Sh!t It's Cold (Winter TR's)

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Bears Fan

Re: Sh!t It's Cold (Winter TR's)

Post by Bears Fan » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:31 pm

I don't know boys. It was in the 20's here this morning. Tomorrow is not looking much better. Curse me for wearing shorts last week....
"Some days you win, some you lose, and some get rained out." - Outcast

Casey B

Post by Casey B » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:33 pm

Mexico, perhaps when I finally want to push my wife over the edge that will be the trip report! My uncle lives in Del Ray and my Aunt in West Palm, I have open invites yet for some reason I enjoy suffering up here for now.

MEXICO RETURNS

Post by MEXICO RETURNS » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:05 am

Casey B wrote:Mexico, perhaps when I finally want to push my wife over the edge that will be the trip report! My uncle lives in Del Ray and my Aunt in West Palm, I have open invites yet for some reason I enjoy suffering up here for now.

Not to mention MEXICO RETURNS lives about 45 minutes from there...
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"...Steve Martin

"No eternal reward will forgive us now for being wasted at dawn"...Mexico Morrison

HPFF

Post by HPFF » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:15 am

That looked like a hell of a lot of fun...also made me hungry for a homemade chicken-salad snadwich!! :cool
"Pork on the plate and pigs in the drink." Ironman

Casey B

Post by Casey B » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:26 pm

A quick jaunt up to Ny for some brews and Rainheads. Conditions were shit with low water temps and high flows. Fish getting it on not wanting to bite etc. Perfect time for a trip that was about the trip and not the fish. Been learning that is what is the most fun for me when the pressure of life fogs one's head.

Temps forecasted in the 50's, not so at 0645. Still frozen here.

Nice drive in the daylight for once and met the guys at the river. Cracked the beer and flask and took our time setting up and setting the tone for the trip.

Stones were crawling everywhere along the banks

Doggy Style

To make it harder on ourselves we settled in swinging the snowmelt,

No pulls this afternoon so we settled in for a night of shit stirring,

The next morning those of us that survived hit the river early. Hit a pod of fish and managed to fight a few,

After it died we went to pick up the wounded and start the afternoon right,

Bck to the swing and step for the afternoon to no avail, time to have some fun,
Dinner of Fatboy Burgers and fries,

The next morning we decided to walk into some far runs and swing again,

With nothing going on and the river rising and snow melting we decided to start the ride home. It was great to get out for a few days and not worry about a thing but who is getting the next brew!