Wingnut wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:38 pm
BigTimber wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:44 am
Wingnut wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:23 am
Keep it coming

https://wilderness.org/blog/trump-admin ... onal-parks
It also makes it harder for Asians to clog up the national parks too. I'm fine with paying more if it will alleviate some congestion.
So Yellow is the new Black? Those people clogging your water. Come on man, you have to see the bigotry in that statement. I understand we would all like space to fish as we like but most never walk more than 2 miles from their car.
Yes, I see it, that's why I came out said what everyone is thinking.
It's really a running joke, though. An easy target, if you will.
Blame them for everything.
Ha Ha.
Feel good about yourself. thick fucking sarcasm

The problem is too many people in one geographical area at the same time. Increase the price and either the national park will make more money with the previous attendance numbers or the attendance will decline and ease pressure on the staff and infrastructure and create an overall better experience for those that wish to pay a little extra. Does it have the fragrance of creating a class system for something that was intended to be experienced and enjoyed by all? Yes. But does every fucking slack jawed yokel have to descend upon mother nature at the same time? Totally ignorant and giving zero fucks about respecting it? Maybe an 8 hour short course on etiquette and common sense should be required for entrance?

It shouldn't be a business decision, but when there is limited supply on national park opportunities, and the demand is high for those experiences, the price is going to have to go up until equilibrium is reached.
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

Wingnut

Re: Tired of winning yet?

Post by Wingnut » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:51 am

Fair point BT.

I hate the lack of respect for our parks as much as the next guy/gal. I am tired of packing out trash that isn't mine. The endless trinkets at the gift shops bound for the landfill. The shitheads that are so worried about getting their fucking selfie just right they walk off trail and into the pristine environment they have come to see. So maybe a mandatory stop at the visiter center for a lecture on park rules and enforcing said rules with heavy fines might need to be implemented.

But there are people/families that save their money all year for that one big trip, living pay check to pay check setting aside little bits of money and squeaking home with lust enough money get then to the next pay day. How are they going to be able to justify the budget? We all know wages are not really going up across the board while prices rise.

The next generations of stewards of our public lands are in those crowds. It would be a shame if they can't get in.
Where can I buy some wanderlust?

ChernSlimeRagu

Post by ChernSlimeRagu » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:06 pm

Trump is great for America. Finally someone who has the best interests of the citizens in mind. Let's end the Deep State and Clinton Foundation today. #MAGA

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:25 pm

I like this fella. please stay.
I can freely burn a bible in the street but watch what happens with this koran...

now someone fucking explain that to me.

Wingnut

Post by Wingnut » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:31 pm

fly-chucker

Post by fly-chucker » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:22 am

BREAKING NEWS....

Trump orders plaque on Statue of Liberty changed to "Fuck off we're full!"
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa

Wingnut

Post by Wingnut » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:15 am

fly-chucker wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:22 am
BREAKING NEWS....

Trump orders plaque on Statue of Liberty changed to "Fuck off we're full!"
If it was true it would read, "Fuck off shitholes, were full." yes typo and all.

ChernSlimeRagu

Post by ChernSlimeRagu » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:58 pm

We should dump the shithole states like New York and California. #MAGA

Wingnut

Post by Wingnut » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:08 pm

austrotard wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:25 pm
I like this fella. please stay.
Talking to yourself again Shawnie?

Wingnut

Post by Wingnut » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:41 pm

Keep drinking it up! So much WINNING!!

http://www.ibtimes.com/political-capita ... sche-which

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:57 pm

More than three-quarters of the members of a federally chartered board advising the National Park Service have quit out of frustration that Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke had refused to meet with them or convene a single meeting last year.

The resignation of 10 out of 12 National Park System Advisory Board members leaves the federal government without a functioning body to designate national historic or natural landmarks. It also underscores the extent to which federal advisory bodies have become marginalized under the Trump administration. In May 2017, Zinke suspended all outside committees while his staff reviewed their composition and work.

In a letter to the secretary on Monday, departing board chairman Tony Knowles, a former Alaska governor, wrote that he and eight other members "have stood by waiting for the chance to meet and continue the partnership . . . as prescribed by law." All of the signatories, who serve as unpaid volunteers, had terms set to expire in May.,

"We understand the complexity of transition but our requests to engage have been ignored and the matters on which we wanted to brief the new Department team are clearly not part of its agenda," Knowles wrote. "I wish the National Park System and Service well and will always be dedicated to their success."

