TR intros - new year, new thought

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Long Haired Dave

Re: TR intros - new year, new thought

Post by Long Haired Dave » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:11 am

I still don't know what the fuck this new-fangled kettle thing is.
My best efforts at casting looked like a retard skipping rope.

--Redchaser

D-nymph

Post by D-nymph » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:28 am

10 pages of faggotry, with a dash insightful commentary & a hearty helping of side splitters, by morning. :coffee
"The devil's pourin drinks and his daughter needs a ride" - III

Tailer

Post by Tailer » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:31 am

I don't really give a shit about the intros, I rarely read them unless they go a bunch of pages. I usually look more to their first thirty posts or so. The truth is, there are plenty of douchebags here who completed the intro requirement, and plenty of decent dudes who didn't.

Look at Chasing Natives. Excellent intro just two weeks ago. He's since shit all over the board, bragged about his photographic prowess, and posted on nearly every intro thread that's come along since his. Look at wildman. Despite a half dozen tries, he never completed the intro requirement, yet he's still here posting gobs of unintelligible bullshit in every thread on the dogdamn board.

Truth is the intro attracts as many swinging-dicks as douchebags it deters.
if you break into my car, I'll go knock a granny on the head - 2Fish

Transylwader

Post by Transylwader » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:09 pm

Tailer wrote:I don't really give a shit about the intros, I rarely read them unless they go a bunch of pages. I usually look more to their first thirty posts or so. The truth is, there are plenty of douchebags here who completed the intro requirement, and plenty of decent dudes who didn't.

Look at Chasing Natives. Excellent intro just two weeks ago. He's since shit all over the board, bragged about his photographic prowess, and posted on nearly every intro thread that's come along since his. Look at wildman. Despite a half dozen tries, he never completed the intro requirement, yet he's still here posting gobs of unintelligible bullshit in every thread on the dogdamn board.

^ This. Yardsale, you have my South African vote :cool
If assholes could fly, Raleigh would be a fucking airport - my Mum

wildman

Post by wildman » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:27 pm

Tailer wrote:I don't really give a shit about the intros, I rarely read them unless they go a bunch of pages. I usually look more to their first thirty posts or so. The truth is, there are plenty of douchebags here who completed the intro requirement, and plenty of decent dudes who didn't.

How about getting off my back for some reason u like using me as a crutch. At least I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. I no I have been a dick OK I get it. I'm sorry u don't like me.
But at least I have some respect for people

MEXICO RETURNS

Post by MEXICO RETURNS » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:29 pm

I'm not down for changing it...I kind of like to see the newbs show they can make and effort and have a sense of humor when getting called out...It kind of let's them know what to expect...

So that's a negatory vote from me...

For what that's worth...
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"...Steve Martin

"No eternal reward will forgive us now for being wasted at dawn"...Mexico Morrison

BearsFan

Post by BearsFan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:32 pm

I agree with Simon MEXICO.
"I've been searching my whole life for a woman to feed me once a day and eat me once a day. My needs are simple." - Outcast

"Mostly I think about hookers and Tarpon fishing." - blumpkin

Tailer

Post by Tailer » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:35 pm

wildman wrote:How about getting off my back for some reason u like using me as a crutch. At least I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. I no I have been a dick OK I get it. I'm sorry u don't like me.
But at least I have some respect for people
Using you as a crutch? You couldn't hold up my left nut. You want respect? Earn it.
if you break into my car, I'll go knock a granny on the head - 2Fish

Lurgee

Post by Lurgee » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:53 pm

Can we interweb bully newbs into making a donation to one of the many solid charitable organizations we have worked with?

That's be the only change I'd recommend. :coffee
"Fried Chicken for President!" Trucha del Mar

"Sweet Jesus... untold hundreds of linear miles of pristine trout water within pissing distance, and you cocksuckers went fishing for carp?
What's next? A Wang Chung show? Ajax

RT

Post by RT » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:00 pm

Maybe we should go to the "ask one to be one" method?

Apron3.gif
Apron3.gif (74.65 KiB) Viewed 537 times

fishpimp

Post by fishpimp » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:14 pm

Keep intro as is except boobs must be homegrown...the only time my wife let me get a pic of those jugs they ended up on here. Im a newbie going a little over two years, I don't comment on noob intros...which is how it should be. It'd be nice if you do intro, then keep yer hole shut til you put up TR, stay outta noob intros, basically keep quiet for awhile...
"You look like the type'a guy that gets outta' the shower to take a piss"- Diceman

G_Smolt

Post by G_Smolt » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:32 pm

Lurgee wrote:Can we interweb bully newbs into making a donation to one of the many solid charitable organizations we have worked with?

That's be the only change I'd recommend. :coffee
Winner.