Winners Announced>> Photo Contest: Tested on Animals

Monthly photo contests will be the feature of this forum. Discussions of photographic techniques, gear, software, etc will (hopefully) discussed here.
jhnnythndr

Re: Photo Contest: Tested on Animals

Post by jhnnythndr » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:02 pm

You are lime me then. No cable option. My tv is quite fancy as well. It is flat. Amazing technology that- flat, light tv's. Never saw that coming! As previosly mentioned. 22". Sharp. A fine product.

He would have been totally fucking awesome as the punisher. In fact not casting him as the punisher is probably what kept that franchise from taking off lime spiderman. Note how big spiderman is- and Bruce is in all of those. In fact, I believe he has had a role in ALL OF SAM RAIMI's movies!!! Which goes along way toward explaining their popularity.

Oh shit man- you have a dog? You could take a picture of your dog WATCHING EVIL DEAD!! and then enter it in that photo contest. That tested on animals or whatever It was they were having

"Bruce Campbell- animal tested, animal approved"
or
"78% of animals agree, Bruce Campbell is the shit, now give me some sugar baby!"

I don't know. Slogans aren't my strong suit. But there's gotta be a bake with Bruce cambell on the banner, or shit actually have him there, as the greeter. "I'm Bruce cambell and I'd just like to say- you have arrived. Now give me some sugar baby!"
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:11 pm

I like, oops sorry, I lime the idea of bringing him to a bake. Chances are I will be at the luau so....

From his site:
If you are interested in Bruce for a personal appearance, please make sure that you are affiliated with a well-established convention company. And a little FYI, Bruce does not "do" weddings, funerals, store openings (or closings), senior proms, graduations, or car washes. If your request does not fall into any of these categories, feel free to "pitch" your notion below and Bruce will respond accordingly.
Who should we say we are?
boy in long pants

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:24 pm

blumpkin wrote:
Although an SLSS "Bob Ross" type painting show would be perfect for PBS
show starts after SLSS has had a sixer of Sierra Nevada Torpedos
that would be great...
ha- I should have done that a few years back when I was bullet-proof- a 6 of torpedos would have just loosened me up. These days it would either have me snoring or holding my head moaning.
CarelessEthiopian wrote:I like, oops sorry, I lime the idea of bringing him to a bake. Chances are I will be at the luau so....

From his site:
If you are interested in Bruce for a personal appearance, please make sure that you are affiliated with a well-established convention company. And a little FYI, Bruce does not "do" weddings, funerals, store openings (or closings), senior proms, graduations, or car washes. If your request does not fall into any of these categories, feel free to "pitch" your notion below and Bruce will respond accordingly.
Who should we say we are?
I don't know Eth- years ago, when I had a job, a bunch of folks wanted to bring this Curly impersonator to the company picnic. $40.00/each of us for a half hour. It broke my $20/20min rule for practical jokes, but, what can I say, I fell to peer pressure and agreed, with one caveat- He had to leave after 5 minutes (I was never a stooges fan, and didn't want the asshole hanging around all evening). There was a lot of bitching, but the rest finally agreed. ANd at the event everyone agreed we should have said 3 minutes.

Sometimes celebs are best left on the big (or 22" flat) screen.

Another Bruce Campbell option- Burn Notice on USA network. Its on Netflix. Not bad for mindless tv, and he's still funny. And yes, Campbell would have been great ion the Punisher- way better than the two guys they had, And they should have made it campy.

Sucks woth my son off at school- has really changed my movie watching.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:34 pm

Fucking hell. I don't man. I guess I could play the veteran card, and say it's a benefit for Project Healing Waters. Think that'd work? It makes me a little uncomfortable. Not the dishonesty, just having to deal withthe vet stuff etc etc, but that might play ok. What about casting for recovery, the breast cancer folks. Think that'd be hard to swing, just cuz we are all guys (? Right?). Either way it'll be easy to get there logos and put them on our correspondence as a letterhead.

We could possibly say we are from a sobriety/ recovery group- so then when we all "relapse" it'll be kind of funny that this trip was such a total failure. I wish ephemeral was around, he would be good at this sort of thing I think, interfacing with Mr. Cambell's staff or whatever. Im a little out of my element- but I can probably wing it. Lando is very professional, he could be a good one too- to make contact.
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:07 pm

[report]Fly by NeedmoreDEET
Gulf Coast / Backcountry Swap...

See ya at Leo Bake 2012

[/report]
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

Easy Skankin

Post by Easy Skankin » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:19 pm

[report]Abaco 2011
NV8/9 with pink backing bitches
183147_535990768536_49500243_31387206_3237781_n[1].jpg
183147_535990768536_49500243_31387206_3237781_n[1].jpg (88.92 KiB) Viewed 968 times
Suck it Blumpkin[/report]
"The funniest thing is that Ive only caught three permit on back casts" - Tailing Permit

www.evergladesflyfishingguides.com

peetso

Post by peetso » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:26 pm

shark > bonefish
but ...
pink backing > yellow backing
So by my math it is a draw between ES and Blump ...
but WTF do I know about salt species - exactly nothing...
but I do know my backing colors
"Cheer up. You are not on fire." - jhnnythndr

the borealist

Easy Skankin

Post by Easy Skankin » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:46 pm

I have yellow gelspun under the pink dacron

2 tone backing for the win :Roll Eyes

Edit: most importantly, I have a beautiful bahamian man wearing a fake Rolex in the pic
Last edited by Easy Skankin on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The funniest thing is that Ive only caught three permit on back casts" - Tailing Permit

www.evergladesflyfishingguides.com

D-nymph

Post by D-nymph » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:47 pm

What about Blump's old school camo zipper hoodie vs. skankin's whateverthehellthatshirtis?

Blump wins!

:cool

Two tone backing is a whole other world though.
"The devil's pourin drinks and his daughter needs a ride" - III

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:59 pm

D-nymph wrote:What about Blump's old school camo zipper hoodie vs. skankin's whateverthehellthatshirtis?
Yeah there is that. Like what, 643, 713 demerits?

Oh and guide, no matter how lovely, vs, walking up to the Pacific and throwing down...... Blump for the win. (No offense to your fishing buddy/photographer Blum)
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:14 pm

I have 3 colors of backing on my Jesse james reel.

Ghetto fabulous yo.

Vito

Post by Vito » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:37 pm

jhnnythndr wrote:I have 3 colors of backing on my Jesse james reel.
Its true, and its spectacular.
"And now I am, against my better judgement, high at work." - jhnnythndr