports to Canada account for 18.6% of overall U.S. exports in 2015.

Doc-https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/americas/canada
Last edited by Ginseng Sullivan on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

canook

Post by canook » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:15 am

Ginseng Sullivan wrote:I'm honestly not sure the cheeto can even read. Canadian oil is obviously the deciding factor especially since he's backing their pipeline to shore up his 401k. The numbers just don't back up his bullshit.

My small terrier will only fuck with old decrepit dogs, never once picked a fight with a healthy young dog.

Cliff notes on our relationship with our continent mates. Links are there if you might think I'm cherry picking the points.

Mexico
U.S. goods and services trade with Mexico totaled an estimated $583.6 billion in 2015. Exports were $267.2 billion; imports were $316.4 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with Mexico was -$49.2 billion in 2015.
Mexico is currently our 3rd largest goods trading partner with $531 billion in total (two way) goods trade during 2015. Goods exports totaled $236 billion; goods imports totaled $295 billion. The U.S. goods trade deficit with Mexico was $58 billion in 2015.
Trade in services with Mexico (exports and imports) totaled an estimated $52.4 billion in 2015. Services exports were $30.8 billion; services imports were $21.6 billion. The U.S. services trade surplus with Mexico was $9.2 billion in 2015.
According to the Department of Commerce, U.S. exports of goods and services to Mexico supported an estimated 1.1 million jobs in 2014 (latest data available) (953 thousand supported by goods exports and 193 thousand supported by services exports).
U.S. goods exports to Mexico in 2015 were $236 billion, down 1.6% ($3.9 billion) from 2014 but up 97% from 2005. U.S. exports to Mexico are up 468% from 1993 (pre-NAFTA). U.S. exports to Mexico account for 15.7% of overall U.S. exports in 2015

Canada
U.S. goods and services trade with Canada totaled an estimated $662.7 billion in 2015. Exports were $337.3 billion; imports were $325.4 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade surplus with Canada was $11.9 billion in 2015.
Canada is currently our 2nd largest goods trading partner with $575 billion in total (two way) goods trade during 2015. Goods exports totaled $280 billion; goods imports totaled $295 billion. The U.S. goods trade deficit with Canada was $15 billion in 2015.
Trade in services with Canada (exports and imports) totaled an estimated $87.5 billion in 2015. Services exports were $57.3 billion; services imports were $30.2 billion. The U.S. services trade surplus with Canada was $27.1 billion in 2015.
According to the Department of Commerce, U.S. exports of goods and services to Canada supported an estimated 1.7 million jobs in 2014 (latest data available) (1.3 million supported by goods exports and 394 thousand supported by services exports).
U.S. goods exports to Canada in 2015 were $280 billion, down 10% ($32 billion) from 2014 but up 32% from 2005. U.S. exports to Canada are up 179% from 1993 (pre-NAFTA). U.S. exports to Canada account for 18.6% of overall U.S. exports in 2015.

That's a lot of words and numbers. Can you distill it down to a tweet?

Ginseng Sullivan

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:59 am

Ginseng Sullivan wrote:I'm honestly not sure the cheeto can even read. Canadian oil is obviously the deciding factor especially since he's backing their pipeline to shore up his 401k. The numbers just don't back up his bullshit.

Mexico

Canada

Cliff'd the Cliff notes. Sorry I forgot it's 2017

CrispyCracker

Post by CrispyCracker » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:56 pm

For perspective:

DRUGS
Mexico long ago overtook Columbia as the top producer of cocaine and heroin sold in the US. Per a 2015 study, Mexican drug cartels take in between $19 and $29 billion annually from US drug sales. The loss of production and the personal misery created domestically by hard drug use is beyond calculating.

CRIME
Many of America's illegal immigrants have a criminal past. Mexico, especially, does not send us their best and brightest. Since they came into the country illegally, there are no documents to reveal their background. Once in the US, many illegal immigrants continue to engage in criminal activity, including gang-related crimes. Stats from the federal bureau of prisoners website say that 33.8 percent of inmates sentenced to federal prisons in 2016 were Hispanic.

TERRORISM
The US border patrol has detained numerous terrorist threats at the border -- including those hailing from non-Latin American countries. FBI director Robert Mueller has said he "is aware that individuals from countries with known Al Qaeda ties have entered the US under false identities." Terrorism coming across the border is a terrific threat to not only the US's government, but also to the American public. This pressure because of illegal immigration exhausts government funds to execute plans to find these terrorist threats.

YOUR TAX DOLLARS
Illegal immigrants also cost money in the form of the taxes legal residences pay for welfare programs. Immigrants that come to the US usually do end up on some sort of welfare program and legal residents pay for the people who didn't abide by laws of entering the country. Immigrants, on average, are less educated and more likely to live in poverty than people born in the US. On a related note, the high percentage of immigrants in our prisons also puts a strain on federal prisons funded by your tax dollars.
How do you explain to yourself the casual manner in which you threw your life away? -- James Lee Burke

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:17 pm

Its about letting Trump's fans blame somebody else for their problems

Simple as that.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

Ginseng Sullivan

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:28 pm

CrispyCracker wrote:For perspective:

DRUGS
Mexico long ago overtook Columbia as the top producer of cocaine and heroin sold in the US. Per a 2015 study, Mexican drug cartels take in between $19 and $29 billion annually from US drug sales. The loss of production and the personal misery created domestically by hard drug use is beyond calculating.

CRIME
Many of America's illegal immigrants have a criminal past. Mexico, especially, does not send us their best and brightest. Since they came into the country illegally, there are no documents to reveal their background. Once in the US, many illegal immigrants continue to engage in criminal activity, including gang-related crimes. Stats from the federal bureau of prisoners website say that 33.8 percent of inmates sentenced to federal prisons in 2016 were Hispanic.

TERRORISM
The US border patrol has detained numerous terrorist threats at the border -- including those hailing from non-Latin American countries. FBI director Robert Mueller has said he "is aware that individuals from countries with known Al Qaeda ties have entered the US under false identities." Terrorism coming across the border is a terrific threat to not only the US's government, but also to the American public. This pressure because of illegal immigration exhausts government funds to execute plans to find these terrorist threats.

YOUR TAX DOLLARS
Illegal immigrants also cost money in the form of the taxes legal residences pay for welfare programs. Immigrants that come to the US usually do end up on some sort of welfare program and legal residents pay for the people who didn't abide by laws of entering the country. Immigrants, on average, are less educated and more likely to live in poverty than people born in the US. On a related note, the high percentage of immigrants in our prisons also puts a strain on federal prisons funded by your tax dollars.
So predictable. Why I'm even responding to you is simply because I'm finishing my after lunch coffee. That and you're so fucking stupid you think those numbers I posted are about immigration?

Listen buddy, it will come to this before long anyway so I'm just gonna go ahead a say fuck off now and get it out of the way. We have zero in common and I don't like you. I won't waste my time talking to your ilk. Don't expect a response.

CrispyCracker

Post by CrispyCracker » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:30 pm

Ginseng, I was addressing the question in the first post about why we're "screwing" with Mexico -- not your endless stream of meaningless stats. So kindly shove the misguided rant up your ass until your throat tickles.

So it's said, messy relations with Mexico make me uneasy, too. I don't want anyone peeing in these hallowed containers before they're shipped my way:

How do you explain to yourself the casual manner in which you threw your life away? -- James Lee Burke