By fly-chucker
Welcome to the new world order :vomit

Half of the R candidates stated that that they wanted to eliminate the EPA, dept of energy, and the education department. Coming home to roost now I guess.
By fallen513
I don't want to get into an argument about it but do you guys think the EPA has anything to do with the insanely rampant environmental destruction in other countries?
By SLSS
fallen513 wrote:I don't want to get into an argument about it but do you guys think the EPA has anything to do with the insanely rampant environmental destruction in other countries?
US corporations destroy foreign environments because they can't do it here? That sort of thing?
By root wad
Not for long. Don't forget the current administration has determined their ROI sky rockets if those pesky environmental controls just go away.
By fallen513
SLSS wrote:
fallen513 wrote:I don't want to get into an argument about it but do you guys think the EPA has anything to do with the insanely rampant environmental destruction in other countries?
US corporations destroy foreign environments because they can't do it here? That sort of thing?
That's kinda how I feel. Kinda. They just ban it here so they can make dollars on the penny in some shit hole on the other side of the world. Who gives a shit about those kids anyways. It's weird.
By fallen513
If somebody's gonna die from lead poisoning I want it to be my neighbors kids goddamint.
By SLSS
fallen513 wrote:
SLSS wrote:
That's kinda how I feel. Kinda. They just ban it here so they can make dollars on the penny in some shit hole on the other side of the world. Who gives a shit about those kids anyways. It's weird.
Yeah, that's why I think environmental safeguards have to be global. Industrialists don't seem to realize it's all connected. How much can you polite teh shit out of one place before it circulates back elsewhere. Sure it's diluted. For now.

Short sighted assmunches. Like the chosen few are going to go colonize Mars for the good of mankind. Wouldn't want to get in the way of quarterly returns.
By yard4sale
It won't pass. Rookie congressman and too many laws to undo.

What it will do, and was designed to do, is to make us all feel better when they just gut and defund the EPA into oblivion.

It's the Trump way!
By SLSS
yard4sale wrote:…. they just gut and defund the EPA into oblivion.

It's the Trump way!
Republicans have been doing this for decades before trump arrived.
By yard4sale
SLSS wrote:
yard4sale wrote:…. they just gut and defund the EPA into oblivion.

It's the Trump way!
Republicans have been doing this for decades before trump arrived.
It's the way he does it. Straight out of his playbook.

Make outrageous statements (offer)
Shock the shit out of everybody
Give a little bit from said outrageous statement
Get what you wanted and make them feel like you compromised
By Transylwader
The EPA is fucking pathetic. Those assholes are unregulated and are the proverbial Golden child in the enviro reg world. Amazing how quickly the Animas orange up has been forgotten, how about the Dan River Duke fuckshow coal ash spill that STILL hasn't been corrected? In my line of work, they are a calamity, I have seen municipalities toil with them over land disturbance permits, passing the buck on inspecting riparian buffer zones because who cares about a fish kill? So the dealership can pave another 10 football fields and nor even have the decency to put up silt fencing snd have detention ponds and check dams to filter fucking PCBs? 90% of these bureacrats are high school GEDs with fuckall college education. They are not there to protect the environment. They are another govt agency making money from big corporations who have them in their back pocket.
Fuck 'em and feed em pellets :gun

Le sigh. That's okay, Root. I'm no better or worse[…]

ARGENTINA 2020 PART IV

yes.

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

birth control's come a bit late.

Looks like you are having good days on the water m[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine