yard4sale

Re: Tired of winning yet?

Post by yard4sale » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:25 pm

austrotard wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:07 pm
questions:

so what are you going to do about it?
and what have you done thus far?

I don't remember any wars won with cut and paste, mate.

austrotard wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:44 am

spoiler: the correct answer is who the fuck cares.
Keep a fact based conversation about how Trumpsterfire and the GOP are destroying both the constitution and the environment going through the mid terms. Win the house and maybe the senate. Impeach twittler. Obstruct until 2020. Basically steal the GOP playbook.

If you don’t care why do you keep posting let alone clicking on this thread. Surely you can let one go by without posting. Or maybe not....
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:44 pm

so you haven't done anything in a year then.

and you made me post this.
all of this is your fault.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:44 pm

yard4sale wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:20 pm
Hey Upsetter, I hope you cashed out on Monday because that 401K isn’t looking the same now.
I was 75% out of equities by market open Monday. Everything I could move without a transaction fee. The correction was caused by the fed interest rate news. Waiting for the bottom to jump back in...likely next week. I appreciate your concern though.

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:38 pm

You got yours then.

Tells me everything I need to know about you.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:04 pm

And the fact that you deride me for doing what I need to do in order to be a successful provider for my family in these great United States of America tells all of us everything we need to know about you. Move to Venezuela why don't you? I bet the flats fishing is the tits!

421sd

Post by 421sd » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:11 am

yard4sale wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:20 pm
Hey Upsetter, I hope you cashed out on Monday because that 401K isn’t looking the same now.
Political points/statements based on market blips — not advisable — neither is moving your assets. I'm still in at least 15 years before adjustments will be made for retirement....If my dashing lifestyle allows me to live that long. Ha!

Substantial recent bourbon enjoyment may render these statements nonsensical (but I don't think so).

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:36 am

we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:07 am

I like how some you were giving trump all the credit for the stock market right before this tumble. Fukn classic.

Plow

Post by Plow » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:23 pm

Randall Dee wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:07 am
I like how some you were giving trump all the credit for the stock market right before this tumble. Fukn classic.
You know the stock market does this from time to time not just when trump is president. And besides the "trump" rally has another 6000 points to loose to break even from all "his" gains. Personally, I'd like to see another bad day or three before getting back in. Looks like I won't get my wish, fukn trump!

All a president can do for the markets is provide a solid footing for growth (for business and jobs) and give them a warm and fuzzy he won't try to regulate them out of business or jobs. Markets/business/jobs love them some certainty for sure.

By all accounts he doing just that and that's why the market popped the day after he was elected (or should I say the day after the dimms lost).
Better Reds than dead...

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:09 pm

Maybe a little review of history is relevant....

https://real-economics.blogspot.com/201 ... e.html?m=1

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:34 am

This:

"If you look under the hood of the industrial economy, you can see why there is this counter-intuitive relationship between tax rates and economic growth . With high taxes, the only way to retain the bulk of the wealth created by a business is by reinvesting it in the business -- in plants, equipment, staff, research and development, new products and all the rest. But if tax rates are low, then there is more incentive to pull the wealth out, by declaring it as profits that are taxed at what turns out to be too low a rate. In other words, low taxes create an incentive for profit taking, not for business expansion and capital investment.

This in turn creates an incentive for short-term horizons in business planning. If you’re going to be taking all the profits out of a company, and take home a few million a year, why bother to reinvest anything in the business? You’re going to be rich, and never have to work again, even if the business goes bust. Or gets packed on a boat and shipped to China. Or goes "virtual" and lets all the hard work, like, you know, actually making something, be done by the lowest bidder. Employees? Don’t need them.

But employees are also customers. If enough businesses "take profits", after some length of time, the former employees also become former customers. Meaning, they stop buying. As economists phrase it, the economy's aggregate demand generation is crippled. From examining the effects of the three Republican tax cut experiments this past century, it appears the length of time for this to happen is five to seven years.

If tax rates are high enough to discourage profit taking, the best way for investors and owners to keep the profits created by a business, is to invest those profits back into the business: buying new plant and equipment that will be used for many years, and hiring and training new employees. This in turn pushes businesses toward longer-term planning, beginning to counteract the infamous quarter-to-quarter short term fixation of the financial markets. And you do not get the absurd situation you have now, where companies are posting record breaking profits, but are not buying new equipment, nor hiring new employees.

Low tax rates encourage taking wealth out of industrial companies; the wealth taken out must then be "put to work." That means more money chasing "investment" opportunities (instead of real investment in capital goods and employees), leading to price increases in financial capital or real estate or some other asset. In other words, an asset bubble. The rise in prices of an asset bubble has nothing to do with the creation of real wealth. It all looks like prosperity—until the asset bubble bursts."

Fucksakes, even I know that if you cut the tax rate on corporations, they aren't going to re-invest it, they're going to take the money home for themselves as described above.
I have no problem paying my taxes, high or low, it's what's done with the money that appalls me.
:vomit
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

RockinDaddyNotFromTN

Post by RockinDaddyNotFromTN » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:06 am

Plow wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:23 pm
Randall Dee wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:07 am
You know the stock market does this from time to time not just when trump is president. And besides the "trump" rally has another 6000 points to loose to break even from all "his" gains. Personally, I'd like to see another bad day or three before getting back in. Looks like I won't get my wish, fukn trump!

All a president can do for the markets is provide a solid footing for growth (for business and jobs) and give them a warm and fuzzy he won't try to regulate them out of business or jobs. Markets/business/jobs love them some certainty for sure.

By all accounts he doing just that and that's why the market popped the day after he was elected (or should I say the day after the dimms lost).
It took you 131 words to say: "Market's to blame when it goes down, Trump when it goes up."