This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By peetso

Feist - Metals

"Though her least immediate album-- it lacks The Reminder's pop showstoppers or the charm of Let It Die's restless genre-hopping-- Metals is a vivid evocation of a place that touches on fittingly vast themes about nature, love, and life itself."

1: "The Bad In Each Other" 4:45
2: "Graveyard" 4:18
3: "Caught A Long Wind" 4:55
4: "How Come You Never Go There" 3:25
5: "A Commotion" 3:53
6: "The Cirlce Married The Line" 3:23
7: "Bittersweet Melodies" 3:57
8: "Anti Pioneer" 5:33
9: "Undiscovered First" 4:59
10: "Cicadas And Gulls" 3:16
11: "Comfort Me" 4:04
12: "Get It Wrong, Get It Right" 3:43
By peetso
Lurgee wrote:http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlaye ... =140640097

New Ryan Adams album out 10/11/11

"The early buzz on Ashes & Fire is that it's Ryan Adams' best record since Heartbreaker. If that made you check in for the first time in years, translation: it's his first record that kinda sounds like Heartbreaker."

1: "Dirty Rain" 4:18
2: "Ashes and Fire" 3:45
3: "Come Home" 4:50
4: "Rocks" 2:50
5: "Do I Wait" 3:53
6: "Chains Of Love" 2:23
7: "Invisible Riverside" 4:44
8: "Save Me" 4:18
9: "Kindness" 4:13
10: "Lucky Now" 2:52
11: "I Love You But I Don't Know What To Say" 4:10
By Lurgee
^^
I'm a big fan of the new one. Reminds me of when he was first taking a break from Whiskeytown and playing solo at the Brewery in Raleigh, NC in late 90's. Just him, a guitar, spiral notebook of songs ... one of which became '16 Days' made famous on Strangers Almanac. The lead singer from Six String Drag usually played on a couple of songs with him and it was always amazing.

Not too big on Feist solo but loved her the band that gave her a start.....one of the best Canadian exports IMO

By peetso
Lurgee wrote: Not too big on Feist solo but loved her the band that gave her a start.....one of the best Canadian exports IMO
Definetly dig the BSS :cool

I am not a massive Feist fan either, but this new one has some pretty good moments. Not the type of stuff you'll listen to heading out fishing or tipping a few at the pub.

But good for evenings with the missus.
By peetso
Days - Real Estate

"The music bears a simplicity to match. These aren't minimal songs by any means, but the layers of cycling guitar, rolling rhythm, and gentle echo are always understated, more about conveying feeling than showing off . . ."

1: "Easy"
2: "Green Aisles"
3: "It's Real"
4: "Kinder Blumen"
5: "Out of Tune"
6: "Municipality"
7: "Wonder Years"
8: "Three Blocks"
9: "Younger Than Yesterday"
10: "All the Same"

Stream here:
http://www.npr.org/2011/10/09/141076070 ... state-days

By castingoutloud

Tom Waits was on Q today He has a new record out.
The interview with Jian was epic.

http://www.cbc.ca/q/
Check it.
By Lurgee
Ok, not this Tuesday, but a Tuesday at the end of last month.

I bring you Megafaun. Hard to classify, from Durham, NC. They work with Justin Vernon from Bon Iver and recorded their last album in the same cabin in Wisco where Bon Iver was created. Experimental folk? Indie hippie? I don't know but its great in the background on a quiet Sunday morning or a drive by yourself to a favorite locale. I for one have never judged bands by beard quality...but I think I am going to start.

my favorite of theirs...a bit older

who does this sound like??

By Lurgee
[report]December 6th can get here soon enough
[/report]
By ncguy
Lurgee, I'm really enjoying megafun, thanks for turning me on do it. I don't know who you think that second song sounds like but to me it's the Dead. Good Stuff.
By Bruiser
ncguy wrote:Lurgee, I'm really enjoying megafun, thanks for turning me on do it. I don't know who you think that second song sounds like but to me it's the Dead. Good Stuff.
I like them too and hadn't heard them before this thread. It's funny that they remind you of the GD - to me they sound like the slower Big Star stuff. Both are compliments.
A Confession

confession: fuck canada. relates: don cherry. el[…]

Rust Belt 2019

was gonna be me 6th year. glad yinz got on 'em.[…]

Congrats LSU. I felt like they were the team to […]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Denson's Hot Kate Muddler https://live.stat[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine