H.R. 861: Terminate the EPA

T.J. Brayshaw

H.R. 861: Terminate the EPA

Post by T.J. Brayshaw » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:47 am

fly-chucker

Re: H.R. 861: Terminate the EPA

Post by fly-chucker » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:39 pm

Welcome to the new world order :vomit

Half of the R candidates stated that that they wanted to eliminate the EPA, dept of energy, and the education department. Coming home to roost now I guess.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:41 pm

I don't want to get into an argument about it but do you guys think the EPA has anything to do with the insanely rampant environmental destruction in other countries?
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:53 pm

fallen513 wrote:I don't want to get into an argument about it but do you guys think the EPA has anything to do with the insanely rampant environmental destruction in other countries?
US corporations destroy foreign environments because they can't do it here? That sort of thing?
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

root wad

Post by root wad » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:18 pm

Not for long. Don't forget the current administration has determined their ROI sky rockets if those pesky environmental controls just go away.
"A hatchery is what you get 'when you cross a sacred cow with a military base.'" Dr. Bernard Shanks
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:40 pm

SLSS wrote:
fallen513 wrote:I don't want to get into an argument about it but do you guys think the EPA has anything to do with the insanely rampant environmental destruction in other countries?
US corporations destroy foreign environments because they can't do it here? That sort of thing?
That's kinda how I feel. Kinda. They just ban it here so they can make dollars on the penny in some shit hole on the other side of the world. Who gives a shit about those kids anyways. It's weird.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Isn't it TIME?

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:41 pm

If somebody's gonna die from lead poisoning I want it to be my neighbors kids goddamint.

Isn't it TIME?

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:16 pm

fallen513 wrote:
SLSS wrote:
That's kinda how I feel. Kinda. They just ban it here so they can make dollars on the penny in some shit hole on the other side of the world. Who gives a shit about those kids anyways. It's weird.
Yeah, that's why I think environmental safeguards have to be global. Industrialists don't seem to realize it's all connected. How much can you polite teh shit out of one place before it circulates back elsewhere. Sure it's diluted. For now.

Short sighted assmunches. Like the chosen few are going to go colonize Mars for the good of mankind. Wouldn't want to get in the way of quarterly returns.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:30 pm

It won't pass. Rookie congressman and too many laws to undo.

What it will do, and was designed to do, is to make us all feel better when they just gut and defund the EPA into oblivion.

It's the Trump way!
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:48 pm

yard4sale wrote:…. they just gut and defund the EPA into oblivion.

It's the Trump way!
Republicans have been doing this for decades before trump arrived.

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:31 am

SLSS wrote:
yard4sale wrote:…. they just gut and defund the EPA into oblivion.

It's the Trump way!
Republicans have been doing this for decades before trump arrived.
It's the way he does it. Straight out of his playbook.

Make outrageous statements (offer)
Shock the shit out of everybody
Give a little bit from said outrageous statement
Get what you wanted and make them feel like you compromised
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

Transylwader

Post by Transylwader » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:00 am

The EPA is fucking pathetic. Those assholes are unregulated and are the proverbial Golden child in the enviro reg world. Amazing how quickly the Animas orange up has been forgotten, how about the Dan River Duke fuckshow coal ash spill that STILL hasn't been corrected? In my line of work, they are a calamity, I have seen municipalities toil with them over land disturbance permits, passing the buck on inspecting riparian buffer zones because who cares about a fish kill? So the dealership can pave another 10 football fields and nor even have the decency to put up silt fencing snd have detention ponds and check dams to filter fucking PCBs? 90% of these bureacrats are high school GEDs with fuckall college education. They are not there to protect the environment. They are another govt agency making money from big corporations who have them in their back pocket.
Fuck 'em and feed em pellets :gun
knock up a shop owners daughter. drake dudes will send money.