Legal Weed

BigTimber

Legal Weed

Post by BigTimber » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:36 am

This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

pbrstreetgang

Re: Legal Weed

Post by pbrstreetgang » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:48 am

hmmm...sounds a lot like the alcoholic beverage industry.
veins full of disappearing ink

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:14 am

It taste better when it's illegal.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:12 am

BigTimber wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:36 am
Interesting read. discuss.... :coffee
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 36010001/?
Dude throws in lots of statistics to make his point, but none of them actually support his case, save for the youth use figure (but he only states the current rate vs other states, leaving out what it was before CO legalized it). He uses lots of vague adjectives to describe a something that sounds bad, but doesn't supply any quantitative info to support it.

He could have cherry-picked this article and made a much stronger case- http://www.factcheck.org/2016/08/unpack ... -colorado/

A more fair and succinct assessment- https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... ashington/
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:13 am

I haven't been down here in a while but i just have to throw my humble opinion out.

These dam cell phones seem to be more addictive and dangerous than the marijuana. They need to be more worried about that.

I think the "BM" on this mound actually stands for "bowel movement"; one of Franzen's, if I'm not mistaken...

Plow

Post by Plow » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:40 pm

The only stats that matter are the tax revenue numbers. If politicians can rationalize keeping cigarettes around they can rationalize anything.

Legalization should be up to the states so businesses’ have somewhere to move.

$156+ million is a rookie number BTW.
Better Reds than dead...

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:11 am

I like the weeds more than the mobiles.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:53 pm

He uses lots of vague adjectives to describe a something that sounds bad, but doesn't supply any quantitative info to support it.

yes, spot on...

I do have concerns about the increased use among teens. I don't think there is any way you can have legal weed, and not have an increase in teen use. That said, right now I'm in the pro-legal camp.

I've known a number of people who have had issues with using it too much, and some have gotten a bit wierd. But fuck, alcoholism is such a bigger issue..

I thought this was interesting. It is fucked up how we will incarcerate people for very long time periods for possession of illegal drugs (when have multiple convictions).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... 2e211f194d
The Drake, at it's best, gets us away from this regurgitated ration of shit that is everywhere you look in Flyfishing. VTNZ

Mad_Mike

Post by Mad_Mike » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:03 am

Seriously??

I don't smoke weed, or do any other drugs.. other than alcohol obviously.. but this is some horse shit.. Poison control calls?? really?? Weed isn't toxic... the amount of THC you'd have to consume to have a harmful effect is astronomical.. down right practically impossible to attain... the increase in calls could be from paranoid potheads.. but there I doubt any of that correllates to ER visits, or actual medical issues from THC consumption..

Tax revenue.. meh... it's a niche product.. therefore a niche tax revenue... but its still 156M you didn't have before.. when did 156M become pocket change??

I bet this is the same guy who lumps pot in with heroine and prescription opioids.. And It wouldn't blow my mind if he also lumped it into that dreaded fear of all tight ass bible thumpers that weed leads to a "deviant" lifestyle.. next thing you know your kid will be curled up in a crack house sucking dick and worshiping satan... all because he smoked that one joint...

This isn't a real article that proves anything... it's an opinion piece from the hard line Christian point of view thats still mad that prohibition was taken away... My dad is a Baptist preacher.. I grew up around this mentality...

Legalize the shit.... unless you can find me actual facts that make it worse than the already legal drugs... Alcohol, Caffeine, and don't forget the ultimate addictive killer that gets you right out of the crib... Sugar... thats right... Sugar.. that shit has killed MILLIONS... but who don't like a little sugar in their tea...
Mad Mike
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. - Hemingway

Leonardo DiCaprio wins at life! - Row vs. Wade

-G-

Post by -G- » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:29 pm

Mad_Mike wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:03 am
I doubt any of that correllates to ER visits, or actual medical issues from THC consumption..
I'll preface this with how I have little to zero problem with the pots but since it became legal in Colorado there's finally some legit scientific research being done. One in a Denver Emergency Department has showed increased visits from adult marijuana users not due to thc consumption but due to neglect of other serious health issues to support their weed consumption.

Which makes no sense bc isn't the mariwanas spose' to cure all those other health problems?

Another study showed a direct correlation of increased ED visits due to marijuana intoxication in teens due to higher THC percentages in today's weed.

Again I have no personal issues with it whatsoever and agree in that we have the right to choose for ourselves what we do to our bodies, and that alcohol is way worse but the bandwagon advocating for legalization because it's the 'mirical drug' and it being 'harmless' is dismissing just as much as the people who are 100% against it.

Science is also the government brainwashing us mannnnn so keep that in mind too.

:cool
Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:11 am

-G- wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:29 pm
Another study showed a direct correlation of increased ED visits due to marijuana intoxication in teens due to higher THC percentages in today's weed.
Guessing you meant ER, but it would be kinda funny if teens were crying to doctors about erectile dysfunction because they're smoking too much to get it up...

(pretty sure that's not how it works...)
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

fishskibum

Post by fishskibum » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:06 pm

"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia