Tired of winning yet?

BigCliff

Re: Tired of winning yet?

Post by BigCliff » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:16 pm

yard4sale wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:42 pm
How about appointing a federal judge who has zero experience other than being a Trumpsterfire blog fluffer?

"WASHINGTON — Brett Talley, President Trump’s nominee to be a federal judge in Alabama, has never tried a case, was unanimously rated “not qualified” by the American Bar Association’s judicial rating committee, has practiced law for only three years and, as a blogger last year, displayed a degree of partisanship unusual for a judicial nominee, denouncing “Hillary Rotten Clinton” and pledging support for the National Rifle Association."
You missed the really fun part-

"Brett J. Talley, the young lawyer nominated by President Trump for a lifetime federal judgeship in Alabama, was asked by a Senate committee to disclose family members who are likely to present potential conflicts of interest if he is confirmed.

In response, Talley said he would evaluate “real or potential conflict, or relationships that could give rise to appearance of conflict” and recuse himself from cases if necessary, according to a Senate Judiciary Committee questionnaire.

He did not, however, identify any family members — including his wife, who is one of President Trump’s attorneys. Annie Donaldson is White House Counsel Donald F. McGahn II’s chief of staff."

Can't make this shit up.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:46 pm

And here I was thinking he was only inept. That's just half of a Trumpsterfire nominee. You need to be corrupt too.

Today it's a Pharma exec running the HHS. But I'm sure he will lower medical costs and conquer the opioids epidemic. Because Trump right?

At the time I thought DeVos was bad. Then Zinke. I can't even talk about Pruit.

If it was a swamp before what is it now?
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:57 pm

yard4sale wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:46 pm
Dante's Inferno?
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:14 pm

SLSS wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:57 pm
yard4sale wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:46 pm
Dante's Inferno?
Only if it's lit over a water reclamation plant.

Don't read Politico much but this is a good one.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ers-215800

I feel for these people. The US economy has left them behind and opioids have taken over. I'd be mad too.

That said I think the unwillingness to learn new craft, blindness to action vs rhetoric, and the last sentence are the real problem.

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:42 pm

Aww come on guys, this is all such a small price to pay cuz remember what we all learned: " I voted for him cuz she's a bitch..."

Yardicle relates: Read a similar article a few weeks ago about coal miners. They as individuals were mostly refusing to sign up for any and many of the state and federal programs to retrain these folks for new technologies and jobs with an actual future. The programs are there, and yet they live in a false belief the coal is coming back (it isn't), and that somehow if it does, they'll have these decent paying jobs despite cheaper labor sources in other coal producing parts of the world and automation; for the few places coal is still in demand (China/India).

In other news, United Airlines had to cancel flights to New Delhi for a few days in the past week because of spooky poor air quality. :coffee
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:41 pm

Coal is toast.

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:07 pm

Average Joe wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:41 pm
Coal is toast.

Economically yes.

Politically no.

There in lies the problem.

It's easy to bitch and moan about Trumpsterfire but the real problem is the uneducated masses who vote for him out of spite or known false hopes.

I can only hope somebody, fuck, anybody blue red yellow or green steps up and runs on actual solutions to our problems and our fellow Americans see the value in that. I know, keep hitting that pipe...,,

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:09 pm

I'm sure Trump will nominate a bulldog for the people to replace this guy, right? https://www.axios.com/cfpb-director-cor ... 39122.html

Thing is, if Mango Mussolini wanted to gain some credibility back with his base as somebody who's fighting for the little guy against "the man", he could do it with this pick.

I won't hold my breath...
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

Wingnut

Post by Wingnut » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Where can I buy some wanderlust?