Photo Contest Comments: The One That Got Away

Monthly photo contests will be the feature of this forum. Discussions of photographic techniques, gear, software, etc will (hopefully) discussed here.
fullwells

Re: Photo Contest Comments: The One That Got Away

Post by fullwells » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:25 pm

the link goes to the TFO tvk praise page,not contest rules or description. :coffee

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:45 pm

It would be cool if there were no rules and no category for the pictures. Just send pictures of whatever in. I might go to the dentist and get some macros of peoples gingivitis
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

Articulated Trico

Post by Articulated Trico » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:35 pm

Might be cooler if it didn't involve someone that has a banner ad on the top of page and who is a regular advertiser on the Drake. Just a back door marketing campaign!
Looks like the Drake is on the accelerated commercial path of lacking the creativity and imagination that makes it unique! Sure they help pay the bills but they need you more than the Drake needs them
Just a sneer and a jab !
"them books is wrong"

"The universe shaped exactly like the earth if you go straight long enough you will end up where you were"

"Opinions were like kittens always giving them away"

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Maybe I am a dumbass, but is there an explanation of what "The One That Got Away" even means? The "details" page is a glorified advertisement for TFO. Which I get that they are the sponsor, but how in the hell do you capture the essence of "The one that got away"? I mean, if it got away... how in the hell do you take a picture of it? Do they want a bunch of pictures of people standing on the bow of their boat with a slack line across the water, complete with look of disgust? Do you want PowderButtMonkey to send you pics of his exes holding pink salmon?

Some details on the what rights the photographer is giving up for their chance of winning a rod would be nice as well. Do all submitted pictures become property of TFO and usable, or only the winning one? If so, is it one time use or in perpetuity?

There are zero details for this.... :coffee
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

Pancho Rancho

Post by Pancho Rancho » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:59 pm

Woolybug25 wrote:Maybe I am a dumbass, but is there an explanation of what "The One That Got Away" even means? The "details" page is a glorified advertisement for TFO. Which I get that they are the sponsor, but how in the hell do you capture the essence of "The one that got away"? I mean, if it got away... how in the hell do you take a picture of it? Do they want a bunch of pictures of people standing on the bow of their boat with a slack line across the water, complete with look of disgust? Do you want PowderButtMonkey to send you pics of his exes holding pink salmon?

Some details on the what rights the photographer is giving up for their chance of winning a rod would be nice as well. Do all submitted pictures become property of TFO and usable, or only the winning one? If so, is it one time use or in perpetuity?

all canon 2010 433.JPG
all canon 2010 433.JPG (48.82 KiB) Viewed 4035 times
Fuck 'em and feed 'em fish

Oh, and nice fishes. Randall Dee

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:02 pm

Pancho Rancho wrote:
Woolybug25 wrote:Maybe I am a dumbass, but is there an explanation of what "The One That Got Away" even means? The "details" page is a glorified advertisement for TFO. Which I get that they are the sponsor, but how in the hell do you capture the essence of "The one that got away"? I mean, if it got away... how in the hell do you take a picture of it? Do they want a bunch of pictures of people standing on the bow of their boat with a slack line across the water, complete with look of disgust? Do you want PowderButtMonkey to send you pics of his exes holding pink salmon?

all canon 2010 433.JPG
I don't see any watermarks... I am stealing it, entering it and running away with my TFO rod... :cool
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

Pancho Rancho

Post by Pancho Rancho » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:44 pm

The Denver office law staff of the SOBF Academy of Advanced Photography, Dance and Plumbing (SOBFAAPDP) will be all over your ass. That tuffo is mine.

Pancho "Smithhammer" Rancho

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:04 pm

SanchoPancho- that pic's pretty much beggin Raffa for a little photochop ad-on.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

DeadRatsClacker

Post by DeadRatsClacker » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:37 pm

i win
Stovetop wrote:If you tip a stripper with coupons then you will get thrown out of the strip club.
Mad_Mike wrote:I don't care if your boning nemo.... my comments still stand...

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:56 pm

so here's the deal. since tfo didn't give us any details i say this-
A) DRC wins, as his is premium in everyway

B) there is now a new contest, for paint/photochop in which RFA is NOT allowed to participate, he'll judge. you take sancho panzas picture and photochop it to your hearts desire, and enter your masterpiece to be judged under RFAs cunning and skilled- make that keen- eye. who he chooses as winner will then buy a hoodie and a tfo flyrod to send to smiffhammer Gapers pimp will retain rights to all the imagages submitted for a long fucking time- infact since i like the word- perpetuity....
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:59 pm

jhnnythndr wrote:so here's the deal. since tfo didn't give us any details i say this-
A) DRC wins, as his is premium in everyway

B) there is now a new contest, for paint/photochop in which RFA is NOT allowed to participate, he'll judge. you take sancho panzas picture and photochop it to your hearts desire, and enter your masterpiece to be judged under RFAs cunning and skilled- make that keen- eye. who he chooses as winner will then buy a hoodie and a tfo flyrod to send to smiffhammer Gapers pimp will retain rights to all the imagages submitted for a long fucking time- infact since i like the word- perpetuity....
Smiff - send your address.... I think I won...

Pancho Rancho

Post by Pancho Rancho » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:51 am

I wake up and 6 inches of my tallywacker has been lopped off and it has turned a sickly shade of orange. I hate it when that happens.