kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
By P-A
Welcome back Heero!! If you are going to norway tie upp some micro sunrays with a
wing lenght of 1,5-2 inches on a plastic tubes with a tungsten bead as weight behind
the goat hair. Best got damn salmo fly ever. :smile

You stuff look mighty fine also Nick, those to would get totally slain
by the big pikes up here in ultima thule.
:cool :cool
By nympho
DEET's flies kick ass and I'm always 2 weeks late catching them. DEET, feel free to PM me the directions on your woolhead posted here. It actually looks more like EP fibers than wool. But I like the volume created, and what appears to be a pretty simple tie
By flybug.pa.
badcop wrote:Something for the whitebait feeders to think about.
Twinbait.JPG
Wish I still had that damn badger pelt left:coffee
By NeedmoreDEET
Badcop, SD, and Heero - nice stuff
:cheer
NICH wrote:I've been dreaming of large toothy bastards...This one is about 9-10'' long so not real huge.
Cool! Is this thing a tandem? Look like it due to the length.
By NICH
NeedmoreDEET wrote:Badcop, SD, and Heero - nice stuff
:cheer
NICH wrote:I've been dreaming of large toothy bastards...This one is about 9-10'' long so not real huge.
Cool! Is this thing a tandem? Look like it due to the length.
I secured a 100 LB loop of braided steel core line to the shank through the eye and Zap-A-Gap it. That way I can loop a stinger hook on or take it off while fishing. These are prototype flies for this spring so we'll see how they work (Hopefully in a couple weeks). I've haven't had a problem so far with missing them on a short shank hook but I've also never fished a fly this long...
By FlyFish2
I have a couple of 10", 12" and one 15" fly I use for muskie fishing. In my case i never need a tandem hook, if the muskie is going to take the fly well he is going to take the whole thing. And casting them is not too bad along as there is little to no rabbit fur on it. A 10" fly with rabbit fur running the body is deadly. My friend has a fly like that and uses a 12 wt to cast it. I am currently working on a fly that will set the hook further back will be 9" long with the hook half way down around 4-5" range. It will also have a bit of a rattle to it. The prototype I designed last year was destroyed by a muskie within the first 10 casts of using it.
By Overcast
Something from the past.
Attachments:
P3110225.JPG
P3110225.JPG (93.32 KiB) Viewed 2086 times
Last edited by Overcast on Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Overcast
Laugh away, it looks like a car wreck or something that my 4-H group wrapped up, but this case caddis pattern is very effective.

Materials

Hook: Tiemco 5262 size 10-16 or any 2X long standard nymph hook
Thread: Gray 8/0 [or 14/0 Gordon Griffith for Glista or better.]
Butt: Synthetic Caddis green [singe with that lighter, you use so frequently.....cough]
Legs: Mallard Flank [see below for correct length]
Body: Dark or Natural Hare's Ear.[dubbed loosely like your X] with the taper reverse of most dries.
Tippett: 3X with over hand Knot [optinal] for attaching split shot, and yes I thought the same thing......... really. The trout just don't give a fuck.
Attachments:
Case Caddis.JPG
Voted ugliest Fly of the Month
Case Caddis.JPG (73.97 KiB) Viewed 2084 times
By Overcast
Alaska Sea-Ducer
Attachments:
P3120028.JPG
P3120028.JPG (77.29 KiB) Viewed 2008 times
By NeedmoreDEET
I always enjoy checking in here to see the kinds of things everyone else ties and fishes. That cased caddis is neat, I thought WTF when I first saw the knotted mono, but it makes sense...
Overcast wrote:Alaska Sea-Ducer
Yum!

FYI - If you put the eyes closer to the middle of the shank and palmer around them, you get a little different action. The fly "shimmies" in more of a horizontal profile, than the "jigging" action you get with the eyes up front.
By P-A
That seaducer looks mighty fine outcast. :cool
I have been tying big trout flies for a friend, sealf fur and elk sculpins zonkers
on size 1 and 1/0 salmohooks. Takes on this flies in fast currents
are furrious.(only 2 months left now!!) Next are some emerger a la spiders.
:smile :cool :smile
Attachments:
IMG_0959.jpg
IMG_0959.jpg (87.55 KiB) Viewed 1993 times
IMG_1003.jpg
IMG_1003.jpg (108.08 KiB) Viewed 1993 times
whatcha tying?

now there's a pretty thing

Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

bump - ScottP's thread is stupid

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Mrs. Simpson https://live.staticflickr.com/6[…]