request... it's for the youths

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
burgerthumb

Re: request... it's for the youths

Post by burgerthumb » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:27 pm

In fairness to the 'new, improved' board, I think I f-ed up the pm's to hog and pbr. I have resent them and one to Thal. If it's still not there I'll get you my email.

Genome - That seems like a pretty cool program. I'll be looking into it for the future.

thanks again, drakians.
Can't wait to get this off the ground.
"...when it's your favorite stream, at some point...ya just gotta stand in front of the bulldozers." -Deerhawk

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Great stuff Burg-

Sounds like you've got the equipment sorted, but if you need a hand on a field trip to the water, I may be able to squeeze in some time to drive down and help ya for an outing. Otherwise, I'll get you a bunch of copies of Vermont Trout Streams which I revised/re-wrote years ago. Good fallback/overview for the kids of their states waters,etc.

Not back from NZ until late April, so don't hesitate to remind me around then, and we can meet up in Montpeculier or the like as shipping books ain't cheap. :cool
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

burgerthumb

Post by burgerthumb » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:34 pm

Hey VT!

Another hand with the kids would be GREAT.
I thought I recognized your name but now I know it's from that book. I've owned a copy for years - great stuff. A few copies would be really helpful.

Don't bother rushing back from the other side. 35 degrees, drippy, and overcast here for days on end.
"...when it's your favorite stream, at some point...ya just gotta stand in front of the bulldozers." -Deerhawk

Bears Fan

Post by Bears Fan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:31 pm

Shoot your address my way too. Got to be something around here I can send your way...
"Some days you win, some you lose, and some get rained out." - Outcast

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:57 pm

Hey Burger-

Yea, lol, I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to get back to VT and the states, but I will be back the last weekend of April. I think you may have my email, but drop me a pm if you don't and we'll catch up in the first week of May or the like...
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:42 pm

I got nothing after all the trading we've done around here recently. But if you get somebody to fund a quiver of blanks with the pieces, I'll wrap and glue them for you (plastic, not bamboo). Seriously, it might be a really cheap way to get a dozen rods in your hands
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513

flystuff

Post by flystuff » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:43 am

burgerthumb

Post by burgerthumb » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:49 pm

PBRSTREETGANG is the man! Thanks for the hookup.

We are casting a bunch and getting fired up for opening day.

The other day I read them "Some Remarks," the opening essay from McGuane's The Longest Silence. I got a little choked up at the end. I always do. But they totally got it.

Game on.