Kneeling, etc

BigCliff

Kneeling, etc

Post by BigCliff » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:52 pm

Rosa wasn't protesting the bus, and Ghandi wasn't protesting the food.

Its about the INJUSTICE.

This ain't that complicated.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

VTNZ

Re: Kneeling, etc

Post by VTNZ » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:58 pm

I think the bar is set real low for what is "complicated" to 'muricans nowadays...

But from this I learned a whole new bunch of facts courtesy of the US Flag Code...I think section 10 but don't hold me to it.

1. The flag shall never be portrayed laid flat....i.e. when the giant flag covers the football field....turns out not so patriotic,but good for a brainwashin'

B. Flag shall not be used for marketing or commercial purposes...i.e. when Budweiser coats their can in the flag, and a guy in a flag shirt and cap buys one....not so patriotic or respectful after all.

There are a host of others too, that are often violated in order to either further gubmint passive messaging, or simple profiteering. :bullshit

Cheetoh Jesus relates: When factoring in a cognitive and linguistic level of a 5th grader, along with the morbid narcissism I think some of his hate of the NFL goes back to the USFL.....remember that? The orange piece of shit was a founder of the USFL...nobody has brought that up yet.

Which makes him a big loser....sad!
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:34 am

This whole thing has opened my eyes to how easily people just say the same shit as their "ruler" without taking a moment to have a thought of their own. It's really not that hard to think about the situation and realize what's right and wrong.

'Murica?
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:09 am

The whole fucking thing is ridiculous, but one of the major things it illustrates to me is how quickly everyone will apply blanket assumptions on individuals or groups simply because they are too dim to understand that most peoples experience and opinions are much more nuanced than than "black and white", "right and wrong" etc.

Example, I do think it's distasteful for the players to use the anthem as their moment of protest, it's certainly within their rights and I don't get too worked up about it because I think eventually "the market" will correct the situation. The NFL will get tired of the controversy, ratings drops etc. and quietly urge the players to do otherwise. That said, even though I don't care for the protest during the anthem, I found President Trumps reaction to be far more distasteful. His comments were unbecoming and beneath the office of the president, but of course we've gotten a bit used to that by now.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:55 am

There was less than 10 guys doing it before the Trumpsterfire kicked in.

I really think its just to distract us from the real bad shit he's doing. 20 tweets about the NFL and just a couple about PR. Notice nobody is talking about the health care fail or environmental roll backs? nope, just the NFL.

By the way, I read its disrespectful to display the flag horizontally. Like they do at teh pre-game shows....
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:04 pm

This is one of the most important and legitimate issues of our time, right up there with the war on Christmas.

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:30 pm

Randall Dee wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:04 pm
This is one of the most important and legitimate issues of our time, right up there with the war on Christmas.
Just as long as he doesn't fuck with Festivus....
festivus-pole.jpg
festivus-pole.jpg (43.48 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:51 pm

More embarrassing than some sportsball players 'disrespecting the flag' are the millions of simpletons that seemingly look up to people being paid millions to catch a ball to care so dog danged much about whether or not they sit or stand for the anthem in the first place.

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:53 pm

Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:51 pm
More embarrassing than some sportsball players 'disrespecting the flag' are the millions of simpletons that seemingly look up to people being paid millions to catch a ball to care so dog danged much about whether or not they sit or stand for the anthem in the first place.
Nice run-on sentence, asshole!

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:20 am

Well said.

It's a free country they can kneel if they want to.

The whole thing is absurdly trivial when you think about whats going on in Texas, South Florida, and our territory in Puerto Rico.

I think the "BM" on this mound actually stands for "bowel movement"; one of Franzen's, if I'm not mistaken...

Obie

Post by Obie » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:42 pm

If they'd only trashed the record of a Vietnam vet and POW or feuded with the family of a dead marine, they'd be fine. But why not hold professional athletes to a higher ethical standard than the President?

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:06 pm

BigCliff wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:52 pm
Rosa wasn't protesting the bus, and Ghandi wasn't protesting the food.

Its about the INJUSTICE.

This ain't that complicated.

what "INJUSTICE", specifically?
III