Ft Hood

Spudnik

Re: Ft Hood

Post by Spudnik » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:24 pm

BigCliff wrote:
LTD wrote:I realize that this map has left out a few other places that could go as well, but this might work too.
Meathead Exhibit A
Funny, but I get the feeling there are a few people over there that would love to see a map of the US look like that. Then again, now that Obama is prez, the world is automatically going to like us better. Thats at least what a lot of my peers thought when they voted for him...
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:30 pm

Spudnik wrote:
BigCliff wrote:
LTD wrote:I realize that this map has left out a few other places that could go as well, but this might work too.
Meathead Exhibit A
Funny, but I get the feeling there are a few people over there that would love to see a map of the US look like that. Then again, now that Obama is prez, the world is automatically going to like us better. Thats at least what a lot of my peers thought when they voted for him...
Angry Muslims can be meatheads too. In fact, I'd bet most terrorists are either meatheads or nutjobs who just want to think their chosen method of suicide makes them important. The latter seems to apply to the Finnish nut.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:49 am

BigCliff wrote: Angry Muslims can be meatheads too. In fact, I'd bet most terrorists are either meatheads or nutjobs who just want to think their chosen method of suicide makes them important.
Thats funny. I'm more inclined to believe that the terrorist groups who do actally pose a threat to Americans are well-organized idealists that understand how to use propaganda and the resources available to them to recruit and train deadly terrorists. How soon we forget what they pulled off in 2001, huh? Just a bunch of meatheads and nutjobs? Not so much.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:24 pm

Spudnik wrote:
BigCliff wrote: Angry Muslims can be meatheads too. In fact, I'd bet most terrorists are either meatheads or nutjobs who just want to think their chosen method of suicide makes them important.
Thats funny. I'm more inclined to believe that the terrorist groups who do actally pose a threat to Americans are well-organized idealists that understand how to use propaganda and the resources available to them to recruit and train deadly terrorists. How soon we forget what they pulled off in 2001, huh? Just a bunch of meatheads and nutjobs? Not so much.
Spud, pay attention. If you're gonna argue with my point, at least try speaking to what I've actually said.

This-
I'm more inclined to believe that the terrorist groups who do actally pose a threat to Americans are well-organized idealists that understand how to use propaganda and the resources available to them to recruit and train deadly terrorists.
is exactly right.

Thing is, most terrorists aren't "well-organized idealists that understand how to use propaganda and the resources available" and thus don't "actally pose a threat to Americans". (Those using IED's to kill our troops are the exception, but I didn't get the impression that you were referring to tactics in a war zone.) Most of them can't afford to get here or figure out how to penetrate our security measures, and thank God for that. They're suckers who buy into crap fed to them by manipulative ideologues who aren't willing to shed their own blood for the cause. My point was that the reason they're suckers is because they're either suicidal or stupid.

The one's that hit us on 9/11 were obviously much better at achieving their goals than most, and we're all lucky that they represent the exception, not the rule.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.