Sad but amusing

User avatar
fallen513
Posts: 3240
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: Sad but amusing

Post by fallen513 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:12 pm

This is why I support abortion. I'd gladly tear a shredded carcass from your mother's womb with a rusty coathanger, in the same dimly lit shitter, at the same truck stop which you were conceived, rather than listen to your horse shit.
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

User avatar
fatman
Posts: 5435
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:17 pm
Location: where the deer and the antelope play

Re: Sad but amusing

Post by fatman » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:57 pm

CrispyCracker wrote: root wad wrote:
“Carl sports a classy skiff”
What makes a skiff “classy", exactly? Pinstripes? Soft chines? Corinthian leather? I’ve just never heard one described that way. Then again, I don’t hang around stuffy wanna-be’s who “keep a classy skiff down in Florida for those times when I’m not summering in Pretentiousdickville.”
you don't have a clue you half-wit bastard. Which proves that your intro was pure bullshit:
CrispyCracker wrote: I've stalked the Drake boards on and off for some time
You don't know a fucking thing about this place. That's a fact.

Here's a line for bookiemitch.au :

You will continue to post on this forum, stirring up monkey shit right and left, claiming that you've weathered worse storms.
You'll post the (occasional) trip report, featuring various species of gear-caught fish, and claim that we're all elitist fuks who have a corner of our garages filled with Zebco's and stinkbait. You'll claim to be wildly successful in your professional life, and that your wife is hawt and your kids are honor students. And that your boat gets wet more than anyone else's.

Your loud mouth will prompt someone to place a bet with you; you will lose, and then back out on paying that debt, claiming that the contest was rigged, or you were "just joking".

At some point, you will be backed into a corner, and actually challenge one of our members to a physical confrontation. The member will accept, name a time and place. You will not show.

Inevitably, you will post a shot of your wife, and the jackals will comment on her worn-out looks and outdated fashion.

And after all of this, you still won't get it.

We'll all still be here, getting together to fish and drink and eat. And you'll still be outside looking in.
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

User avatar
austrotard
Posts: 9998
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:24 am
Location: the austrocity exhibition
Contact:

Re: Sad but amusing

Post by austrotard » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:26 pm

look, I'm not going to read any of this previous nonsense.
I'm just here to tell you that you have been ousted by a bass fisherman that can read. and that's like a drummer that can count to five.

unlucky, mate.
try out again for us next year. we'll keep the red ribbon in your locker.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

User avatar
Redchaser
Posts: 6041
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:01 am
Location: Lafayette, La
Contact:

Re: Sad but amusing

Post by Redchaser » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:40 pm

fatman wrote:
CrispyCracker wrote: root wad wrote:
“Carl sports a classy skiff”
What makes a skiff “classy", exactly? Pinstripes? Soft chines? Corinthian leather? I’ve just never heard one described that way. Then again, I don’t hang around stuffy wanna-be’s who “keep a classy skiff down in Florida for those times when I’m not summering in Pretentiousdickville.”
you don't have a clue you half-wit bastard. Which proves that your intro was pure bullshit:
CrispyCracker wrote: I've stalked the Drake boards on and off for some time
You don't know a fucking thing about this place. That's a fact.

Here's a line for bookiemitch.au :

You will continue to post on this forum, stirring up monkey shit right and left, claiming that you've weathered worse storms.
You'll post the (occasional) trip report, featuring various species of gear-caught fish, and claim that we're all elitist fuks who have a corner of our garages filled with Zebco's and stinkbait. You'll claim to be wildly successful in your professional life, and that your wife is hawt and your kids are honor students. And that your boat gets wet more than anyone else's.

Your loud mouth will prompt someone to place a bet with you; you will lose, and then back out on paying that debt, claiming that the contest was rigged, or you were "just joking".

At some point, you will be backed into a corner, and actually challenge one of our members to a physical confrontation. The member will accept, name a time and place. You will not show.

Inevitably, you will post a shot of your wife, and the jackals will comment on her worn-out looks and outdated fashion.

And after all of this, you still won't get it.

We'll all still be here, getting together to fish and drink and eat. And you'll still be outside looking in.
Fucking prescient man.
Carnac.jpg~c200.jpg
Carnac.jpg~c200.jpg (12.44 KiB) Viewed 576 times
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

User avatar
austrotard
Posts: 9998
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:24 am
Location: the austrocity exhibition
Contact:

Re: Sad but amusing

Post by austrotard » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:51 pm

okay. I read that bit.

that was fucking brutal.
truthfully brutal.

they say you can fuck the drake but you cannae penetrate her.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

User avatar
FormerlyChaseChrome
Posts: 2821
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Sad but amusing

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:02 pm

Because it's a matter of principle you dumb cunt...
Whether it be Obama or Fump


http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/world/trump ... -1.3974941

User avatar
austrotard
Posts: 9998
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:24 am
Location: the austrocity exhibition
Contact:

Re: Sad but amusing

Post by austrotard » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:08 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/ah ... -1.3966724

coulda saved us a lot of time and just said "opposite approach on 'everything they do' ".

just saying. fucking canucks.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

User avatar
FormerlyChaseChrome
Posts: 2821
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Sad but amusing

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:11 pm

One shit hole or another shonny...makes no difference...
Least we get it...

User avatar
austrotard
Posts: 9998
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:24 am
Location: the austrocity exhibition
Contact:

Re: Sad but amusing

Post by austrotard » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:16 pm

ChaseChrome wrote: Least we get it...
and now you get twice as many. lucky fucking you, hey.


I had syrian chicken the other night. now you can as well.
and two servings.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

User avatar
FormerlyChaseChrome
Posts: 2821
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Sad but amusing

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:23 pm

Principles of law and constitution...fuck MISSISSAUGA...

User avatar
T.J. Brayshaw
Posts: 782
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:35 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Re: Sad but amusing

Post by T.J. Brayshaw » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:57 pm

Cato institute, bastion of liberals, arguing that immigration of Muslims to U.S. is the best way to change minds, and therefore combat terrorism:

https://www.cato.org/blog/trump-wrong-m ... l-islamism

User avatar
skullion childs
Posts: 241
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Sad but amusing

Post by skullion childs » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:45 am

Naw, I’ve provided appalling stats re: a murderous ideology that you and others in here inexplicably try to frame as harmless.

Here’s an idea: if you’re gung-ho to let Muslim immigrants in post-haste, clear out a spare room or two and take them in yourself. Maybe you’ll fare better than the two men crucified for smoking cigarettes in Mosul on 2/5. Or the women and children among the 21 killed outside a courthouse by a suicide bomber in Kabul on 2/7. Or the eight aforementioned Red Cross workers murdered yesterday in Jowzjan. Or the four guards who also lost their lives yesterday preventing a massacre of hotel guests in Bosasso. I mean, it'll be a big roll of the dice, but imagine how much street cred you'll have with the man-bun crowd. For your further edification, here’s a list of Islamic terror attacks from the last 30 days that includes an accounting of 1,049 newly dead:
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attac ... ?Yr=Last30.

I'm sure WIngnut can drum up equivalent numbers of murders by Christians and Buddhists. He'll find them right next to the unicorn and Orenthal's innocence.

Of course, new murders are added daily, so check in often. In fact, I suggest that you, Wingnut, Ginseng and the other Muslim apologists make it a point to stop by the linked site weekly, print out pages detailing new Islam-inspired attacks, swab them with some form of lubricant and shove them straight up your asses. Might give you all pause before uttering the words “unfair ban" again.
I haven't waded into this morass because I choose not to spend time thinking about the lunatic ravings of bottomfeeding choads. But I have a few minutes this morning.

It seems to me that there is a thing that is far, far more dangerous than these supposedly dangerous refugees.

That's stupidity.

There's a lot of stupidity on display recently.

Stupidity is tossing around statistics from a clearly biased website as if they're truth. Part of critical thinking is the critical assessment of one's sources of reliable information. Looking at the address of the website (thereligionoftruth.whatever), one can be fairly certain that it's not reliable. Stupidity is assuming that they're reliable. Crass stupidity is throwing them around in an argument with people who know better.

A brief perusal of that site illustrates my point: basically, any crime by a Muslim anywhere in the world (most of which are perpetrated against other Muslims) is because of Islam. Were you to think critically, you'd probably consider the obvious analogy to Christianity or democracy -- but since you're clearly a moron, I'll say it slowly for you: if that's true, than any crime perpetrated in the name of spreading of democracy is because of democracy. And so democracy is evil. Clearly that's not true, so... (I'm assuming even you can finish that sentence. I'm probably assuming too much, I know).

Stupidity is the belief that the mainstream news media is part of a grand left-wing conspiracy (your predictable response to the above). Yeah, they're driven by money and ratings, and they're prone to ignoring the stories at both ends of the spectrum. Again, by analogy, assuming that there is a grand conspiracy is no different than assuming the illuminati are controlling the government.

Stupidity is selling your civil rights (and the norms of civil society) for the illusion of safety. There are those in positions of power who have much to gain by convincing you to give away your rights, and to contravene the checks and balances of power which have served this country and its citizens well for over 200 years. Once you give away those rights you don't get them back easily.

Stupidity is assuming that refugees fleeing the selfsame dangers you mention are the danger.

Stupidity is uncritically believing your initial assertion, that
the vast majority of latter-day terrorist acts are perpetrated by followers of Islam/Allah
Actually, right-wing extremists have killed significantly more Americans since 9/11. And most police forces are far more worried about right-wing extremism than they are about Muslim terrorists. http://www.newsweek.com/2016/02/12/righ ... 22743.html If you don't like Newsweek, you can check any of a dozen other sites. (See? That's how we critically assess information). Plenty of sites skew the data by increasing the number of Americans killed by including US servicemen and women killed serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, but for terrorism experts that's a different thing.

I'm getting sick of wasting time on this, so a few more examples and I'm out.

Stupidity is posting pics of gear-caught fish on a fly fishing forum.

Stupidity is thinking that any attention is good attention. When I was a kid, some neighbors, not good folks, had a working dog that they kept as a housepet. As most folks know, working dogs need a lot of time, and aren't low-maintenance housepets. That dog would regularly destroy stuff, because it knew that it would at least get attention that way; negative attention is still attention. It was a sad situation, but it wasn't the dog's fault. You're far more pathetic, because you should know better.

And last but not least, stupidity is wasting time trying to convince a pathetic stupid person using logic and facts.
"It ain't over 'till the Fatman swims" (The CC)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 81 guests