On Wednesday, Carolyn "Carrie" Hessler Radelet, the chief executive of Project Concern International, submitted a separate resignation letter. "[F]rom all of the events of this past year I have a profound concern that the mission of stewardship, protection, and advancement of our National Parks has been set aside," wrote Radelet, whose term was not set to expire until 2021. "I hope that future actions of the Department of Interior demonstrate that this is not the case."

In an email earlier this month inquiring about the status of the more than 200 boards that had come under review, Interior spokeswoman Heather Swift said, "Boards have restarted." She did not provide any further details and did not respond to an inquiry Tuesday.

Some advisory bodies apparently are operating. But others are still frozen because the department has yet to approve their updated charters, as is legally required under the Federal Advisory Committee Act. Other panels, such as the Cape Cod National Seashore Advisory Commission, have been reinstated but are still awaiting department approval for their agendas.

Two of the Bureau of Land Management's 38 resource advisory councils (RACs) — Rocky Mountain and Southwest Colorado — had to postpone meetings scheduled for Thursday because their charters were out of date.

"It's concerning that our advisory council has been unable to meet for over a year," said Scott Braden, a member of the Rocky Mountain RAC who is a wilderness and public lands advocate at Conservation Colorado. "Secretary Zinke has said that local input is important for BLM to consider, and yet these councils, which provide just such input, have been sidelined."

Braden added that the council planned to discuss a new management plan for BLM land in eastern Colorado, how to implement fee increases in the region and the problem of homelessness on public lands.

In at least two instances, Zinke has disbanded existing advisory bodies — the Wildlife and Hunting Heritage Conservation Council and the Advisory Committee on Climate Change and Natural Resource Science. He replaced the first one with the Hunting and Shooting Sports Conservation Council, which just started soliciting nominations Jan. 9. It will place a heavier emphasis on sport shooting while promoting hunters' and fishermen's access to public lands.

The National Park System Advisory Board, which was established in 1935, has typically included social and natural science academics as well as former elected officials from both parties. In recent years, it has advised Interior on how to address climate change, among other issues, and how to encourage younger visitors to frequent the parks.

The board is required to meet twice a year but has not convened since Trump took office last January, Knowles said Tuesday. Members, most of whom have worked together for seven years, were surprised to not be consulted on Interior's recent decisions to increase visitor fees and reverse a ban on plastic water bottles in the park system. The decision to reverse climate change directives and other policies drove the decision to resign, he said.

"We were frozen out," said Knowles, who emphasized that the group recognized Zinke would select new members this year but wanted "the momentum to continue" from what the board accomplished in 2016 during the park system's centennial year.

Gretchen Long, a board member from Wilson, Wyo., said in an email that the nine board members resigned given the administration's seeming attitude that the group's work "could be so summarily dismissed. . . . And we worry greatly that the new initiatives incorporated in the [National Park System] are now being rescinded."

The two remaining board members are Harvard University public finance professor Linda Bilmes and University of Maryland marine science professor Rita Colwell, whose terms end in May. In an email, Bilmes said she did not resign her post because she is conducting research with other colleagues that is funded by the National Park Foundation and wants to complete her project.

Since the Interior secretary cannot establish new historical and natural landmarks without the board's approval, none has been declared since Jan. 11, 2016, when then-Secretary Sally Jewell designated 24 such landmarks.

The board members' action comes as one of Zinke's top deputies, Doug Domenech, assistant secretary for insular areas, plans to move into the Washington offices that the National Park Service has occupied for half a century. NPS will be relocated elsewhere in the building, according to individuals briefed on the plans.

Zinke has identified repairing the park system's aging infrastructure as one of his top priorities, though he has yet to nominate a National Park Service director.

Washington Sen. Maria Cantwell, the top Democrat on the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Commitee, questioned why Zinke has yet to nominate a director and urged him to solicit more outside opinion on how he manages national parks. "I call on Secretary Zinke to personally reach out to each member of the National Park Service Advisory Board and tell them their counsel is valued and that this administration respects local voices," she said in a statement late Tuesday.

The Coalition to Protect America's National Parks, which is made up of current, former and retired Park Service staff, sharply criticized the secretary's treatment of the long-standing board.

"This discourteous and disrespectful treatment of the board is inexcusable and, unfortunately, consistent with a decidedly anti-park pattern demonstrated by Secretary Zinke's department," coalition chair Phil Francis said. "We keep waiting for a pro-park agenda to emerge, but we are now convinced we are waiting in vain."
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW