Veterans' Court

befuddled

Veterans' Court

Post by befuddled » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:20 pm

I spoke to my state Rep last week about setting up a Veterans' Court in our county. By this week her legislative aide is already talking to her "drafter" and trying to get a bill framed out.

If any of you know somebody with PTSD and have seen them get in trouble and think they would have been better served getting help than thrown in jail then consider making a call to your legislatures. I literally got the ball rolling on this with a single call. I've got to believe that at least a portion of the 22 vets who commit suicide a day in this country were facing some sort of charges and didn't have any sort of formal system trying to help them.

edited: the least I could have done was spell veteran correctly. dammit
Last edited by befuddled on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513

B.M. Barrelcooker

Re: Vetetans' Court

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:18 pm

:cheer

Good stuff.

I think the "BM" on this mound actually stands for "bowel movement"; one of Franzen's, if I'm not mistaken...

Upsetter

Re: Veterans' Court

Post by Upsetter » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:40 pm

We already have one in all of our big towns here. It's a subsidiary of the drug court, which operates in much the same way. But good looking out. Get one started up in your neck of the woods.

flybug.pa.

Re: Veterans' Court

Post by flybug.pa. » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:22 pm

some of us haven't been arrested yet
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa