Policy Reminder

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Tailer

Re: Policy Reminder

Post by Tailer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:27 pm

RFA wrote:As far as the "we run this ship" attitude....bullshit. The skatepark was built nemo, we're just using it. As far as I know, this is still a losing venture for Tom. In a business scenario, an employee going to the boss and saying "I built this" as a power play when "this" is in the red isn't the best strategy for getting your way.
There's no "we run this ship" attitude, at least not coming from my direction. If Tom runs this site in the red, then he's just like the thousands of other companies out there that recognize that a website is a marketing tool, which is part of a marketing budget, which is there to sell your product or service (a magazine, in Tom's case). The ads on the site here help offset that cost and the traffic on the site is what sells those ad spaces. To suggest that Tom paid to have this website built out of the goodness of his heart is, well, I think we all know what it is... bullshit, as you so eloquently refer to it. Now, if Tom isn't seeing a return on his marketing investment in magazine sales or ad sales, well, then I'd suggest he scale back the site until he does. If that means the loss of the forum, I'm sure we'll find somewhere else to play.

My suggestion is simply that the UI change has driven down the activity of the board, which will eventually have an effect on unique hits, which will eventually have an effect on ad revenue. If it was my revenue at stake, I wouldn't want an unpaid employee adding insult to injury.

Your welcome to save your lectures on business. I'm about as likely to take business advice from a dick artist as I am to throw myself into oncoming traffic.

Like I said, maybe the Drake defies convention.
if you break into my car, I'll go knock a granny on the head - 2Fish

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:28 pm

trannies are still ok right? as long as their "vagina's" aren't showing?
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:35 pm

Naked things are natural.

RFA

Post by RFA » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:36 pm

Tailer,

I do have a day job, you know. I imagine people viewing me as some dude in a garage, surrounded by dick drawings and filth, kind of like the lotto playing uncle in Better Off Dead.

Edit: Uncle Frank from One Crazy Summer.....John Cusack movie, what's the difference.

[report]
mqdefault.jpg
mqdefault.jpg (6.2 KiB) Viewed 938 times
[/report]

I knew I would get shit for my post, just as Jed did for his. I believe the traffic from the board will come back. My opinion may also have been affected by the fact that I got a new Drake winter billed hat with a GREEN logo in the mail yesterday (made especially for me, I assume). Thanks Tom.

I can be bought, and for less than $30.

Oh....pussy tree:

[report]
IMG_3866.JPG
IMG_3866.JPG (251.59 KiB) Viewed 956 times
[/report]
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

backbone

Post by backbone » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:44 pm

Maybe a definition of nudity would help out us newbs.

V Wake

Post by V Wake » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:31 pm

V Wake wrote: This ship has run a somewhat straight line for a long time without a particularly heavy-handed presence. No need to pour kerosene on a perfectly good camp fire.
I never implied that this was anyone's ship, but rather that all of you that have been on here for a long time have done your parts to ensure that things are done right while still maintaining a special strain of "ethics". It seems like most are committed to ensuring that the qualities that make this board unique are maintained without having to resort to wrist slapping.

Adams

Post by Adams » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:58 pm

I like boobs.

And the cap'n can speak for himself. But if the little guy wants to be able to visit his own effing website in a public coffee shop without having to worry about what is going to pop up on the screen - which if I recall correctly, was the original justification for the rule after a rash of pictures of underage nekkid chicks got posted - then he can insist on the rule.

Enforcing it is another problem. . .

But serially, does anyone really think nemo runs this site for profit? We'd be hip deep in ads for High Times and bongs if he were really playing to the bard demographic. Marketing schmarkeitng. Carry on . . .
Last edited by Adams on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

BearsFan

Post by BearsFan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:00 pm

Tailer,
I think what RFA is trying to tell you is that you need to explain what UI is, business scenario wise.

You know, just like how he explained to Nemo how to draw dicks.
Last edited by BearsFan on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been searching my whole life for a woman to feed me once a day and eat me once a day. My needs are simple." - Outcast

"Mostly I think about hookers and Tarpon fishing." - blumpkin

Tailer

Post by Tailer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:11 pm

So, is there any irony in the the fact that, what I suppose prompted this message from Jed, has become the homepage Daily Drake feature?
if you break into my car, I'll go knock a granny on the head - 2Fish

Da Ax

Post by Da Ax » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:12 pm

Adams wrote:I like boobs.

And the cap'n can speak for himself. But if the little guy wants to be able to visit his own effing website in a public coffee shop without having to worry about what is going to pop up on the screen - which if I recall correctly, was the original justification for the rule after a rash of pictures of underage nekkid chicks got posted - then he can insist on the rule.

Enforcing it is another problem. . .

But serially, does anyone really think nemo runs this site for profit? Marketing schmarkeitng. Carry on . . .
While I agree with this in principle, one has some sort of liability in opening this site in a public place knowing what may show up. The underage chick things is just wrong.

Whether it is profitable or not is irrelevent. Like it or not, it is a deformed extension of the magazine. Some fool picks up the latest issue for the first time, if he likes it, he does a search and comes here. Blammo. I support the fact that this place is the biker bar of fishing forums in all its forms of expression. With that said, perhaps there should be a warning when some schmuck hits teh Message Boards link that flashes up and states something like "The content in the forum can be adult in nature." blah, blah, blah. That way, some schmuck has been warned. They have the chance to get out before the lunacy begins.

What really gets me is that it's situations like this that is usually started by someone who is offended, bitches about it and gets all of in a hill of shit. These people piss me off because they don't have the strength enough in their convictions to state that they were the ones who complained. You wanna make it crappy for everyone else, you should lead the charge, not skulk away. You open the door to a bar and you don't like it...don't go in. If you go in, you are living within the bounds of what is going on in that atmosphere.

Rant over.
The difference between decency and indecency is opportunity...

One could search their entire lives for the perfect drift, and it would not be a wasted life.

"If I owned this place and Hell, I'd rent this place out and live in Hell." -Toombs

RFA

Post by RFA » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:15 pm

If this is a biker bar, then is Heero Pee Wee Herman?

Heero(out of the side of his mouth): "I say we let him go"

As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

Kylemc

Post by Kylemc » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:18 pm

Tailer wrote:So, is there any irony in the the fact that, what I suppose prompted this message from Jed, has become the homepage Daily Drake feature?
hahaha
"And sometimes both is required. We; the three of us were rather like the willow. Nothing broke us...Fucking Nothing..."

I forgot the rest.... your mom is a whore...WB25