This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Wholetmygoatsout
That pic should go straight to the things that piss me off .... only cause it wasn't me mind. Nice shot.
By Bears Fan
Great shot Josh!
By overbrook
He forgot to tell you it did'nt make it to the boat.....he's still a fucker though! :wink
By The Volfish

Despite the cold temps we powered through after sunset and found some fish along an island's lee shore.
By redfin89
The Volfish wrote:Image

Despite the cold temps we powered through after sunset and found some fish along an island's lee shore.
Very chilly in the cHill that night.....
By Pell-Mell
After taking care of a bunch of stuff that had eaten away all my spare time I made it out to the marsh to knock the rust off. Plenty of schoolies around. With clear sailing ahead of me I'll be getting out regularly now.
By Redchaser
TidewateR wrote:I miss this thread

You know you might be in Louisiana if........ Just got mine out of the shop getting the results of that kind of activity taken care of.
By The Volfish
Its been a while. The lagoon continues to produce, despite what seems to be another summer of "the bloom". The net effect has been reduced viz, but it effects the fish as well, so some close quarters eats have been going down & that's been fun.

As usual, the backcountry, out of the way places have been filled with happy fish, so effort is rewarded & trolling motor pussies are a distant distraction.

For those of you interested in local history; the namesake of JB's Fish Camp, John Adam “JB” Bollman III, passed earlier this summer after a bout with cancer. For now it seems the restaurant will remain in operation for some time to come. There had been worries that it would fall and be replaced with condos.

*no san juan worms were harmed in the making of this report.
By Redchaser
The Volfish wrote:Its been a while. The lagoon continues to produce, despite what seems to be another summer of "the bloom". The net effect has been reduced viz, but it effects the fish as well, so some close quarters eats have been going down & that's been fun.

As usual, the backcountry, out of the way places have been filled with happy fish, so effort is rewarded & trolling motor pussies are a distant distraction.

For those of you interested in local history; the namesake of JB's Fish Camp, John Adam “JB” Bollman III, passed earlier this summer after a bout with cancer. For now it seems the restaurant will remain in operation for some time to come. There had been worries that it would fall and be replaced with condos.

*no san juan worms were harmed in the making of this report.
Nice,

There are some flats I have been fishing for a very long time that have gotten popular in the last few years. Now there are almost always boats on it when I arrive, but they too are trolling motor pussies. This weekend Lurgee and I simply pushed into the shallower back water off of the flat, where trolling motors can't go, and found our fish in grassy ponds with gin clear water. Back at the launch at the end of the day, One of the trolling motor pussies was complaining that he had only caught 2 fish "because once the wind got up he couldn't see them". I'm glad he doesn't know what he's missing. What's also funny is that there will always be a poling skiff on the flat, complete with poling platform and push pole secured to the gunwale of the boat, but the operators using the trolling motor instead. This weekend it was a Mitzi skiff, sometimes it's a Maverick or a Hells Bay, I still can't figure out why someone would buy a $40,000 poling skiff if all they are going to do is fish off of the T.M.
By Long Haired Dave
Redchaser wrote: This weekend it was a Mitzi skiff, sometimes it's a Maverick or a Hells Bay, I still can't figure out why someone would buy a $40,000 poling skiff if all they are going to do is fish off of the T.M.
Or use it as a jon boat to get to a flat and then get out and wade
Rock curry

Where is the lightning bolt you painted onto the b[…]

whatcha tying?

Lando you caught the bug big time, been enjoying s[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

July 9, 2020 #29 $101/6 = $16.83 Gas $2.09 […]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Opal Cormorant https://live.staticflickr.com[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine