This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Crick Addict
I'm planning my annual western pilgrimage,this year I'm going late Sept-early Oct. I've narrowed it down to 7-8 days on the Missouri,fly into Grt Falls, or fly into Telluride,Co and fish the San Miguel,Dolores,etc.n Which one would y'all choose?
By dunk
I'd fly into Prague - enjoy the fresh Staroprammen and hit Goldfingers (have the waitress help you hand select the girls for your tabletop lesbian show), Captain Nemo's (do the private shower show), and the one a block off the charles bridge on a side street (can't remember the name even though I've visited a few times over the years but worth it for the Makita show - a true tribute to America!).When you're done refining your czech nymphing, take a very short flight to Bratislava and fish. I went with local friends when I lived in Praha but there are guide services around - just google it.If you're still horny, do stopover in Moscow.Hope you like VodkaFuck - I really need to go fishing...

<small>[ May 22, 2007, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: dunk ]</small>
By Rusty Hook
You want to know whether to spend your vacation in Great Falls or Telluride???You do need some time off. :coffee:
By Dave M
Since the Missouri is (probably) my favorite river on the planet...that would be the proverbial "no brainer" for me. As always, YMMV.......Dave Mn PS I go earlier for the heart of the Trikes...but SSept/Oct should still be fine....
Originally posted by dunk:n I'd fly into Prague - enjoy the fresh Staroprammen and hit Goldfingers (have the waitress help you hand select the girls for your tabletop lesbian show), Captain Nemo's (do the private shower show), and the one a block off the charles bridge on a side street (can't remember the name even though I've visited a few times over the years but worth it for the Makita show - a true tribute to America!).When you're done refining your czech nymphing, take a very short flight to Bratislava and fish. I went with local friends when I lived in Praha but there are guide services around - just google it.If you're still horny, do stopover in Moscow.Hope you like VodkaFuck - I really need to go fishing...
I actually did that trip last year,it was a blast.n You suck!
Really depends on what kind of fishing you want to do to. Big tailwater fishing, or smaller freestones and some tailwater. I don't really know what else is available in the immediate vicinity of Great Falls, but Telluride has the Miguel, the Dolores, the Umcompaghre, some smaller creeks and some really fine lakes too.Plus, on a scenic level, there is absolutely no comparison. San Juans are maybe the most beautiful mountain range going...
By steelhyde
If you are going for big fish, go to Montana.If you are going for pretty rivers without dams, go to Telle.I worked construction in Telluride for a summer in college. Like coloradicus said, the San Juans are the best mountains in the lower 48. Only the Tetons come close in terms of beauty.
By bigtj
The problem with your chosen destinations are the complete lack of steelhead. If you had to decide between the Skeena and the Umpqua I could help but otherwise you are on your own.Just kidding of course...have a blast you can't go wrong. :roll:
By steelhyde
Originally posted by stonedfly:n Go to the Mo.
The more I think about this, I am agreeing that the Mo is a better choice. Fish are gonna start looking for big streamers, you may find a few baetis, and hell, the Craig bar rocks.I think you might find problems with water levels on the Miguel and Delores come Sept. If you do go out there though, roll through Norwood and stop in the Hitch n' Post. Top quality cowboy bar.
Rock curry

That was a fantastic TR. Much of it hit home,[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Traffic Light Cormorant https://live.staticf[…]

whatcha tying?

Lando you caught the bug big time, been enjoying s[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

July 9, 2020 #29 $101/6 = $16.83 Gas $2.09 […]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine