we'll see..

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Lenny

Re: we'll see..

Post by Lenny » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:37 pm

all this for a dude who posted up some home grown snapper.

tough crowd
"Get back home where you belong, and dont ya run off no more"

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:40 pm

all this for a dude who posted up some home (sister) snapper.
Fixed

FlyFishNut

Post by FlyFishNut » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:48 pm

Lenny wrote:all this for a dude who posted up some home grown snapper.

tough crowd

Yeah.. can you old cacklin hens take ur banter downstairs while this young gent throws up some more pics of Hookers with bruised chins and bald little twats?
"You are one of the more annoying people on this board" (Woolybug25)

glen

Post by glen » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:50 pm

FlyFishNut wrote:
Lenny wrote:all this for a dude who posted up some home grown snapper.

tough crowd

Yeah.. can you old cacklin hens take ur banter downstairs while this young gent throws up some more pics of Hookers with bruised chins and bald little twats?

My father always taught me to look at a used car in the light, and hookers in the dark.

I concur.

FlyFishNut

Post by FlyFishNut » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:55 pm

You've been well healed.

Where in FL are you trapped? I'm dragging my old Hewes down to Stuart this weekend. PM me some Hot Spots (it's all part of the Newbie thing... just rolll with it).
"You are one of the more annoying people on this board" (Woolybug25)

Lando

Post by Lando » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:03 pm

I thought we decided that all noobs need to pole a member for no less than three days. But back on track, we are also going to snorkle with whale shares and I was wondering If anyome has a good sbs for a whale shark fly? Thanks in advance........huh, sbs is a palindrome. Crazy.
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

locogringo

Post by locogringo » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Lando wrote:I thought we decided that all noobs need to pole a member for no less than three days. But back on track, we are also going to snorkle with whale shares and I was wondering If anyome has a good sbs for a whale shark fly? Thanks in advance........huh, sbs is a palindrome. Crazy.
Plankton hooks are a bitch to tie on, but Gamakatsu has the best.

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:14 pm

I just use size 20's and tie a fly thT represents an entire colony of plankton, rather than individual members of the colony.

Is it pole only or row too? Like does a new guy from say Colorado have do go down and pole for a member or can he just man the sticks for a few days?

Oh shit, guess what I saw last night, and the night before... This is gonna kill you. A REAL LIVE BALD TWAT. I'll see it again pretty soon. Or maybe a different one. Pre' neat.

Palindrome: DAD
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

Lando

Post by Lando » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:21 pm

I saw one last night.........
Boob too. Hey, there's another!

I think it should be pole three, row two. Wait, which is harder?
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:00 pm

Oh by the way, I think you definately want a pretty decent sized kid- but prepubescent, you don't want him getting any ideas about what saving the gringo from the cuda is actually worth. Probably a 9- 10 year old. Tough, and fast, yet innocent and naive. Not likely to argue about his wage...

Poling is harder to me, but that's likely because I row all the time. You know what would be coool- I'd win, but it'd be cool anyway is a noob olympics. It would be required to complete 15 events in the first 6 months, and you would basically be competing against all the boobs in your year class... And we keep the top three.

Row
Paddle
Pole
Nail knot
Blood knot
Casting in wind...

There's a start. What else?
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:01 pm

Along with plankton I am sure whale sharks would be
All about some tasty krill, maybe a #16 mysis shrimp pattern
Once you wear the shark down using the sleigh ride kayak technique
Tie one end of a mooring rope to the ankle of the belizian boy
Hand him a gaff and tie some bouys to the other end of the rope.
Then paddle back to port, the boy should have your shark landed
In a week to ten days depending on tides, wind, moon phase etc...
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

locogringo

Post by locogringo » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:54 pm

The whale sharks will start circling down deep in the water and pushing the krill to the top. When the krill gets to the top, it can trigger a massive fish blitz. Would not be a bad time to have a fly rod in hand. I saw what looked like an acre of tuna going ape shit on this stuff. I had no fly rod, so I jumped in with snorkel. Like swimming next to a school bus.