Monthly photo contests will be the feature of this forum. Discussions of photographic techniques, gear, software, etc will (hopefully) discussed here.
It would be cool if there were no rules and no category for the pictures. Just send pictures of whatever in. I might go to the dentist and get some macros of peoples gingivitis
Might be cooler if it didn't involve someone that has a banner ad on the top of page and who is a regular advertiser on the Drake. Just a back door marketing campaign!
Looks like the Drake is on the accelerated commercial path of lacking the creativity and imagination that makes it unique! Sure they help pay the bills but they need you more than the Drake needs them
Just a sneer and a jab !
Maybe I am a dumbass, but is there an explanation of what "The One That Got Away" even means? The "details" page is a glorified advertisement for TFO. Which I get that they are the sponsor, but how in the hell do you capture the essence of "The one that got away"? I mean, if it got away... how in the hell do you take a picture of it? Do they want a bunch of pictures of people standing on the bow of their boat with a slack line across the water, complete with look of disgust? Do you want PowderButtMonkey to send you pics of his exes holding pink salmon?

Some details on the what rights the photographer is giving up for their chance of winning a rod would be nice as well. Do all submitted pictures become property of TFO and usable, or only the winning one? If so, is it one time use or in perpetuity?

There are zero details for this.... :coffee
Woolybug25 wrote:Maybe I am a dumbass, but is there an explanation of what "The One That Got Away" even means? The "details" page is a glorified advertisement for TFO. Which I get that they are the sponsor, but how in the hell do you capture the essence of "The one that got away"? I mean, if it got away... how in the hell do you take a picture of it? Do they want a bunch of pictures of people standing on the bow of their boat with a slack line across the water, complete with look of disgust? Do you want PowderButtMonkey to send you pics of his exes holding pink salmon?

Some details on the what rights the photographer is giving up for their chance of winning a rod would be nice as well. Do all submitted pictures become property of TFO and usable, or only the winning one? If so, is it one time use or in perpetuity?

all canon 2010 433.JPG
all canon 2010 433.JPG (48.82 KiB) Viewed 4096 times
Pancho Rancho wrote:
Woolybug25 wrote:Maybe I am a dumbass, but is there an explanation of what "The One That Got Away" even means? The "details" page is a glorified advertisement for TFO. Which I get that they are the sponsor, but how in the hell do you capture the essence of "The one that got away"? I mean, if it got away... how in the hell do you take a picture of it? Do they want a bunch of pictures of people standing on the bow of their boat with a slack line across the water, complete with look of disgust? Do you want PowderButtMonkey to send you pics of his exes holding pink salmon?

all canon 2010 433.JPG
I don't see any watermarks... I am stealing it, entering it and running away with my TFO rod... :cool
The Denver office law staff of the SOBF Academy of Advanced Photography, Dance and Plumbing (SOBFAAPDP) will be all over your ass. That tuffo is mine.

Pancho "Smithhammer" Rancho
SanchoPancho- that pic's pretty much beggin Raffa for a little photochop ad-on.
so here's the deal. since tfo didn't give us any details i say this-
A) DRC wins, as his is premium in everyway

B) there is now a new contest, for paint/photochop in which RFA is NOT allowed to participate, he'll judge. you take sancho panzas picture and photochop it to your hearts desire, and enter your masterpiece to be judged under RFAs cunning and skilled- make that keen- eye. who he chooses as winner will then buy a hoodie and a tfo flyrod to send to smiffhammer Gapers pimp will retain rights to all the imagages submitted for a long fucking time- infact since i like the word- perpetuity....
jhnnythndr wrote:so here's the deal. since tfo didn't give us any details i say this-
A) DRC wins, as his is premium in everyway

B) there is now a new contest, for paint/photochop in which RFA is NOT allowed to participate, he'll judge. you take sancho panzas picture and photochop it to your hearts desire, and enter your masterpiece to be judged under RFAs cunning and skilled- make that keen- eye. who he chooses as winner will then buy a hoodie and a tfo flyrod to send to smiffhammer Gapers pimp will retain rights to all the imagages submitted for a long fucking time- infact since i like the word- perpetuity....
Smiff - send your address.... I think I won...

WTF, Hieronymus

Right on. Tell these losers what is up, braddah.[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Denson’s Farmer Palmer https://live.st[…]

Impeachment pool

I puts yur flies in the fishes mouth for you http[…]

A Confession

The forecast called for rain, and it's a two mile […]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine