Tired of winning yet?

Wingnut

Tired of winning yet?

Post by Wingnut » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:37 am

The following bills have been introduced in the House of Representatives:
1. HR 861 to Terminate the Environmental Protection Agency (Like to breathe? This one is not for you.)
2. HR 610 - Vouchers for Public Education (which may end free public education as we know it)
3. HR 899 to Terminate the Department of Education (which may lead to greater disparity between states but nobody who uses public education ever moves so it's all good)
4. HR 69 to Repeal the Rule Protecting Wildlife (nobody likes nature anyway, right?)
5. HR 370 to Repeal the Affordable Care Act (didn't we already try this umpteen times?)
6. HR 354 to De-fund Planned Parenthood (because exactly none of your tax dollars go toward abortion services)
7. HR 785 - National "Right to Work" (this one is actually a 'Right to fire you whenever your boss feels like it" law, and it would effectively end unions)
8. HR 83 - Mobilizing Against Sanctuary Cities Bill (California should just secede now and take all its money)
9. HR 147 to Criminalize Abortion (“Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act”) (because these private decisions should be made by your legislator and employer)
10. HR 808 to Impose Sanctions Against Iran (even though they are in compliance with the agreement according to those in the know)”
Where can I buy some wanderlust?

yard4sale

Re: Tired of winning yet?

Post by yard4sale » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:52 pm

I'm not tired, I'm plum worn out!
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:01 am

I'm pooped I tell you.
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:28 pm

think of all the money you're saving supporting the retards among you that allowed this to happen.

win/win/lose
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

Plow

Post by Plow » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:52 pm

I can see from that list that you hate hunters, inner city kids and workers and favor law-breaking illegals and Iran getting nukes. I can also see you’re prone to snowflake hysteria because some of those bills don't have a snowball’s chance in hell of passing.

Never get tired of America winning...
Better Reds than dead...

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:19 pm

shit. all this time I was reading whining.

you lot should be concentrating on other things like the new 'orange and black day'.
you bunch of fucking muppets.

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:59 pm

Trump is the most bigly snowflake of all time.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

Wingnut

Post by Wingnut » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:19 am

"When comparing criminal indictments of those serving in the executive branch of presidential administrations, it’s so lopsided as to be ridiculous. Yet all I ever hear about is how supposedly “corrupt” the Democrats are. So why don’t we break it down by president and the numbers?
Obama (D) – 8 yrs in office. Zero criminal indictments, zero convictions and zero prison sentences. So the next time somebody describes the Obama administration as “scandal free” they aren’t speaking wishfully, they’re simply telling the truth.
Bush, George W. (R) – 8 yrs in office. 16 criminal indictments. 16 convictions. 9 prison sentences.
Clinton (D) – 8 yrs in office. 2 criminal indictments. One conviction. One prison sentence. That’s right nearly 8 yrs of investigations. Tens of millions spent and 30 yrs of claiming them the most corrupt ever and there was exactly one person convicted of a crime.
Bush, George H. W. (R) – 4 yrs in office. One indictment. One conviction. One prison sentence.
Reagan (R) – 8 yrs in office. 26 criminal indictments. 16 convictions. 8 prison sentences.
Carter (D) – 4 yrs in office. One indictment. Zero convictions and zero prison sentences.
Ford (R) – 4 yrs in office. One indictment and one conviction. One prison sentence.
Nixon (R) – 6 yrs in office. 76 criminal indictments. 55 convictions. 15 prison sentences.
Johnson (D) – 5 yrs in office. Zero indictments. Zero convictions. Zero prison sentences.
So, let’s see where that leaves us. In the last 53 years, Democrats have been in the Oval Office for 25 of those years, while Republicans held it for 28. In their 25 yrs in office Democrats had a total of three executive branch officials indicted with one conviction and one prison sentence. That’s one whole executive branch official convicted of a crime in two and a half decades of Democrat leadership.
In the 28 yrs that Republicans have held office over the last 53 yrs they have had a total of (a drum roll would be more than appropriate), 120 criminal indictments of executive branch officials. 89 criminal convictions and 34 prison sentences handed down. That’s more prison sentences than years in office since 1968 for Republicans. If you want to count articles of impeachment as indictments (they aren’t really but we can count them as an action), both sides get one more. However, Clinton wasn’t found guilty while Nixon resigned and was pardoned by Ford (and a pardon carries with it a legal admission of guilt on the part of the pardoned). So those only serve to make Republicans look even worse.
With everything going on with Trump and his people right now, it’s a safe bet Republicans are gonna be padding their numbers a bit real soon.
So let’s just go over the numbers one more time, shall we? 120 indictments for Republicans. 89 convictions, and 34 prison sentences. Those aren’t “feelings” or “alternate facts.” Those are simply the stats by the numbers. Republicans are, and have been for my entire lifetime, the most criminally corrupt party to hold the office of the presidency."

Interesting numbers.....

Wingnut

Post by Wingnut » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:14 pm

"Trump repeals consumer arbitration rule, wins banker praise.

President Trump on Wednesday signed a repeal of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (CFPB) rule on forced arbitration, winning praise from banking and business groups.

Trump approved the resolution to repeal the CFPB rule, meant to prevent banks and credit card companies from blocking customers from joining class-action lawsuits against them, in a private Oval Office signing.

The House passed a resolution to repeal the rule in July, which passed the Senate two weeks ago.

Trump was joined by the heads of several banking lobbying groups that opposed the CFPB rule, contending it would kill cheaper options for consumers while enriching trial lawyers.
The chiefs of the Consumer Bankers Association, Independent Community Bankers of America, National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions and several other groups attended the signing.

The arbitration rule repeal is a major victory for finance and business groups, which promised to fight the measure soon after it was released in July. Critics say the rule went too far in restricting arbitration based on a CFPB study they consider flawed and misleading.

“Arbitration is a well-established and tested process that offers better results for consumers and helps avoid frivolous class-action suits,” said Independent Community Bankers of America President Camden Fine.

“[Independent Community Bankers of America] thanks the president for swiftly signing this measure into law because it preserves community banks’ contractual right to pursue fair and timely resolution through arbitration and avoid prohibitively expensive and protracted litigation.”

Richard Hunt, Consumer Bankers Association president and CEO, said the arbitration rule “was about protecting trial lawyers and their wallets,” praising Trump and Congress for ensuring “consumers have the necessary tools to receive relief without going through drawn-out class action proceedings.”

Dan Berger, National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions president and CEO, said the group "was honored to have been invited to the White House to watch the undoing of a rule that likely would have had negative effects on the credit union industry."

Democrats and the CFPB criticized Trump, claiming he sides with banks over consumers. They’ve long called for action on forced arbitration, which they say denies fraud victims basic legal rights, and the CFPB rule was the most ambitious effort to regulate the practice.

CFPB Director Richard Cordray said “in signing this resolution, the president signed away consumers’ right to their day in court."

"This action tips the scales of justice in favor of Wall Street banks less than 10 years after they caused the financial crisis," said Cordray, who asked Trump on Monday to spare the rule. "By blocking our arbitration rule, this action makes it nearly impossible for ordinary people to stand up for themselves against corporate giants like Wells Fargo and Equifax.

"Now more than ever, it is critical that the Consumer Bureau remain a strong check on financial companies," he said.

Better Markets, a nonprofit aligned with the CFPB, said, “Today, the Trump administration and Republicans in Congress have made it clear, they are on the side of Wall Street banks not Main Street consumers."

Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) called Trump’s repeal “a disgrace,” tweeting that “If [Trump] cared about working people he'd veto this swampy legislation.”

More winning!

Wingnut

Post by Wingnut » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:02 am

Want some more!?

The Trump administration said Thursday it would exit an international effort to fight corruption that targeted revenue from oil and natural gas extraction.

The U.S. will no longer participate in the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI), a global initiative that requires member nations to disclose their revenues from oil, gas and mining assets, according to Reuters.

Under the agreement, the U.S. was required to reveal all the revenue it received from oil, gas and mining companies, and required those companies to publicly disclose the payments they make to the U.S. and other governments.

Gregory Gould, director of the U.S. Office of Natural Resources Revenue, sent a letter to the EITI's board on Thursday announcing that the U.S. would exit the agreement “effective immediately."

“It is clear that domestic implementation of EITI does not fully account for the U.S. legal framework," Gould wrote in his letter.

Democrats and nonprofits ripped the move as a sign that the Trump administration was choosing big business over transparency.

“It’s very disappointing. It sends such a terrible signal overseas for what we stand for," an adviser at the Natural Resource Governance Institute told Reuters.

The U.S. joined the agreement in 2011 after a joint effort from Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md.) and former Sen. Richard Lugar (R-Ind.).

The two issued a joint statement on Thursday calling the move to exit the agreement an example of “Big Oil and Gas’ money and influence” and “a painful abdication of American leadership on transparency and good governance.”

“This is a disappointing, backwards step," EITI's board chair, Fredrik Reinfeldt, said in a statement.

“The EITI is making important gains in global efforts to address corruption and illicit financial flows. It’s important that resource-rich countries like the United States lead by example.”

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:16 pm

But with notorious piece of shit, mental midget and all around douchebag former Gov. of "I wanna secede when I don't get my way" Rick Perry now being head of the Dept of Energy....what could possibly go wrong????

"Energy exploration in Africa will reduce the amount of sexual assaults there...." - Guy who wears smarty glasses cuz he needs all da help he can get.

Oh, right....yea....uh...never mind....back to being an international laughingstock....nothing to see here.... :coffee
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:28 pm

yeah... but at least you're only a laughing stock six months of the year, t dodger.

:cool